Topic: Bona-Trivia

I searched but didn't see a similar thread.  How about a little Bona-Trivia?   First poster with the correct response gets to ask the next Joe-related question.  Honor system, ideally we're not googling for answers but if we get stuck then so be it.

I was listening to a JB album in the car tonight and the lyric "I'd fight tigers with a toothpick" perked my ear.  Which song is that from?

2 (edited by Rusty 2015-07-01 05:10:57)

Re: Bona-Trivia

That would be "Nothin I wouldn't Do (for a woman like you)" from A New Day Yesterday. That CD was just in rotation in my car.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty wrote:

That would be "Nothin I wouldn't Do (for a woman like you)" from A New Day Yesterday. That CD was just in rotation in my car.

Correct, sir!  Your turn.

Okay, here we go, I've got another lyrics question. Which song has this lyric:
"Now it's mind over matter, Story of legends, you'll see...."

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty wrote:

"Story Of A Quarryman" hmm

Rock Mined ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rusty wrote:

I was gonna say "Revolution In Me".

Lee wrote:
Rusty wrote:

CORRECT! This one was from the first BCC CD. That was quicker than I expected.

NEXT! smile

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Lee wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Somebody had to be wrong in this topic! tongue  All I knew off the the top of the noggin was it was a heavy song with a heavy guitar down stroke...

I'd do much better at name that tune in x notes...  wink

OK Lee, I know you got it in you to stump a chump,...what's your toughy?! neutral

Rocks IN The Head Rattle ON & Keeping The Guestimateable Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

First of all, I think I got the right answer to the following question, but I'm not 100% positive. Here goes:

We all know that Joe is the owner of a number of original '59 Gibson Les Paul "Bursts". My question is;

In what city did Joe first play one of his OWN (a guitar he owned at the time, not borrowed) original '59 "Bursts" on stage during one of his shows?

Bonus question; What song did he play?

That might take some research or a phone call. I might know the year and could narrow it down to what country but song? Only Joe would know that I'm afraid.

11 (edited by Lee 2015-07-02 07:47:14)

jim m wrote:

That might take some research or a phone call. I might know the year and could narrow it down to what country but song? Only Joe would know that I'm afraid.

The bonus question part was really my way of giving a little hint as to where one could find the answer.

This question may be a little too esoteric for this thread, so I may add a couple more hints before I modify the question to move the thread along.

Good one!  I'm gonna have to google some research for this one, I have no clue off the top of my head.  Magellan was his first '59 burst, as far as I know.  Which city and song... I'll see if anyone actually knows before looking it up.

Lee wrote:

First of all, I think I got the right answer to the following question, but I'm not 100% positive. Here goes:

We all know that Joe is the owner of a number of original '59 Gibson Les Paul "Bursts". My question is;

In what city did Joe first play one of his OWN (a guitar he owned at the time, not borrowed) original '59 "Bursts" on stage during one of his shows?

I'm not sure off the top of my head, but I have a necklace made from those first strings...thanks to Strings for a Cure!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I'm not sure that Joe could come up with it...... lol

jim m wrote:

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

15 (edited by Rocket 2015-07-02 14:16:57)

Lee wrote:

Somebody needs to at least guess...

Place:
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, March (date?) 2011?

Song:"So, It's Like That?"

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

Hm, he bought Magellan from Rumbleseat music, but they have Cali and Ithica, NY locations... and not sure which one he got it at.  I'm guessing Ithica.  No idea when he got it, though.  I'm going to guess:

March 26, Westbury, NY
Cradle Rock (the opener)

17 (edited by Rocket 2015-07-02 14:16:07)

ZeyerGTR wrote:

Hm, he bought Magellan from Rumbleseat music, but they have Cali and Ithica, NY locations... and not sure which one he got it at.  I'm guessing Ithica.  No idea when he got it, though.  I'm going to guess:

March 26, Westbury, NY
Cradle Rock (the opener)

You, like myself, (until I edited my response) did not specify the year we thought he first bought and used it. He bought it through Rumble Seat Music of Ithaca, New York.  He got it end of February or beginning of March, 2011, I believe.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

18 (edited by DougH 2015-07-03 19:38:36)

JB- "we're gonna play some blues for yuh, then we'll play something you really like"

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)