Topic: Street Team Question

Ok, sorry as this must seem like a dumb question to all of you, But what exactly is the street team??

Re: Street Team Question

The street team is an extremely dedicated group of Joe's fans who voluntarily help to promote his tours through the distribution of promotional flyers, posters, artwork, etc.. both physically and digitally. They are the people who I, as Joe's street team director, have grown to trust, respect and count on when the word of Joe needs to be spread! In return they are given first access to tickets, merchandise and the possibility to attend meet and greets.

-Street Team Eric

3 (edited by Jane H. 2014-03-26 17:23:13)

edited to add: Eric posted while i was writing my reply. Of course his the correct answer but i hope mine below kind of helps in a general way:)

Not dumb at all. In fact it is exactly the sort of thing I have asked of various Street Team Leaders over the past few years to attempt to make clear here, in a place that can be referenced by those many wondering.

I am just rambling here and it is merely my opinion and experience so not saying I know the answer, but this is how I have seen it.

Street Team is a term used by many bands. Mostly those just starting or without a dedicated PR program etc. Its a way for fans who want to help the artist and other music lovers who might dig the music, to find out about each other. the way it is so hard to break into radio and even get attention on the internet makes this sort of grass roots information sharing quite valuable.

i have alwasy wanted to help make sure Joe can make it enough to keep putting out the music I love but also to help people i know who i think lives would be enhanced by discovering Joe's music. of course we also have a family like comraderie(sp?) here which is a perk but the reason.

Sometimes there are tangible perks given to a member of a street team, such as merch or tickets or meet and greets. Joe's street team has changed over the years and alot of perks are not that possible. There are specific things they ask for help with (for those willing!) such as passing out flyers or postcards at show to tell about new releases or other tour dates, or flyers to put up in a market region they are trying to break into to help bring awareness about shows for ticket sales. Sometimes a street team - not being specific about Joe's here necessarily  - will gain from ideas of its members on new ways to approach potential fans with the news of the artist etc.

Oh and sharing stuff via facebook and twitter and other social media is a huge thing that helps too, if that is your thing. it is very appreciated by Joe's team.

My experience with Joe's street team has been varied and its changed throughout the past 11 years of Joe's success and the various leaders. I personally don't like to act as a representative of Joe's, just a fan, and only in the official sense when they need me.

but on a day to day basis i still feel a member of the team or feeling I am teaming just when i turn on a friend to the music.

with Joe's success they don't need alot from us anymore but appreciate help offered. They do give out meet and greets when possible but they are limited and also more limited due to the PBS meet and greets. So if that is a goal, you should sign up - see one of the sticky thread by Eric, the leader, at the top of this section. They are extra busy when Joe is on tour so do not expect a reply but i don't think it hurts to check in from time to time. For the past few years they have only ever needed me when Joe has a show in the area and most of those have been sold out before the flyers / postcards were printed. you can make your won as long as it is respectful and not attempting to represent him. I like to keep cards that at least spell Joe's name correctly on hand for when a conversation allows one to bring him up.

I hope this helps. I am just speaking on my own. in the past i think some fans have been slightly mislead by others. Not intentionally harmful but I know it can be devastating to think one can secure a meet and greet when it is not always possible. The office does try to make sure everyone gets a shot though even if you have to have to wait a couple years (if Joe still will do meet and greets)

anyway maybe reading some of the old threads in this section might also help. Its not a distinctly defined thing for any artist and not even for Joe from year to year. Obviously though you have an interest and that is the most important thing! smile
in my opinion smile

I was on Joe's street team a while back and was wondering how I get back on it?  Work took over my life but I was there when he first started, right from The Beachland. Ballroom in Cleveland days.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Sookie wrote:

I was on Joe's street team a while back and was wondering how I get back on it?  Work took over my life but I was there when he first started, right from The Beachland. Ballroom in Cleveland days.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Contact Street Team Eric as per the sticky and volunteer for a show in your town.
Easy as that.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

In return they are given first access.postcards at show to tell about new release. They are extra busy when Joe is on tour so do not expect a reply.