Re: Spring 2016 US Tour Fan Presale

Doug, the Binghamton is finally working!

38 (edited by DougH 2015-10-06 14:25:03)

nmagcorn wrote:

Doug, the Binghamton is finally working!

[EDIT] YES!! it worked.
Section ORCH B   Row D   Seat 107,108

dead center row 4

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Good to go for The Adler in Davenport, IA.  Snagged a pair in the 4th row.  Should be a good way to introduce my 9 year old son to LIVE music!

"You can't put a price on cool."

RickB wrote:
cindyron wrote:

front row both Hampton shows

Lucky guy!

yup for sure

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Congratulations to everyone who got great seats today, and thanks to Eric and the J&R folks for all they do for us.

Alas, my losing streak with these pre-sale things continued. Time to fall back, regroup, and figure out a Plan B...  sad

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

I guess Joe is becoming more popular in OKC,  last time he played the Civic Center, I got row C , center section.

Today, I get row D,  left of the center.

But I'm not very good at these presale events,  I start getting nervous before the official time,  my heart rate picks up,  I have trouble hitting the right keys on my keyboard ........ and that dang jumbled up word(s) they want you to enter,  heck , I never can figure out what letters are what ... all they while I'm rushing.

However, I'm not complaining,  Row C or Row D,  no difference.

Wow, this platinum seat price thing is pretty crazy!  And I hate how you can't choose your seats with Ticketmaster from a seating chart.  I don't like what it's giving me for best available.

Bought tickets to the Madison, WI show as a b-day present for my wife, I was able to get 7th row just left of center.  Very happy with the seats. 

The date of the show is not too far from our wedding anniversary so I figured that we could make this into a nice weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary.  I found out a few hours after I purchased the tickets as I was looking into accommodations that the show date coincides with the University of Wisconsin's commencement weekend.  D'oh!  This is going to be interesting.

45 (edited by timb 2015-10-07 08:40:32)

Coach305 wrote:

Time to fall back, regroup, and figure out a Plan B...  sad

Two tickets will cost $300 with fees.

Tour de Force Ultimate Fan Box Set is $399 plus shipping, but you get a meet and greet too. If you already have the DVD or BluRays, you can pass them on to make new Bona-fans, use for holiday gifts, sell the set, donate to your local library, etc.

I've done it three times. :-)

Edit: I should point out that amazing seats aren't guaranteed, but as Tamara explains, they are "artist reserved" so they should be pretty good. I was front row once (where I met Ron and Jay), 27th row at Red Rocks, and will use the third this spring. So I'm hoping for near the front again.

timb wrote:
Coach305 wrote:

Tour de Force Ultimate Fan Box Set is $399 plus shipping, but you get a meet and greet too. If you already have the DVD or BluRays, you can pass them on to make new Bona-fans, use for holiday gifts, sell the set, donate to your local library, etc.

Edit: I should point out that amazing seats aren't guaranteed, but as Tamara explains, they are "artist reserved" so they should be pretty good. I was front row once (where I met Ron and Jay), 27th row at Red Rocks, and will use the third this spring. So I'm hoping for near the front again.

Or keep them!  So if you don't mind, could you tell me more.  The box set instructions say the tickets are subject to availability, but it says that within 5 days I would get confirmation of my order and instructions on how to redeem my tickets.  Does this mean that if I ordered it right now, I would be able to redeem my tickets as soon as I'm notified and ensure that I get seats even though I don't know where yet?  Right now Ticketmaster's best available is giving me way to the right side of the stage.  Do you think I would be able to get seats more towards the center with this?  And of course, I would LOVE to do the meet and greet.

Never mind -- I went for it!  Anyone else going to Reno?

seating choice.. depends.
I think I've only run into one arena that wouldn't let me pick my seats but gave me seat numbers I had to guess where they were exactly to guess if they were good.
most other "real" theatres do allow a seat selection.
some venues its a 'feeding frenzy' to get tickets up close and mysteriously get swallowed up quick

but like I said, depends on the venue seating.
platinum.. yes they're out there, for those that are inclined, probably not for the 'average' person.
as long as I can still get rows 4-11, I'm cool with those that want to pay double or triple me.

leanne wrote:

Wow, this platinum seat price thing is pretty crazy!  And I hate how you can't choose your seats with Ticketmaster from a seating chart.  I don't like what it's giving me for best available.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

leanne wrote:

Or keep them!  So if you don't mind, could you tell me more.  The box set instructions say the tickets are subject to availability, but it says that within 5 days I would get confirmation of my order and instructions on how to redeem my tickets.  Does this mean that if I ordered it right now, I would be able to redeem my tickets as soon as I'm notified and ensure that I get seats even though I don't know where yet?  Right now Ticketmaster's best available is giving me way to the right side of the stage.  Do you think I would be able to get seats more towards the center with this?  And of course, I would LOVE to do the meet and greet.

There are no guarantees I'm sure, but since these shows just went on sale, I can't imagine that they cannot allocate tickets for passes from the bundle. But there is no guarantee on where your seat will be. I've heard of people being disappointed in where their seats were. I've used them twice. Once I was front row (left, not center). At Muddy Wolf I was further back than I expected, and wouldn't make the trip again for that. But that was a special show that probably already had exhausted all of the better seats by the time I asked.

You should get an email from someone at J&R, asking what show you'd like to use your passes at. I don't recall how long that took for me, but it was probably a week or more. I guess you could email/call if you're anxious. Tickets will be picked up day of show at will-call, so you won't know where you're sitting until you get there. And your name will be on the list for the M&G.

tim

50 (edited by Coach305 2015-10-07 13:50:45)

timb wrote:
Coach305 wrote:

Actually, I was thinking maybe there would be another lithograph release sometime this fall, but your suggestion is a great idea, too!
I definitely know friends who would enjoy the box set, and it would give me a chance to have Joe autograph Amanda (my Alvarez Yairi WY1TS; I wrote about her on my blog last month: http://curmudgeonbeyondthewall.blogspot ā€¦ l-ish.html), which would be a huge thrill...

I have experienced both sides of the "artist reserved" situation, and it really does depend on the venue. For a show in Omaha,
I got seats in the second balcony just a few rows away from the back wall, but for a show in Des Moines I got fourth row center. Of course, any seat for a Joe show is better than no seat at all! To paraphrase George Patton: "A Joe Bonamassa concert 10 minutes from where I live and I'm left out of it??? God will NOT permit this to happen!"  big_smile

And, just like that, I can stop looking for train trestles to jump off of... wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:

I have experienced both sides of the "artist reserved" situation, and it really does depend on the venue.

I wonder if it matters when you ask as well. If they estimate how many they need, then need more, they may just pull from whatever seats are left unsold.

Since you've done it before, you already know who to email, and can probably send an email with a forwarded copy of the order confirmation asking to use your passes for a specific show.

RickB wrote:
pat6put6man wrote:

18TH Row center (seats 32-36) Fresno.....kinda got lost a bit when site opened but did the best I could....thanks again for the help RickB....

Let's do a pre show get together. I'll post something when we get close to the time. We will be following the bus up I-5 from Bakersfield and staying the night in Fresno. Then on to wine country for a little vino and mud baths in Calistoga. Our annual rejuvenation trip. smile

Sequoia Brewing Company (SBC) in the Tower District is a good place to have a pre show get together as it has a good micro-brewery and good food. Here's the web site: http://sequoiabrewing.com/

gymstreet wrote:

The good news is that I got tickets for the Fresno show. The bad news is that I'm not all that close at the 16th row. Tickets were selling quickly. I hope that the people buying tickets are not buying them to just sell them at a higher price.

I upgraded my seats a little by moving to the center, but had to go back 1 row. Ticketmaster allows you to exchange your tickets within 72 hours of purchase to upgrade your seats. No charge unless the tickets are more expensive.

I can't believe how much "premium seats" cost! I saw Joe in 2012 in Fresno and I had 2nd row seats and they were the same price as the other tickets. I guess the good old days of being in the first few rows are over for me.

timb wrote:
Coach305 wrote:

Tim, weren't you front row last year in Springfield?

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How Iā€™d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP