Topic: Concert Experiences

Aside from my one and only marriage, the birth of our children and grandchildren a most exciting event was Joe's performance here in Mobile, Al. The band is so tight and precise without sounding rehersed as to be amazing!

As the show began I kept having lights flash in my eyes and thought how distracting. Then I realized that it was the reflection off all the bald guys heads as they shook their heads front and back with the music.

Loved the music and will keep buying albums and looking for additional concert events for Joe.

Re: Concert Experiences

pagill6447 wrote:

Aside from my one and only marriage, the birth of our children and grandchildren a most exciting event was Joe's performance here in Mobile, Al. The band is so tight and precise without sounding rehersed as to be amazing!

As the show began I kept having lights flash in my eyes and thought how distracting. Then I realized that it was the reflection off all the bald guys heads as they shook their heads front and back with the music.

Loved the music and will keep buying albums and looking for additional concert events for Joe.

Those weren't bald heads....they were solar panels for sex machines.....

That must be the problem! I'll shave my head tomorrow!

if my guitar playing was 1/10 as good as theirs.. I'd shave my head in the morning.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

5 (edited by Parasite68 2015-12-06 23:35:24)

I was wondering how that Mobile gig went.  My girlfriend and I were just in Mobile October 2nd for Shinedown.  We live in the New Orleans area and saw Joe just before thanksgiving.  Did the meet and greet before the show and I'm still smiling.
I have said it before and I'll say it again...
I've seen everyone from Aerosmith to ZZ top and everyone in between from AC/DC, Iron Maiden,KISS, Sabbath, Whitesnake, you name it....  Those were some great shows I went to, but my girlfriend and I sat in the Saenger theatre in New Orleans for 20 minutes watching roadies tear the set down.  We both turned to each other, mouths still hanging open and said in unison, "that was the best concert I've ever seen"!
Joe Bonamassa is a true perfectionist and it shows in his performance.

I will say this: Enjoy him in these intimate settings while you still can, because once the right single gets released to the right radio station, he's going to reach a legendary status! He's already legendary, just not a household name yet! smile

"There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of grey for every shade of blue.  That's the way that I see life.  If there was nothing wrong, then there'd be nothing right." - Brent Smith
"The blues aint nothing but a good man feeling bad". Leon Redbone