Re: Joe Bonamassa "Skinnerburst" Registry

Yes but he sold it to someone in Conn (guessing Connecticut) whereas R8 Lemonburst is in the UK

Rusty wrote:
David.247 wrote:

So (now leading up to what i'm trying to figure out) how is it you (R8 lemonburst ) have aged #018 and Cindyron has/had #018 aged and signed?

Ron was the original owner, he sold it recently.

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=27353

There is aged/signed #1 - #50, the number is hand written by JB himself. Then the remaining aged have #001 - #100 stamped. I own aged #018, cindyron's #18 was the signed version...

Hope this clears it up.

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

yes that's great makes sense now.

If you get chance of one, grab it, they're a cracking guitar...

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic

I had a play on a 2014 R9 lemonburst at World guitars in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, they had a skinnerburst  in there but it was sold and they were in the process of setting it up. I did however compare the tops together and they were both fantastic. The R9 played great too so i'd be happy with a lemon but ultimately a skinnerburst is on my list

I've not played a 2014 R9 but the 2013 ones are excellent. Wether it's just me but the Skinner has something extra about it... I love it smile

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

I've not played a 2014 R9 but the 2013 ones are excellent. Wether it's just me but the Skinner has something extra about it... I love it smile

Yes it sure does

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
airportdon wrote:
David.247 wrote:

Hi, new to this site and just recently discovered Joe. Really would like a Gibson again and am loving the Skinnerburst. But can some one explain if there's a difference between aged and aged and signed?

Hi Welcome to the group.........aged are hand-aged by Gibson employees to recreate an older guitar. Aged/Signed is the
same process but the Artist Signs the back of the headstock of the guitar before it is shipped out from the factory.
Usually Aged/Signed ones are less quantity....typically 25, 50 etc...Aged alone could be 100-200 etc etc.
They are both the same guitar.....you are paying more $$$ for less made & artist signature @ the Factory....

What aged/signed ones less quality? Your dead wrong the reverse is true. Not sur where you got your info from but that is completely wrong. Sorry if I come across as in your face but I had two aged/signed skinners serial 18 and serial 1. Sold number 18 obviously kept 001
Peace Ron

Hi Ron,
he said "less quantity", not quality...that is they made less Aged/Signed than Aged and VOS.

After that he said "less made", that is the same, a very limited number, compared to the normal Aged and VOS. This limited number and the artist signature made this guitar more expensive...and absolutely more desirable!!! smile

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

Stefan76 wrote:
cindyron wrote:
airportdon wrote:

Hi Welcome to the group.........aged are hand-aged by Gibson employees to recreate an older guitar. Aged/Signed is the
same process but the Artist Signs the back of the headstock of the guitar before it is shipped out from the factory.
Usually Aged/Signed ones are less quantity....typically 25, 50 etc...Aged alone could be 100-200 etc etc.
They are both the same guitar.....you are paying more $$$ for less made & artist signature @ the Factory....

What aged/signed ones less quality? Your dead wrong the reverse is true. Not sur where you got your info from but that is completely wrong. Sorry if I come across as in your face but I had two aged/signed skinners serial 18 and serial 1. Sold number 18 obviously kept 001
Peace Ron

Thanks for the correction I am such a jerk

Hi Ron,
he said "less quantity", not quality...that is they made less Aged/Signed than Aged and VOS.

After that he said "less made", that is the same, a very limited number, compared to the normal Aged and VOS. This limited number and the artist signature made this guitar more expensive...and absolutely more desirable!!! smile

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

with regards to the desirability i'd personaly prefer a Vos to an aged (although i like the fact Joe signed them) i don't like the headstock so trashed and would prefer to age it myself through use

Put me down for Aged #042,  Minnesota, USA!!!

Hi, #39 aged / signed. Sold in Holland and is now living with me in Germany... Greetz Henk

Greetz
Henk

henk-noordhoek wrote:

Hi, #39 aged / signed. Sold in Holland and is now living with me in Germany... Greetz Henk

Congrats

104 (edited by timb 2015-09-06 10:19:48)

In case anyone has been looking for one, aged 013 is at Wildwood as preowned.

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products … 8&n=18

US$8300

timb wrote:

In case anyone has been looking for one, aged 013 is at Wildwood as preowned.

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products … 8&n=18

US$8300

Used they are going up. A good collectors piece love my skinner

I fitted a set of Seymour Duncan Skinnerburst pickups to mine recently. The difference between these and the Gibson pickups is subtle but have noticed the mid position with both pickups gives a very pronounced honk.
Neck vol. 7.5, tone 10 & Bridge vol. 6.5, tone 7.5... Very pleasing.

107 (edited by LesPaul4 2016-08-31 14:34:46)

Hey fellow LP lovers,

Do you think this is a legitimate sale here?  Price is kind of low....If real, I'm very interested..but not the first time this guitar has been listed on reverb.com and using much of the same pics as prior owner???

https://reverb.com/item/1928573-gibson- … irty-lemon

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

I would want to see the serial number before even considering a purchase

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP