14.02. D-Dortmund, Blue Notez Club
15.02. D-Rheinberg, Schwarzer Adler
16.02. NL-Amersfoort, Café De Noot
19.02. D-Wetzlar, Franzis
20.02. D-Bensheim, Musiktheater Rex
21.02. D-Gaildorf, Kulturschmiede
22.02. D-Haiming, Gewölbe
23.02. NL-Groningen, Café Koster

Inspired by the Blues, infused with a hard hitting, "in-yer-face" rock approach and topped-off by virtuoso musicianship, Ben Poole is being talked of as "the" new up-and-coming UK Blues guitarist, one of the finest to have emerged in Europe for years. Having already played with and received critical acclaim from some of his heroes such as legendary blues artists Jeff Beck, Gary Moore and John Mayall at just 26 years of age it appears that there is no stopping this young and incredibly gifted musician. His latest recordings make it blatantly clear that Ben is destined for a great future on the European Blues/Rock scene...

The past few years has seen Ben Poole’s profile raise far beyond expectation, his name cropping up regularly in Europe’s biggest selling guitar magazine “Total Guitar” who named Ben as “the guitarist to watch out for”.

Ben was awarded at the British Blues Awards in 2011 and 2013 in the category “best guitar player”, and represented the UK at the 2012 “European Blues Challenge” in Berlin where he came third out of 19 competitors.

Following on from the success of his EP “Everything I want”, Ben released his debut album “Let’s go upstairs” in the beginning of this year, which is produced by Grammy Award winning producer Isaac Nossel. The new CD marks a move towards Ben Poole being known not just as a superb guitarist but also as a great singer and songwriter and this is what producer Isaac has really brought out in him. On the album seven of the songs are Ben Poole originals, two are co-writes with producer Isaac and three are covers including the Otis Redding/Steve Cropper song Mr. Pitiful.

In the past years Ben played regularly across the UK and at some of the biggest festivals in Europe including two appearances at the legendary Glastonbury Festival. He was also to be seen blowing away classic rock fans at Rhodes Rock Festival in Greece and wowing the crowds at well-known Sierre Blues Festival and the legendary Blue Balls Festival in Switzerland. In October 2013, a dream comes true for Ben as he is confirmed to play the very famous “Royal Albert Hall” during this year’s edition of the “Blues Fest” in London. Besides that Ben will be touring Europe this year with festivals and clubshows booked in Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Greece, Czech Republic and the UK.
This young talent is definitely not to be missed!

“F***ing amazing! I love his playing… I really love his playing!” - Jeff Beck

“A really great player!” - Gary Moore

“Unbelievable! It’s very refreshing to hear someone in today’s time who reminds me of the guys who inspired me when I was young. He’ll be a household name someday for sure.” - Richie Kotzen

“This is a young man to look out for as he is no doubt a rising talent and should be supported when he comes to a local venue.” - Blues Matters Magazine

Websites:
www.benpooleband.com
www.facebook.com/benpooleofficial?fref=ts
www.florencemilleragency.com

Blues 2 die 4!

Re: BEN POOLE (UK)

Yes Great news. On the last moment there's a new gig at Sittard. The other gigs were more than 200 km from my home. See you at Mustang Sally Ben.

UK and Spain dates for Ben:-

07 Mar 2014   UK-GREAT YARMOUTH  ‘LEGENDS OF ROCK FESTIVAL’  (7pm)
14 Mar 2014   UK-SUTTON-IN-ASHFIELD  THE DIAMOND
15 Mar 2014   UK-BARNSLEY  THE POLISH CLUB
21 Mar 2014   UK-BLAKENEY  THE HARBOUR ROOM
27 Mar 2014   UK-LONDON  THE HALF MOON
28 Mar 2014   UK-BEDFORD  ESQUIRES
29 Mar 2014   UK-CHESTER  TELFORDS WAREHOUSE
31 Mar 2014   UK-OXFORD  HAVEN CLUB
02 Apr 2014   UK-BRIGHTON  LATEST MUSIC BAR
03 Apr 2014   UK-SOUTHSEA  BULLFROG BLUES CLUB AT THE N.B.E.C.S.A. CLUB (a.k.a. The Dockyard Club)
04 Apr 2014   UK-BILLERICAY  THE NEW CRAWDADDY CLUB
05 Apr 2014   UK-BASINGSTOKE  BASINGSTOKE BLUES CLUB @ THE MOOSE CENTRE

Tour: SPAIN/España TOUR
08 Apr 2014   ESP-ZARAGOZA  EXPLOSIVE CLUB
09 Apr 2014   ESP-CORDOBA  SALA RECYCLE
10 Apr 2014   ESP-BILBAO  CRAZY HORSE
11 Apr 2014   ESP-OURENSE  SALA BERLIN
12 Apr 2014   ESP-MADRID  CADILLAC SOLITARIO
13 Apr 2014   ESP-MONZÓN  SALA SERJOS CLUB

18 Apr 2014   UK-BARROW-IN-FURNESS  BARROW RHYTHM ‘N’ BLUES CLUB
19 Apr 2014   UK-REDCAR  REDCAR BLUES CLUB
20 Apr 2014   UK-HARROGATE  THE BLUES CAFE BAR
01 May 2014   UK-FARNHAM  THE MALTINGS (BLUES CELLAR) 
02 May 2014   UK-SEDGEFIELD  SEDGEFIELD ROCK ‘N’ BLUES CLUB
01 Jun 2014   UK-MILTON KEYNES  THE STABLES. Double Header with Cherry Lee Mewis

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

UK and Spain dates for Ben:-

07 Mar 2014   UK-GREAT YARMOUTH  ‘LEGENDS OF ROCK FESTIVAL’  (7pm)
14 Mar 2014   UK-SUTTON-IN-ASHFIELD  THE DIAMOND
15 Mar 2014   UK-BARNSLEY  THE POLISH CLUB
21 Mar 2014   UK-BLAKENEY  THE HARBOUR ROOM
27 Mar 2014   UK-LONDON  THE HALF MOON
28 Mar 2014   UK-BEDFORD  ESQUIRES
29 Mar 2014   UK-CHESTER  TELFORDS WAREHOUSE
31 Mar 2014   UK-OXFORD  HAVEN CLUB
02 Apr 2014   UK-BRIGHTON  LATEST MUSIC BAR
03 Apr 2014   UK-SOUTHSEA  BULLFROG BLUES CLUB AT THE N.B.E.C.S.A. CLUB (a.k.a. The Dockyard Club)
04 Apr 2014   UK-BILLERICAY  THE NEW CRAWDADDY CLUB
05 Apr 2014   UK-BASINGSTOKE  BASINGSTOKE BLUES CLUB @ THE MOOSE CENTRE

Tour: SPAIN/España TOUR
08 Apr 2014   ESP-ZARAGOZA  EXPLOSIVE CLUB
09 Apr 2014   ESP-CORDOBA  SALA RECYCLE
10 Apr 2014   ESP-BILBAO  CRAZY HORSE
11 Apr 2014   ESP-OURENSE  SALA BERLIN
12 Apr 2014   ESP-MADRID  CADILLAC SOLITARIO
13 Apr 2014   ESP-MONZÓN  SALA SERJOS CLUB

18 Apr 2014   UK-BARROW-IN-FURNESS  BARROW RHYTHM ‘N’ BLUES CLUB
19 Apr 2014   UK-REDCAR  REDCAR BLUES CLUB
20 Apr 2014   UK-HARROGATE  THE BLUES CAFE BAR
01 May 2014   UK-FARNHAM  THE MALTINGS (BLUES CELLAR) 
02 May 2014   UK-SEDGEFIELD  SEDGEFIELD ROCK ‘N’ BLUES CLUB
01 Jun 2014   UK-MILTON KEYNES  THE STABLES. Double Header with Cherry Lee Mewis

23rd March 2014 Green Hotel, Kinross, Scotland

Tourstart of BEN POOLE & BAND will take place today in 2 weeks in Hamburg @ the Downtown Bluesclub!
See you all soon!

Blues 2 die 4!

Word is, Ben's gig at Sedgefield Blues Club (2nd May) is already SOLD OUT . Ben being the 3rd act to do that at this venue this year; and remarkable in the light of the number of big-hitters playing these parts that week-end.

However, if you were fancying a look along, get in touch with Sedgefield Blues Club as between now and then, there may be some ticket returns to be snapped up.

7 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-05-06 03:57:53)

Ben Poole - Sedgefield R’n’B Club 2/5/14.

Well, maybe it’s a sign of Global warming, but Friday night gave a rare sighting of possibly the S.east’s best kept secret up in these parts - Ben Poole & his band. What a treat it was.

The opening was low-key, very much Ben feeling out his new audience, and the audience taking in this handsome, blond stranger, only spoken of in awed whispers. After a couple of well delivered and equally well received numbers, with a voice eerily reminiscent of Jonny Lang,  Ben started to relax and really open up with a rocked-up take on an old Temptations number. Okay, this wasn’t Blues as we know it, it was some of the best Soul I’ve heard since the big Soul movement of the 1980s. However, Ben’s one of those rare players who is equally adept in 2 camps, and after a couple more numbers, the shirt was off and Ben the rocker strode the stage and long standing set favourite Hey Joe had jaws dropping all round the room - an occurrence repeated several times before the end of the night.

Not only was Ben having the time of his life, he was bringing the band along too, several great “duals” with the keyboards, brilliantly handled by Sam Mason and exchanging run runs with Craig Bacon on drums and charging riffs with Pepe Le Moco on bass. By the end of the night, the music getting more and more intense, Ben certainly made good on his early promise; “I’m Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down” to which Sedgefield’s reply was “Play On, Play On”.

Sedgefield may be a relatively “new player” in the Blues club scene, but has already made a name for itself for quality gigs, and make no bones about it, this gig was up there with the very best. It’ll be a night long talked about in Durham.

It's not very often Ben makes it this far north, indeed this was his debut in Newcastle, but a show I booked tickets for even as the last notes of his gig at Sedgefield were fading.

As per the Sedgefield show, ben came on, feeling out his audience while all the time winding things up until he hit his stride, the shirt was off and Ben lead his band into tearing down the walls of the Cluny. ben is possessed of one of the very best soul voices I've heard in a long, long time and his guitar work is just off the scale; he his so hard to define in any one genre. Backing up as ever, Pepe on bass and keyboard whiz Sam Mason, who with Ben makes a tream as tight as Matt Schofield and Johnny Henderson; Sam Wade on drums drove things along for the best part of 100 minutes before shaking the foundations with a thunderous solo.

For his first ever time in Newcastle, Ben laid it down with some style; it was only a shame he didn't get the turn out he surely deserves; but those 30 or so who did turn out I bet they'll be back, with friends. This young guy is the real deal. I'm booking my ticket for ben's next appearance in Newcastle, at the Blues Club in in Forest Hall next May, but already looking forward to seeing him with Matt Schofield in November.

I'm loving Ben's new live album - I've never seen him play, but very much hoping he'll be heading southern Germany-wards next year.

GMac wrote:

I'm loving Ben's new live album - I've never seen him play, but very much hoping he'll be heading southern Germany-wards next year.

I agree, my copy of the live album was straight into the car's player as I was leaving Ben's Newcastle show. For anyone who's not yet seen or heard Ben in action, its a great place to start, but he's got a load more tricks up his sleeve. His take on Hey Joe, missing on this live album is nothing short of epic.

I know he tours Europe quite a bit, but if you want to see him in your part of Germany, I'd suggest you drop the originator of this thread, Pinkflo a PM with some possible venues, she seems to handle Ben through Europe.

Thanks Banshee, will do

Stockton ARC 15/11/14
3rd time in a year, catching Ben playing - this time as opener on tour with Matt Schofield. Very much shortened set, no Ever Loved a Woman or Hey Joe, but Ben packed the time he had with his usual powerful performance, keeping it mainly self-penned aside from the stomping Mr Pitiful. Biggest difference though was absence of Sam Mason’s keyboards: for this tour Ben is touring as trio with a backline of Sam Wade on drums and Pepe on bass who really tightened this up to allow Ben to still let rip with his telecasters and he really soared on his Gary Moore tribute Time Might Never Come.

Spring European Tour for Ben:-

20 Feb 2015   D-RHEINBERG  SCHWARZER ADLER
21 Feb 2015   D-DORTMUND  BLUE NOTEZ CLUB
22 Feb 2015   NL-AMERSFOORT  CAFE DE NOOT
25 Feb 2015   D-HAMBURG  DOWNTOWN BLUESCLUB 
26 Feb 2015   D-WETZLAR  FRANZIS
27 Feb 2015   L-LUXEMBOURG  BRASSERIE
28 Feb 2015   CH-FEUERTHALEN  DOLDER 2
03 Mar 2015   A-FRAUENTAL  BLUEGARAGE
05 Mar 2015   CZ-OLOMOUC  BOUNTY ROCK CAFÉ
06 Mar 2015   CZ-JABLONEC  NA RAMPE CLUB
07 Mar 2015   D-GREIFSWALD  SÒTANO
08 Mar 2015   NL-GRONINGEN  CAFE KOSTER

No southern Germany dates unfortunately, but making a weekend trip to Switzerland to see Ben on the 28th. Looking forward to it, haven't seen him live before.

GMac wrote:

No southern Germany dates unfortunately, but making a weekend trip to Switzerland to see Ben on the 28th. Looking forward to it, haven't seen him live before.

You are in for a real treat. It took me a few years to catch him and he's as good if not better than that people say. Fearless on stage, really down-to-earth guy off. AND - he looks a lot better in a vest than I do!  Enjoy your trip.

No Belgium or South of The Netherlands gig sad

Really hope that I don't miss him again this year in Hamburg in four weeks!!!!

18 (edited by BansheeUK 2016-01-20 06:37:07)

Ben Poole's new album; Time Has Come is due out April 1st; they're just doing the finishing touches. He's on tour from February thru May; double-heading with label mate Stevie Nimmo on most UK dates and just his own band on the following Europe dates:-

18.02 DE-Oberhausen, Zentrum Altenberg
19.02 DE-Twist, Heimathaus
20.02 DE-Hannover, Blues Garage
21.02 NL-Amersfoort, Café de Noot
24.02 DE-Wetzlar, Franzis
25.02 NL-Goes, T’Beest
26.02 DE-Köln, Yard Club
27.02 DE-Hamburg, Downtown Bluesclub
28.02 DE-Torgau, Kulturbastion
04.03 CH-Frauenfeld, Bluesfestival
05.03 CH-Rubigen, Mühle Hunziken
07.03 CH-Solothurn, Blue Monday
08.03 CH-Pratteln, Mini Z7
09.03 LU-Luxemburg, Brasserie
10.03 DE-Zülpich, Live Proberaum
11.03 DE-Joldelund, Guitar Heroes Festival
12.03 NL-Helmond, Cacaofabrik

01.04 DE-Kirchheim u. Teck, Club Bastion
02.04 DE-Roth, Rother Bluestage
03.04 A-Wien, Vienna Blues Spring
08.04 F-Puget Sur Argens, Le Rat's
09.04 F-Le Thor, Le Sonograf
14.04 F-Beaumont en Véron, Le Temps des Crises
15.04 F-Roanne, Satellit Cafe
16.04 L-Differdange, Aalt Stadhaus
22.04 F-Saint Saulve, MJC Athena
23.04 F-Le Havre, Magic Mirrors

Dates for 2016 - ignore 2014 on thread title......