Re: Joanne Shaw Taylor

retlawv wrote:

Lookin' forward to her gig at Mol Belgium at februari 2014

Me too ... I'm looking forward to see Ian Siegal in Mol 15 February 2014 lol
That I have to see Joanne too - I think I can live with that wink

http://www.m-g-b.be/agenda.html

The European tour of Joanne seemed to be cancelled.:(
No gigs in Belgium. I was so happy to see Joanne Finally again.

40 (edited by Kenny 2014-01-20 15:02:57)

11 July - The Stables, Milton Keynes (same date as Pearl Jam)
12 July - Holmfirth Blues Festival (same date as Neil Young)

Let's hope there will be more that don't clash smile

41 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-04-04 08:27:47)

Handful of fret-flexing UK dates for Joanne this summer:-

12 Jun Southampton; Brook

13 Jun Reading; Sub89 & Bowery District

3 Jul Leamington Spa; The Assembly

5 Jul Nottingham; Rescue Rooms   

6 Jul Newcastle; The Cluny 

11 Jul Milton Keynes; The Stables

12 Jul Holmfirth; Picturedrome

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

42 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-06-05 03:06:22)

Big news from Joanne's camp;

Firstly, a big tour in November; supported by Bernie Marsden:-

Nov 01 Sat - Norwich: Epic TV Studios (NR3 1JD) 
Nov 02 Sun  Sheffield: Sheffield City Hall & Memorial Hall (S1 2JA) 
Nov 03 Mon   Leeds: The Wardrobe (LS9 8AH) 
Nov 04 Tue    Manchester: Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM) (M13 9RD) 
Nov 06 Thu    Aberdeen: The Lemon Tree (AB24 5AT) 
Nov 07 Fri    Glasgow: The Arches (G2 8DL) 
Nov 08 Sat    Stockton-on-Tees: ARC (Stockton Arts Centre) (TS18 1LL)
Nov 12 Wed    Exeter: Exeter Corn Exchange (EX1 1BW) 
Nov 13 Thu    Falmouth: Princess Pavilion and Gyllyngdune Gardens (TR11 4AR) 
Nov 14 Fri    Salisbury: Salisbury City Hall (SP2 7TU)
Nov 15 Sat    Birmingham: Birmingham Town Hall (B3 3DQ) 
Nov 18 Tue   Cardiff: The Globe (CF24 3NS) 
Nov 19 Wed    London: O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (W12 8TT) 
Nov 20 Thu    Bury St Edmunds: The Apex (IP33 3FD) 

If that's not enough - Joanne is currently working in Memphis on her new album The Dirty Truth, for her own label; which is available to pre-order; signed, from her website, ahead of September release

43 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-07-07 03:37:20)

Newcastle 6/7/14

A slightly huskier than usual Joanne Shaw Taylor blazed away at The Cluny last night, ending what looked like a day of festivities down in Ouseburn.

Despite a niggling throat infection, Joanne & the band took to the stage and took the heat from Federal Charm’s set and added her own brand of blues intensity. Great seeing Joanne again, back behind the scratch-plate of a Telecaster and in typical blazing form, she showed it no mercy, especially on the appropriately titled Watch ‘Em Burn. Throat issues probably gave Joanne’s cover of Jealousy some extra “Frankie Miller”, but by that part of the set, Joanne’s fingers were doin’ the talkin’ for her. The voice did just manage to hold out to the set closer, Going Home, but this being The Cluny, an encore was required so Joanne & the band obliged with a powerful instrumental Let It Burn.

May just have been a “Sunday night” thing, but thought numbers were down to what I thought - last time I saw Joanne in Newcastle it was a “rib-rearranger” but this was a comfortable 100 or so; whatever happened to the others, well they missed a powerful and classy set.

European Tour dates for Joanne: Summer into Autumn:-

17.07.2014  FRANCE  CAHORS  Blues Festival 2014

19.07.2014 BELGIUM PEER Blues Festival 2014

25.07.2014 SPAIN RIBADEO Jazz & Blues Festival 2014

12.08.2014 FRANCE ORANGE Festival Theatre Antique d'Orange

17.08.2014 BELGIUM WESPELAAR Swing Festival 2014 

01.10.2014  FRA  BARTHEIM La Caf Conc des 3 Frontieres

02.10.2014  FRA  PARIS New Morning

04.10.2014  NL  AMSTERDAM North Sea Club

05.10.2014  BEL  OSTEND Zaal De Zwerver

06.10.2014  BEL  VERVIER Spirit of 66

08.10.2014  NL  LEIDEN Q-Bus

09.10.2014  BEL ANTWERP Roma

10.10.2014  NL  BREDA Mezz

BansheeUK wrote:

Newcastle 6/7/14

A slightly huskier than usual Joanne Shaw Taylor blazed away at The Cluny last night, ending what looked like a day of festivities down in Ouseburn.

Despite a niggling throat infection, Joanne & the band took to the stage and took the heat from Federal Charm’s set and added her own brand of blues intensity. Great seeing Joanne again, back behind the scratch-plate of a Telecaster and in typical blazing form, she showed it no mercy, especially on the appropriately titled Watch ‘Em Burn. Throat issues probably gave Joanne’s cover of Jealousy some extra “Frankie Miller”, but by that part of the set, Joanne’s fingers were doin’ the talkin’ for her. The voice did just manage to hold out to the set closer, Going Home, but this being The Cluny, an encore was required so Joanne & the band obliged with a powerful instrumental Let It Burn.

May just have been a “Sunday night” thing, but thought numbers were down to what I thought - last time I saw Joanne in Newcastle it was a “rib-rearranger” but this was a comfortable 100 or so; whatever happened to the others, well they missed a powerful and classy set.

Yeah the size of the crowd surprised me Mike but a stellar show nonetheless, did you forget your baseball cap? The only one I saw was a guy in a Newcastle shirt who looked a bit like Brian Johnson.

Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Newcastle 6/7/14

Yeah the size of the crowd surprised me Mike but a stellar show nonetheless, did you forget your baseball cap? The only one I saw was a guy in a Newcastle shirt who looked a bit like Brian Johnson.

Had a rush to get away on Friday night (busy week-end), not only forgot my cap, but my signing pens and JST CD for signing. I was side of room by red doors, denim jacket & t-shirt with legend "Keep Calm & Rock On!" Almost got caught out by early start.

And not one youngster in the audience..............

Kenny wrote:

And not one youngster in the audience..............

Maybe next time round - Joanne is playing Gateshead Sage (Hall 2) in October as part of Guitar festival.

Lucky me. Going to see her four times in Belgium this year. Peer, Swing Wespelaar, Spirit of 66 Verviers and The Roma at Antwerp

Its unfortunate that Joanne's new album was released on the same day as Joe in the UK as it seems to have been bypassed. It is an excellent album produced by Jim Gaines and I would urge forum members to buy a copy. Here is a review :

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/187379/9

I have my copy, digital not physical unfortunately. 

Don't ya just love a first listen?  You can never do that again!  I went in with no preconceived notions mainly because of very little knowledge of JST.  I have come away from that first listen a fan.  Simple.  Her voice was the first eye opener, that grit, raspy edge she has with a stadium full of emotion behind it.  I was quite anxious to hear "Wrecking Ball", please please get that other version out of my head!  Love'd the funky nature of it, as I see Stereo Board did too.

Really looking forward to seeing her live.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

http://www.rootstime.be/LIVE/OKT2014/JO … PIRIT.html

My review, pictures and movies from Joanne's gig at The spirit Of 66 at Verviers Belgium

This should interest you Walter; some dates for Joanne in France & Netherlands:_

26/04 FR - PAGNEY-DERRIERE-BARINE CHEZ PAULETTE
27/04 FR - PARIS THE NEW MORNING
29/04 FR - MONTPELLIER LE JAM
30/04 FR - AUDINCOURT LE MOLOCO
01/05 NL - OSPEL MOULIN BLUES
02/05 NL - GRONINGEN BLUES FESTIVAL

Went to see Joanne last night at the Rams Head in Annapolis. Great show, but there was no video recording allowed. Not sure if this is Joanne's rule or Rams Head's rule. Snuck in a few operating in stealth mode before the video police put the kibosh on me. They even came up to The General (Bob) and told him to limit his photographs and he wasn't even using a flash. Frustrating. Lighting is pretty bad there also, makes people look purple, so filmed a few in sepia.

Diamonds In The Dust http://youtu.be/_EYwH6QFVwo

Just Another Word http://youtu.be/aWhyFJY2PSE

Watch 'Em Burn http://youtu.be/QcrnWo04eP0 unfortunately end cuts right in the middle of her solo because they noticed I was recording.

Jump That Train http://youtu.be/ol1iK0xnNpw