253 (edited by Jane H. 2014-09-12 19:34:52)

Re: Bonamaglossary

Bonamarticulation - the action of putting into words an idea or feeling that can only be understood by another Joe fan and that often goes beyond the ability of the language in which it is spoken.

She doesn't make sense all the time but when she bonamarticulates I know just what she means.
ok thats a stretch

how about Joemmunication
hmm tongue

We don't need to talk to discuss the music, we Joemmunicate through facial expression, dancing, and air guitaring, when we are Joeing Out

As requested ..

BonaMaritimer - Those JB fans residing in any one of three Maritime Provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and or Prince Edward Island) on the Atlantic coast of Canaduh.

On Saturday, May 30th, 852 enthusiastic BonaMaritimers were treated to a 40 minute encore extra from blues great Joe Bonamassa at the Imperial Theatre in Saint John, New Brunswick.

Would love to finish that review .. lol <hint hint>  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

I wanna help you write that one Buzzy!

To continue with a theme from months ago...place names.

I used to live in Moncton, New Brunswick.  It will now affectionately be referred to as Bonamoncton, Joe Brunswick.

Buzzy, if you don't mind, you just moved from Saint John, New Brunswick to Saint Joe, New Bonamassa.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Nice game!

if i can suggest...

September 23th 2014, release day Joe's new Album, Bonachristmas or Bonaxmas : "A great day of joy for any Joe's fan. Unfortunately It does not come every year, but when the time comes, meet up with your special ones, be happy, have fun and rock your world" ...you can also have a Rock Candy Funk Party if you want! smile

What do you think?

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

257 (edited by Jane H. 2014-09-15 08:12:16)

There is no right or wrong (until Joe or family tells us its gone too far) but since we have the "m-a-s", I kind of like Christmassa as an alternate
smile

258 (edited by Jane H. 2014-09-22 02:39:05)

Joenesing - (pronounce Jonesing) - to have a strong need, desire, or craving for the next Joe show or studio release. Like an addict waiting on their next fix. No scratch that, an addict waiting for their next fix.

She is Joenesing so bad for her next Joe show she can't keep herself off of youtube for a taste to pacify her unrest.

259 (edited by Jane H. 2015-06-30 11:17:13)

Joellection - A Bonamassa fan's collection of Joe music and/or collectible merchandise.
edited to update - it could be Joe's own Joellection of vintage guitar gear

Joelection - A political election where Joe runs for office.

He has more important work on this Earth but if he was running, I'd vote for him in the Joelection.

260 (edited by Jane H. 2014-10-08 01:08:32)

Jane H. wrote:

the 12 Stefs program is tweaked
1.Sloe Gin
2.Get Off Your Back
3.Burning Hell
4.Pain and Sorrow-live'03
5.The Ballad of John Henry - i don't want your cold iron shackles round MY leg!!!!!
6. Pain and Sorrow - live'04
7.Pain and Sorrow-studio
8.I Know Where I Belong (ANDY Live)
9.My Mistake
10. Pain and Sorrow-live'05
11. Bridge to Better Days
12. Pain and Sorrow  LIVES 2012

the 12 Stefs program is tweaked
1.  gonna
2.       Hip
3.           this
4.              program
5.                    to
6.                      the
7.                        next
8.                          level
9.                             or
10.                             chapter
11.  Different Shades of Blue
12. LOVE AIN'T a LOVE SONG
(note, while this is a new favorite in many ways, it doesn't mean I feel less about Pain and Sorrow or other proclaimed faves wink )

261 (edited by Jane H. 2015-06-30 11:22:16)

Bona-seum (alt Bonamuseum) - Joe's house where he keeps his awesome Joellection of vintage and other precious guitar gear.

From Joe's facebook post today - Joe Bonamassa

Super clean 1959 Bassman I just picked up for the Bona-seum this morning.
https://www.facebook.com/JoeBonamassa/p … mp;theater

I have a thing against simply using Bona- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but since it was Joe's own i have to let it slide. I prefer the Bonamuseum but that's just me, a Bonomenclature purist.....

Bonamassateague Island - a 37-mile (60 km) long barrier island located off the eastern coast of Delmarva. The northern two-thirds of the island is in Maryland while the southern third is in Virginia. It is a known place of refuge for wildlife, including many Bonamassa fans. A place to find peace and quiet but also to share the music of Joe to other island go-ers. When Joe is touring in the area or the time is right, the JBWing prefers to rest its tired feathers on this island. Seagulls fly into the misty morning sun daily.

Jane H. wrote:

Bonamassateague Island - a 37-mile (60 km) long barrier island located off the eastern coast of Delmarva. The northern two-thirds of the island is in Maryland while the southern third is in Virginia. It is a known place of refuge for wildlife, including many Bonamassa fans. A place to find peace and quiet but also to share the music of Joe to other island go-ers. When Joe is touring in the area or the time is right, the JBWing prefers to rest its tired feathers on this island. Seagulls fly into the misty morning sun daily.

All the years I have been going there I never thought of this one.  It is a special place, and Joe's music does it justice.  Looking forward to my next trip there in September.  The JBWing is not the only one who goes there to rest its tired wings.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

264 (edited by Jane H. 2016-02-02 17:32:33)

well Joe is certainly using Bona-seum often on his instagram etc.
like I said its ok because its Joe but its driving me nuts. I prefer Bonamuseum or even Bonamasseum....mumble

Jane H. wrote:

Bona-seum (alt Bonamuseum) - Joe's house where he keeps his awesome Joellection of vintage and other precious guitar gear.

From Joe's facebook post today - Joe Bonamassa

Super clean 1959 Bassman I just picked up for the Bona-seum this morning.
https://www.facebook.com/JoeBonamassa/p … mp;theater

I have a thing against simply using Bona- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but since it was Joe's own i have to let it slide. I prefer the Bonamuseum but that's just me, a Bonomenclature purist.....

huh i for sure thought I had Bonamore in here but can't find it so

Bonamore there should be an accent or something over the e to make it bona-more-ay...like amore = love. Bonamore is love of Bonamassa or being in love with another Bonamassa fan. any Bonamassa related love, that's Bonamore!

Chains and Things of Bonamore - this is a combination of Chains and Things and the idea of a chain of love. The Chains and Things of Bonamore keep us tied to this Bonaphenomenon and to each other. We shall never break the chains and things of Bonamore, pass it on, don't let go, and never forget, you are hooked to it like a ball and chain....no escape!!!!!

BonaMaestro Joe is the Maestro - specifically January 21 and 22, 2016 at Carnegie Hall
thanks to 'lifestillabeach" on instagram who commented the term on Joe's post with a picture of his Carnegie hall dressing room door
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA1Dv4AyN_v … ebonamassa

I think the time has come for Websters to publish the official  Bonadictionary

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I think someone at Amazon UK has been reading this thread as the page for Blues of Desperation has the following narrative under the Deluxe Silver Edition photo:

"64 page hardcover digibook with extended artwork, inc. Joe's vintage guitar collection, The Bona-seum".

A bit cringeworthy but at least they're trying. hmm

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Jane H. wrote:

this is something that was started back on March 11, 2004 on the fansite. Since Joe's forum now allows bring thread to the top, I've moved it here. I didn't copy every post however.
There's been some terms that folks have come up with since, please add them if you have them.
some of the previous entries lose a little meaning without the 'smilies' from the other site...
anyway

Mar 11, 04 - 6:33 PM
Bonamaglossary

hope John G. whom I believe is the one who coined the term Bonabaptism finds his way here

Bona(anything)-means its ALL good

Bonabaptism - Your first Bonamassa show, or any show if you sin alot and need to be born again

Johio - that dang blasted state that gets way too much Joe time, unless you live there and then its not enough

Joe-maha Bonabraska - where Garth and MattR live.

the Wing - if you are here, you are under it

Bonamalessons - what you learn at a show or a '03-'04 Blues in the Schools presentation

Bonaddicted - what you sick fans reading this are!!!

hey fix these and/or add your own or one you heard somewhere

Peace,
Joe's most Bonafflicted fan

Now Jane...    johio....     Is a wonderful thing.....sure hope he is back here this fall  smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp