Re: Joe at Carnegie Hall

I actually found out about the Carnegie show from a Twitter message (or a tweet or whatever the heck you call it) from the street team around 10:30 am (tickets went on sale at 11:00), but the email with the package never showed up until late afternoon.  I don't use Twitter much but there are a few feeds that I get as a message on my phone.  It can be annoying, but also quite helpful as in this case.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Sorry I won't pay for fan club

jgibbons1685 wrote:

I 100% agree with Jim.  An actual paid fan club membership should get started and soon!

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

21 (edited by RickB 2015-07-17 08:53:14)

jgibbons1685 wrote:
jim m wrote:

I have been a proponent of morphing the Street Team in to something more current like a Fan Club. I think the old Street Team model is dead in that there are no traditional activities still viable. The Street Team served it's purpose. With social media everbody is a Street Teamer if you give them content and information to share. The days of hanging posters at the record store are over. The day of the record stores are over. You have fans that want to share Joe without any organization necessary. There seems to be a need to allow Meet and Greet access to Street Teamers but when you have other ways such as Box Set and Litho purchases then you still can gain access or through PBS promotions. The PBS exposure is the best thing to ever happen to Joe in the US and now the momentum is on the side of J&R. Those of us that have worked the Street Team have been rewarded by seeing the success happen before our very eyes.

How to transition is the question and I don't know what the answer is.

I 100% agree with Jim.  An actual paid fan club membership should get started and soon!

+1. There will be howls of the haves and have-nots, criticism of ticket prices ad nauseum, but I am ready for this. There should be a way to allocate prime seats for the fan club members ahead of the scalpers.
We early fans worked hard to s/t Joe to the public and the job is done. Time to move on. We paid for the perqs when we street teamed anyway with our time, gas and other expenses and never gave it a thought.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

22 (edited by cindyron 2015-07-17 12:29:04)

Fan club membership??? Seriously come on what a great way to turn off tons of people. I will not pay for a fan club for anyone are you kidding spoils the whole vib. Turns it into its all about the money. It will turn me off for sure. Just as bad if you told me I had to pay to join the forum.
my two cents

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

Fan club membership??? Seriously come on what a great way to turn off tons of people. I will not pay for a fan club for anyone are you kidding spoils the whole vib. Turns it into its all about the money. It will turn me off for sure. Just as bad if you told me I had to pay to join the forum.
my two cents

+1.

Isn't half the fun of preshow gatherings sitting around b*tching about the crummy seats you got in the presale? lol

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

24 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-07-17 17:12:53)

BarbieD wrote:
cindyron wrote:

my two cents

+1.

Isn't half the fun of preshow gatherings sitting around b*tching about the crummy seats you got in the presale? lol

... now that one deserves a +1!! big_smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.