Topic: The Dead Daisies

'Supergroup' is an a too oft used phrase sometimes, and I'm not sure the Daisies necessarily fulfil the criteria although their line up has some well known names. The musical credentials are certainly good.

Their debut album was a free giveaway with Classic Rock mag and I have to say it is on constant rotation at the moment.

Great vocals, great rhythm section, good songs with some nice changes of pace. Richard Fortus plays a restrained guitar role and it pays dividends I find.

To me, they have a sense of the Crows and LS about them. There is a whisky drenched sound to the music. Jon Stevens singing is excellent.

I shall be looking out for them when they come around. I like what I am hearing.

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

2 (edited by DaveWammbarro 2013-12-24 21:10:26)

Re: The Dead Daisies

Watched them support Black Star Riders...thought they were good fun. Need more solid songs though...just seems like a pub jam band to me...
Helps that David Lowy is in the band....a billionaire! They fly to each gig on a private jet piloted by Lowy. A nice little project for him...and he wasn't such a bad guitarist.
Not a bad group....but nothing to blow me away either.

PS...but an absolutely killer rhythm section.

Mike Craggs mentioned this band recently and I agree they're a fine group.  I especially like the song with Slash.

'Lock 'n Load' is a nice tune with a typical Slash magic guitar dust on it, but there are some excellent other songs on the album. I've listened to it a lot and I find the production is very well done.
Dave's live impression was intesting to note. I hope they tighten it up like on the album and sort out the band members so that they can back the record up. I like it but maybe it is destined to be just another 'one off' album.

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

"Dead Daisies - the album came free on Classic Rock last month, but to my shame only just gave it some serious playing after catching them open for Black Star Riders. Full-on collision between US and Australian rock. Well worth checking out, and catching if you can".

That's what I said back on 10th Dec, in the What's everybody listening to thread. - Still maintain it's a damn good album. Would like to see these guys come back round again, headlining.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Yeah I've seen The Dead Daisies a couple times. They reign from my native land of course.

I saw them once, supporting Aerosmith and once supporting ZZ Top. Got the album free with Classic Rock also. Almost seems a shame to receive it for free, I'd certainly pay for it! They're very much 'on the record' live as well (as in they sound on the record as they do live).

I think a lot of people might consider them sorta average but I quite get into them when I seen them. I hope they'll stick around for some time and make a couple more crackers for us.

Marco Mendoza (from BSR etc) is now back playing bass for them.

I see it was announced last month that with the departure of John Corabi and Marco Mendoza Glenn Hughes has been drafted in to fill both pairs of shoes....

The new lineup – Hughes, former Whitesnake guitarist Doug Aldrich, ex-Journey drummer Deen Castronovo and David Lowy – released their first song together, “Righteous Days,” along with the announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … JFI2o01BAo

John Corabi has a new band called Lost Angels but is expected to play again with Dead Daisies in the future.

Corabi is also doing a tour over here December - acoustic:-

December 2019
Dec 08 Sun  Glasgow, Hard Rock Cafe
Dec 09 Mon  Newcastle upon Tyne, Trillians
Dec 11 Wed  Blackpool, The Waterloo Music Bar
Dec 12 Thu  Nuneaton, The Crew / Queens Hall
Dec 13 Fri  Grimsby, Yardbirds
Dec 15 Sun Bradford, Nightrain
Dec 21Sat  Belfast, The Limelight

Should call this band The Musical Chairs.....

Shouldn't be a surprise, but with recording commitments with the upcoming new Black Country Communion, as well as a fall tour celebrating the 50th Anniversary release of Burn; after 4 years and 2 albums, Glenn Hughes is stepping down from vocal duties with The Dead Daisies.

What might raise a few eyebrows is that John Corabi is stepping back into his old shoes....

Interesting. I do like the GH albums with them

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky