Topic: Hey, names Sampras

Names Sampras, just swapped Z's with my S's.
What can I say about myself?
13 years old, huge-joe fan, saw him once live (COME BACK TO SWEDEN!), signed by gibson, I have a lp classic, a fender deluxe strat and a ibanez. My favourite joe album is new day yesterday, even though all his albums prettey much are awesome, my least favourite is sloe gin.

Re: Hey, names Sampras

Sampras..You're 13 and you found your way to Joe! Your future is bright!  Cathy

3 (edited by ZampraZ 2007-10-05 02:09:16)

Indeed, the path to neverending enlightenment is undeniable smile

4 (edited by ZampraZ 2007-10-05 15:07:17)

BluesMan, I got all of them, but you forgot signed by gibson. (That's how I could afford the LP).
I think I may upload some vids the upcoming days or so Jane...

My guitar teacher told me that I should give Joe Bonamassa a listen, im like, who? So he gives me the New Day Yesterday dvd, and woooooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh that is the shiznat! Unfortunatley I think joe has not gotten worse, but focused to little on the guitar. I know he said he wanted to please both crowds but it feels as if hes kinda abandoned us guitar maniacs latley tongue
Been playing guitar for 2,5 years, play everyday, play when I sleep (If i could I would)

I love rock blues, I play alot on blues jams (kinda joe style, fast yet old-skool). I dispise metal, punk and everything heavy. Classical rock and blues is the only way big_smile
Saw Joe live not too long ago, awesome show. I just regret I didn't have him sign my fender (How could i forget?)
I remember rushing to the front of the stage, and the pre-band started one hour to late, so stood two hours still before he actually came, then another two hours big_smile

And the radio here is ONLY pop. It's mainstream pop (enrique iglesias), and some pop-rock (like pop with actual instruments). But pop is so phony. Most people get a song done, all they need to do is sing half-good and theyll fix your voice in studio. It's no use having a car radio (except for cd) because there is no channel worth listening too

BluesMan wrote:
ZampraZ wrote:

BluesMan, I got all of them, but you forgot signed by gibson. (That's how I could afford the LP).

I remember rushing to the front of the stage, and the pre-band started one hour to late, so stood two hours still before he actually came, then another two hours big_smile

You know young Mr. Sampras,

I can't recall ever having been to Helsingborg, Sweden , but I'm starting to wonder if you're my long lost son? My wife and I got to our last Joe show that we saw a good 1 1/4 hours before the doors opened. Once opened, we ended up in the first row standing about 15 feet from the stage. The opening band added another hour and when Joe came out at 9:00 PM he played for 2 hours total. After over 4 hours of standing still, my 54 year old legs felt like steel girders. I started to make my first step and almost fell over. Thank goodness I'll have a seat at the 4 theatre shows when I see Joe in November. Of course, that's no guarantee that I WILL remain seated!!

Take care,

Roy

P.S. I better stop posting for tonight, because I think I'm at 999 posts........

Wow Roy,
On the threshold of Bonametal and you have the composure to hold off for a day!
I'm impressed.
I'm gonna be standing at the HOB's Chicago...probably at least 4 hours worth. Of course once Joe comes on, whatever pain or cramping my legs are feeling will fade away pretty quickly.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"