19 (edited by PSmith1946 2015-02-27 08:57:19)

Re: Munich, February 25 - a review by Bluemac

I too have a stinker of a chest infection and it is the pits and coughing is now painful. I know just teaching for the day was near impossible on Wednesday so singing and performing live must have been a bxxch. Get well soon. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Bluemac I'm done and so are you for now. Jim nuke the thread. All you had to do is quote Eric Steckel.

Seriously I must be on candid camera.  Cultural issues??  WTF dude?  I'm just a guitar player.

Joe B

Hey Joe
Some people have nothing better to do then complain and make a spectacule if themselves. I hope you feel better. Dude the cruise and your playing was awesome . Looking forward to next years Blues Cruise
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

22 (edited by Jlowther 2015-02-27 10:46:55)

I've seen so many of them before, I can guarantee bluemac is the just another run of the mill, below-average blues player who can barely bend a note let alone apply vibrato anywhere near as good as JB's.

You don't realise how much of an idiot you sound - "Yeah, me again" - so arrogant especially when talking to one of the best in the world.

Jlowther wrote:

I've seen so many of them before, I can guarantee bluemac is the just another run of the mill, below-average blues player who can barely bend a note let alone apply vibrato anywhere near as good as JB's.

You don't realise how much of an idiot you sound - "Yeah, me again" - so arrogant.

Ah, how I wish I was even as good as below average!

I'm sure there will be plenty of you who will breathe a sigh of relief when I tell  you that I am taking long-term leave of this forum. I know I'm often blunt, I know I'm outspoken, even insensitive sometimes, but I call things as I see them and, strange as it may seem, always with Joe's interests in mind - I genuinely want to him to be successful, which is why I provide feedback. He can ignore it, use it or laugh at it, but at least he has it and knows what some people are thinking. If all anybody ever says is 'Joe you are awesome', then he'll never have the full picture.

If I've offended Joe in any way, I apologise.

Good luck and bye!

Even fools say something worthwhile now and again

24 (edited by t92780 2015-02-27 11:03:27)

Husband and Wife both posting on a forum doesn't seem right, like kissing cousins, or the guy that has to bring his wife/GF out on "boys night out".....maybe I need some medication. Maybe hats off to Joe, a guitar player that has a woman fan on his forum, hopefully not to keeping tabs on her other half.  :-) nobody get upset :-)

I understand when an artist puts out an album or two that are a departure from what lured you/fan in initially, look at Mayer, which I believe was referenced in this thread, he drops a bomb on his fans with an Americana album.  So, when I was buying tix to his 2014 tour, I knew he would support/promote his latest albums/style and that some of my fav tunes wouldn't be played. If I didn't think this would happen, perhaps I need some medication.?. Anyway, I was ok with Mayer show, I think the fan/me benefited more, as I got to see artist excited to play his new/fresh tunes and to expand on them live to take them to new places. Artist and Fan Win.

If you want only what you deem as an artist best work or era of work, there's always DVD's to buy....stay home, or, go to Vegas, where there is plenty of duplicated greatest hits performed night after night.

If artist continues year after year, or album after album down another a path you don't like, you stop supporting artist live...like not going back to a restaurant that only serves food you don't like....you will replaced by another patron, a new patron.

Bluemac wrote:
Jlowther wrote:

You don't realise how much of an idiot you sound - "Yeah, me again" - so arrogant.

Ah, how I wish I was even as good as below average!

I'm sure there will be plenty of you who will breathe a sigh of relief when I tell  you that I am taking long-term leave of this forum. I know I'm often blunt, I know I'm outspoken, even insensitive sometimes, but I call things as I see them and, strange as it may seem, always with Joe's interests in mind - I genuinely want to him to be successful, which is why I provide feedback. He can ignore it, use it or laugh at it, but at least he has it and knows what some people are thinking. If all anybody ever says is 'Joe you are awesome', then he'll never have the full picture.

If I've offended Joe in any way, I apologise.

Good luck and bye!

Go and don't come back you arrogant talentless individual. You say you won't come back but like a bad cold you just won't go away. For once do as you say and stay away.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

The tag team of Bluemac and Gmac, If you would just write a review and let it rest the that would be one thing, but the relentless and pompous nature of your critical diatribes is really what puts it over the edge for me. It's statements like this: "... If Joe were to bear this in mind and maybe pander a little to the prevailing tastes of the Europeans during his tour, I don't imagine many people would complain" that get to me. As if you alone have been chosen to speak for the entire European continent. I totally understand that not everyone is going to be thrilled with Joe's performance every night and that each person has different tastes, but to come on here and act like you speak for an entire community of fans and act like you know what would be best for Joe's career is just shocking and uncalled for.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Bluemac I'm done and so are you for now. Jim nuke the thread. All you had to do is quote Eric Steckel.

Seriously I must be on candid camera.  Cultural issues??  WTF dude?  I'm just a guitar player.

Joe B

Your wish is my command however I think your interactions here are important to the forum community for good or bad. You have always paid attention to your fans and listened to the good and the bad feedback and that has never changed. You don't speak through a publicist nor do you worry about saying the wrong thing in rebuttal and I have grown to appreciate that more and more. I would in the past not hesitate to nuke a thread that got a response from you that clearly showed your irritation. The people here however know you and would never think you were being thin skinned by taking exception to an opinion of a fan. This thread will live on in the basement like many others that have worthy content but need no further discussion.