1 (edited by dmartin 2014-03-29 20:18:27)

Topic: Greetings from Washington State

Wow, where to start? My name is Debby, and I saw Joe live for the first time in Spokane and again in Yakima (first row seat) - took my 17-year-old son to the Spokane show, he's learning to play guitar, and it was his first live concert (apart from seeing Heart last fall).

I discovered Joe last year when I ended up back in touch with a friend I went to high school with, we took guitar lessons together back in the day. She always had a knack for knowing how to hear an artist and just "know" which of her friends would dig them. So, first chance she got, she said, you HAVE to hear this guy! I know you'll love him! And she was right!

Now I know that next time I see Joe live (and there WILL be a next time) I'm going to have to bring one of my beloved guitars along so he can sign it for me. Cause since I discovered his talent my fingers haven't been so sore from playing in about 25 years! I know what it's like to live and play the blues, cause trust me, people just don't respect a lady who plays electric guitar, and they completely dismiss you unless you're wearing red lipstick and high heels. And baby, that's the blues.

Another thing, off topic - I thought I was the only one who drank red wine and diet coke! Now I have a snappy comeback whenever someone gives me a hard time about it! I can say, well, Joe Bonamassa drinks red wine and diet coke! And when they, say, WHO? There's my in! Put me on the street team! smile

Well, I guess that's about it! Glad to be here! smile

Re: Greetings from Washington State

Welcome Debby! That's awesome you play guitar and that he has reignited your passion for playing. He inspired me to pick up the guitar and start playing also! I regret not learning sooner actually. Seeing him live is an amazing/addicting experience. One of the best addictions I think i've ever had though tongue

A lot of great, friendly people here on the forum that are die hard fans as well. Sometimes Joe even chimes in too which is pretty cool! smile

A great welcome here too. Enjoy the forum. The addiction will get worse. Enjoy the ride. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome, Debby......I just discovered Joe B. recently and all I can say is , wow!

I am also a newbie on this site, and the people here have been very helpful , when I have questions.

I already own pretty much all of Joe's cds.

Welcome, aboard.

I think it is great that you play the blues, and that Joe has inspired you to play again.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

A hearty welcome Debby, you've come to the right place. Enjoy the repartee and poke your head in the wilds of the gear section where you'll find some kindred spirits who won't dis you and your love.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hi Debbie
welcome to all things Joe
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome to Bonamassaville, Debby! I don't think you'll have any issues with the gearheads around HERE with regard to sexism. Tell us a little about your guitar(s) and the rest of your rig. That's a great way to introduce yourself!  wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Hi & welcome to the group...enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........