Topic: Hello from Maryland

I stumbled upon Joe's music quite randomly as I was channel hopping one evening back in September.  I happened upon the Live at Radio City Music Hall concert video on cable and watched it all the way through with the sound levels from my AVR up high enough to cause my better half to come downstairs to see what was up.  I'm pretty ADD (which explains how I actually got to the rebroadcast in the first place) so I rarely stay with a concert program until the finish.  Well, I'm not telling any of you anything new so I'll just say that my zero to fanatic time = the time from the top of the show to the chorus of Trouble Town.  My wife, whose musical tastes lean pretty strongly toward country and pop was almost as into Joe B and his band as I was.  She was watching intently.  ;-)
I was a horn player in my youth actually playing for a bit in a big band style jazz and blues group and have since had a sincere appreciation for all forms of blues and rock guitar.  Clapton, Baker, Page, Beck and Kossoff were all important parts of the music I grew up with (you might guess my age by my handle) and I can't believe I didn't find Joe B. earlier.  It isn't so bad though because now I get to catch up for all those lost years.  iTunes is certainly pleased with my new obsession. 
I hope to bring my wife up to see the show in Reading, PA on 1/12 to experience it all live.  Meanwhile, back to "Stones in my Passway" on my iPhone....

2 (edited by Champster 2015-12-17 10:14:50)

Re: Hello from Maryland

Welcome!  I had a very similar reaction when I stumbled across Joe on TV back in 2011.  I have all his DVDs and CDs now smile, and have seen him live.  Not to be missed.

Based on the artists you mention, you should also check out Joe's work with Black Country Communion (BCC) if you haven't already.  BCC was undoubtedly my favorite extracurricular project that Joe has done to date, and all 3 BCC CDs and the 1 BCC DVD are absolutely worth looking into as well.

Hi welcome to the group....enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hi and welcome also big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome to the forum!

Ur in good company here.

Lots of ear candy available for u to sample .. gotta encourage the fanatic time .. lol

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Hey, welcome to the forum 1959! You should fit right in.
BTW, you can call me 1956!

Or Bill

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"