Topic: New photo restrictions

FYI, if you're thinking about getting a photo pass.  Included with the photo pass were these instructions:

You will be able to shoot photographs from the side of the theater.  You will not be allowed to shoot from the pit or front of house at all.  You must stay 15 feet from the stage.  You will be able to shoot the last 2 songs of the Acoustic Set.  There will then be a 15 minute intermission.  You can then shoot the first 2 songs of the electric set and that is all.  Please see attached highlighted set list for the approved songs.  Thank you.

Sincerely
Tour Management

Jim

Re: New photo restrictions

Is this only for photo passes or are they asking folks sitting in the pit to not shoot (as in personal cameras).  I know the goon security was up and down during the show in Louisville.  I take a LOT of pictures, so... curious!  Thanks!
--April

From what I heard, there is a mic stand at each end of the stage for Joe's in ear monitor for the crowd. When people are at the front of the stage and near those microphones he can hear the clicks of the shutter.  hmm

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

I could totally understand why the shutter clicks would bother him. In a lot of my videos, especially when he is playing softly, I can hear clicks and noises all the time of people taking photos around me. It's quite distracting. Nearly all the cameras are digital these days and don't even have a real shutter that is moving. Don't understand why more people don't put their camera in silent mode. There is no real need for it to be making a sound anymore.

photogal wrote:

From what I heard, there is a mic stand at each end of the stage for Joe's in ear monitor for the crowd. When people are at the front of the stage and near those microphones he can hear the clicks of the shutter.  hmm

~Rhonda

Ouch.  Hm.  Point and shoots are quiet (at least mine is) unless you enable to sounds.  My DSLR is noisy... the physical shutter is clanky. But with zooms, you can be out of Joe's earshot and still get nice photos or videos.  I was about 15 rows back and my photos were acceptable with a point and shoot.  I'm going to try for a photo pass for Indy and see what happens.   

Speaking of in-ear monitors, when Tom Petty was at Klipsch this summer, he said later that the crowd sang so loudly that he could hear them in his monitors.  That must be so distracting! :-)

oh goodness so you think maybe he heard me muttering "OMG I Love you , OMG I Love you, OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!" ?

Hehehehe! Love it!  I'm sure there's a chorus of that going on all over the theater!  Next thing you know, we'll be getting notifications that declarations of love or admiration are not allowed within 15 feet of the stage. :-) It will be hard to enforce, though. :-)

murphala wrote:

oh goodness so you think maybe he heard me muttering "OMG I Love you , OMG I Love you, OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!" ?

Hehehehe! Love it!  I'm sure there's a chorus of that going on all over the theater!  Next thing you know, we'll be getting notifications that declarations of love or admiration are not allowed within 15 feet of the stage. :-) It will be hard to enforce, though. :-)

Oh yeah... I heard muffled declarations of rapture all around the ACL theater. Oh? No, it wasn't me.  Well, maybe. But normally I try to keep it dignified... It's just not possible when Bonamassa is in the house.  I'm sure you understand... Just too hot to handle. :pray

Jane H. wrote:

That's hilarious, Jane!! It'd be funny to know the things he's heard. No wonder he gets a little smile on his face every now and then when he's playing.

On that same note - as we were waiting for the doors to open at the Oakland Paramount, I was behind a couple and the husband said to his wife, "Now, no screaming, OK? Just chill out." hahahahah

I've heard dudes yell out "I love you Joe!". lol Talk about an awkward moment!

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

photogal wrote:

I've heard dudes yell out "I love you Joe!". lol Talk about an awkward moment!

Your right I have heard that at almost every Chicago  area show.Wonder if it's the same guy ?lol

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

photogal wrote:

~Rhonda

That's the reason why there were 2 mics at each end of the stage. i thought that the stage engineer made a mistake because no one was using that mics. big_smile

Now i'm glad that i used my phone to take pics. I had put it in silent mode so no noise. And of course i had disabled the light.
But it's true that there were a lot of pics taken from every part of the theater and you could hear the noise of the cameras. Also a lot of people used a light and and i found it a little bit annoying. hmm I can easily understand that it's not easy for Joe to play in such conditions.