55 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-07-12 19:08:24)

Re: Bona-Trivia

Still stuck on #1 (without looking at iPod Library) ... others did ask questions I had ... instrumental / live, etc. ...

Think I had #2 ... matching others ...

#3 ... can I buy a "G"?  (Do you have Wheel of Fortune on TV on your side of the Pond? ... but I think they only buy vowels smile ) ... you don't have to answer if I'm on the right track ... someone who has all 3 should do the final answer post.)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

56 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2015-07-12 20:48:48)

Not sure how accurate it is, or if there's anything missing, but Allmusic says Joe filled in for Roger McGuinn in between Bloodlines & New Day Yesterday.

Bloodline released a self-titled album, but Bonamassa wanted to move on. In summer 2000 he guested for Roger McGuinn on Jethro Tull's summer tour, later releasing his debut solo album, A New Day Yesterday.

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/joe-bona … /biography

This is a good triple decker question - you've got the whole forum family stumped!

I think its like the caveman cartoon , forum members are chipping away at block of answers to finally reveal lol

Q 1 ... for DougH  "Are You Experienced" would be correct if it were on the ANDY Live CD, but it is not, good try not CD unfortunately

Q 2 ... Is Done, Well Done cool

Q 3 ...  RoadcaseBoy  good homework smile  you can indeed buy a "?"  do you need some vowels

.......... Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

58 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-07-13 10:43:25)

I don't think I have enough $!! ....  I'll start with an A. I'll start saving up for the others ... smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I think I know the answer to all three, but I'll see if someone else gets it first (I think RoadcaseBoy knows the answer to #3).

Never thought about it before, but I think I now know how the songwriter came up with the title to part of question #1 - that is if my guess is correct.

I have number 3 but don't think it is fair if I answer. Actually was going to be my question when I took a turn. No fair Michael asking three questions unless it has a Three Kings tie in.

I think whoever knows #3 better just say it... we could be here a while. ;-)

I don't know the answers to any of them but man You guys are awesome.  I have learned so much since Michael posted this question. I had no idea Joe filled in for Roger.  Wow.  Love this bona trivia

ZeyerGTR wrote:

This is from the Syracuse New Times in 1996: 

The Music Buzz

The comeback show by Yorkville blues guitar prodigy Smokin' Joe Bonamassa was abruptly cancelled at the Beginning II June 8, after a disagreement between the artist's management and the manager of the East Syracuse nightclub. Opening act Dirty Pool played out the evening in place of Bonamassa's new trio Smokin' Joe's Vault. But stay tuned for the further adventures of Smokin' Joe: where there's smoke there's fire.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

=o|-[ wrote:
ZeyerGTR wrote:

This is from the Syracuse New Times in 1996: 

The Music Buzz

The comeback show by Yorkville blues guitar prodigy Smokin' Joe Bonamassa was abruptly cancelled at the Beginning II June 8, after a disagreement between the artist's management and the manager of the East Syracuse nightclub. Opening act Dirty Pool played out the evening in place of Bonamassa's new trio Smokin' Joe's Vault. But stay tuned for the further adventures of Smokin' Joe: where there's smoke there's fire.

Ah, but what of the question if Smokin' Joe's Vault never performed publicly?  IS that still a band? hmm  Did you ever see or hear of them performing as a group, John? wink  Just playing along on a long wait... smile

Rock ON & Keep The Faithful of Wait@anyrate.edu,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

66 (edited by =o|-[ 2015-07-14 20:32:18)

Rocket wrote:

Ah, but what of the question if Smokin' Joe's Vault never performed publicly?  IS that still a band? hmm  Did you ever see or hear of them performing as a group, John? wink  Just playing along on a long wait... smile

GREAT question Rocket!  unfortunately I can't answer that.  I did find another source to show Smokin' Joe's Vault but it is only for that same show (that never was). http://blog.syracuse.com/listenup/2009/ … joe_b.html

I always wondered if this was the original name for the 1st incarnation of the Joe Bonamassa Band (with Tony Cintron on drums & Creamo Liss on bass).  All I know is that was the only time I heard about Joe performing between the last Bloodline show I saw & my 1st JBB show.  I was always looking for any info on him playing anywhere near CNY & never saw anything else except that one Vault show, but I have no idea about if he played anywhere outside of CNY with the Vault.

from The Post-Standard in 1996, after Bloodline had disbanded and Smokin' Joe's Vault had begun.

The teen guitar wizard's back.

Smokin' Joe Bonamassa isn't with Bloodline anymore. And his new project, Smokin' Joe's Vault, brings an entirely different sound from the guy who loved the blues practically from the crib. Bonamassa unleashes his psychedelic jazz side at 10 p.m. Saturday at Beginning's in East Syracuse. Syracuse hot blues outfit Dirty Pool opens. Cover charge is $4. "This is just another side of me musically, " said Bonamassa, who spent three years with famous offspring of Berry Oakley, Robbie Kreiger and Miles Davis in Bloodline. "I really loved being able to perform my songs and sing them myself. I have always played around with musical variations when I was alone and on my own, but I never felt comfortable playing this music in public. "As I spent more and more time messing around with these songs, only then did I realize the potential of the music and gained belief in myself to bring them to life, " the New York Mills native said.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

=o|-[ wrote:
Rocket wrote:

GREAT question Rocket!  unfortunately I can't answer that.  I did find another source to show Smokin' Joe's Vault but it is only for that same show (that never was). http://blog.syracuse.com/listenup/2009/ … joe_b.html

I always wondered if this was the original name for the 1st incarnation of the Joe Bonamassa Band (with Tony Cintron on drums & Creamo Liss on bass).  All I know is that was the only time I heard about Joe performing between the last Bloodline show I saw & my 1st JBB show.  I was always looking for any info on him playing anywhere near CNY & never saw anything else except that one Vault show, but I have no idea about if he played anywhere outside of CNY with the Vault.

from The Post-Standard in 1996, after Bloodline had disbanded and Smokin' Joe's Vault had begun.

The teen guitar wizard's back.

Smokin' Joe Bonamassa isn't with Bloodline anymore. And his new project, Smokin' Joe's Vault, brings an entirely different sound from the guy who loved the blues practically from the crib. Bonamassa unleashes his psychedelic jazz side at 10 p.m. Saturday at Beginning's in East Syracuse. Syracuse hot blues outfit Dirty Pool opens. Cover charge is $4. "This is just another side of me musically, " said Bonamassa, who spent three years with famous offspring of Berry Oakley, Robbie Kreiger and Miles Davis in Bloodline. "I really loved being able to perform my songs and sing them myself. I have always played around with musical variations when I was alone and on my own, but I never felt comfortable playing this music in public. "As I spent more and more time messing around with these songs, only then did I realize the potential of the music and gained belief in myself to bring them to life, " the New York Mills native said.

I have a publicity photo from this band signed by Joe. It was a band whether they played or not I have no idea.

Have we got an answer now?
Are we using Google?
It's a great topic but needs to move on.

Lester....

69 (edited by Rocket 2015-07-15 13:37:07)

Lester wrote:

Have we got an answer now?
Are we using Google?
It's a great topic but needs to move on.

Lester....

BAH!  Go shave your beard if this is getting too long await! yikes tongue

Educating the Bonamasses is not trivial...

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

PS-Yeah But, C'mon Michael! Answer UP
PPS-Didn't Smokin' Joe's Vault perform Stratus on local television?  Creamo Liss played bass still, but Tony Cintron wasn't drumming yet?! BAH!  Memory fades like blue jeans... hmm

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I think you have mistaken me for someone who cares!
Trivia is just that, a bit of fun not to be taken too seriously.
Whether Smokin Joe's Vault existed or not is of little consequence to me.
P.S. I don't have a beard.

Lester..

So here are the answers

Q1   Shortest = Junction 61 / Had To Cry Today =  48 Seconds   
       Longest  = Just Got Paid / Live From Nowhere in Particular = 17:52

Q2   She's Got A Trucker's Appetite are Lyrics from "No Love On The Street" on Dustbowl CD

Q3   The is Answer is  "Gasolene"

i have a full page newspaper advert of Gasolene's first show given to me kindly by Bob Acquaviva when i visited Bonamassa Guitars in Utica in 2011, its dated February 20th 1997 with lots of interview material and a small poster stating show Gasolene and Gridley Paige at 9pm at
Captain's Trip Rainforest Preserve, 2005 Genesee St, Utica, Cost $6 with $1 to the American Red Cross Utica Chapter fire relief fund,
The Band consisted of Joel Ciotti on Bass, Lenny Milano on Drums, Bob Acquaviva on Guitar & Joe Bonamassa on Guitar and Vocals playing Alternative Rock and Produced by Little Steven van Zandt of Bruce Springsteen fame

The Question is has Anyone got any live tapes audio or videos of Gasolene  cool
something tells me from my recollection with Bob that Gasolene only lasted 6 months and only done a handful of shows, it was indeed a name change from Smokin Joe's Vault and a merge there after
A void time in Joe's careeer although he was still active only a few will know what happened between Bloodline & A New Day Yesterday CD

Thank you everyone for the posts 

........... Michael

i have some more way out Bona Trivia in the vault  wink

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Lester wrote:

I think you have mistaken me for someone who cares!
Trivia is just that, a bit of fun not to be taken too seriously.
Whether Smokin Joe's Vault existed or not is of little consequence to me.
P.S. I don't have a beard.

Lester..

BAH!  You've mistaken me for someone who was/is serious.  My post got Michael to answer.  The reference to shaving a beard was actually an inference to trigger Michael, indicating, as you were, that he was taking too long on his cheating question(s).

But rest assured, Smokin' Joe's Vault, Gasolene, & Bloodline ALL matter to many others here. 

Why don't you offer up next question, Lester? smile Or pass..., your call!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

PS-I knew #3 cuz I was there with Michael when were were enlightened wink