Topic: How to meet Joe?

I have tickets to Joes show in Boston in November. The fact that I have these tickets is a small miracle, cost, logistics etc. My question is how do you guys get to meet Joe? I see lots of avatars of members with Joe , how does this happen?
Is there a list you have to get on? Just try and wander around back stage after a show?
I am bringing my home schooled daughter to the big city to see this show. And it would be the collective high point of our lives to shake hands with Joe Bonamassa! THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!
Dave

2 (edited by Rocket 2011-08-21 20:30:27)

Re: How to meet Joe?

Collective high point of your lives, huh? Man you two really have the blues, don't you?!  neutral
Wander around backstage? Not going to happen without special permissions.  If you mean back of venue where a bus is parked, afterward, yeah it can happen.  If you are in an impatient or not hurry, not likely.  That bus is set to cruise on OUTTA THAR, and the will or need to get on it and go might be temporarily pretty darn low...or not.  It's a crap shoot and if you've ever won at craps, you know you have to formulate some kind of strategy to come out ahead.  But patience and gambling don't go together too well, so to the victors go the spoils.  The victors get involved, are recognized publicly and privately, and sometimes only have a trade school tool of head stocks degree...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

ps-the faith and hope can't be minimized  wink

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Welcome to the forum Vintage Rock. I'll translate for Rocket.  tongue  Your best bet is to hang out by the bus after the show. Frequently Joe, if not too tired, will come out and visit fans, sign stuff, pose for photos and handshake after he gets cleaned up and refreshed. Those who are hard core activists on his street team often get in to the meet and greet session preconcert for a bit of face time. Good luck to you and your daughter, and enjoy the show!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Like Rocket and Rick said, you just need to be in the right place at the right time,  I've met Joe 5 times now.  If I can do it anybody can.

OK perhaps a little overstated. But it would be a big deal(and cool!) to meet Joe.
Thanks for the advice guys we will give it a try. The way the shows are selling out I guess we're lucky just to have tickets.
Dave

Meet & Greets are not just for hard core Sreet Team activists, au contre, they are for the hard core fans more than anything.  That CAN be both at once.  However, having only purchased a Joe Bonamassa signature guitar is a sure fire way also.  Children and teens too young to walking  the street team streets alone are great candidates, especially if guitar players of basic means and don't have expensive gear and things but love the music and gobble every piece of Joe Bonamassa lore or articles they can digest.  Finally, if you write to the corporate people...desperate beggars-kidding, really mean those of untetherable excitement can be chosen. That is my recommendation to you Dave, and the earlier the better!

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Get to the show early, stay late, be aloof, and keep your eyes wide open. Joe is cool about coming out and around and is much more generous spending time with fans than most stars are.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome out Dave VR... Been in for awhile huh?  How old is daughter?  That could be a selling point if you call J&R in Boca.

But yeah best advice so far is hang out and look for the bus after the show.  Joe is incredible with kids...of all ages.  lol   Mostly just go to the show and enjoy.  If you get a chance to thank Jose, for kicking your butt, all the better.

MuchJoe
MuchLove
bigjeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

Welcome out Dave VR... Been in for awhile huh?  How old is daughter?  That could be a selling point if you call J&R in Boca.

But yeah best advice so far is hang out and look for the bus after the show.  Joe is incredible with kids...of all ages.  lol   Mostly just go to the show and enjoy.  If you get a chance to thank Jose, for kicking your butt, all the better.

MuchJoe
MuchLove
bigjeff

Like I said earlier, on a TRUTH Kick In Time Saves Mine

bigjeffjones wrote:

MuchJoe
MuchLove
bigjeff

I agree about Joe's affinity for kids. He's amazed me with his kindness. But, if you want to be certain to meet him it's simple...buy a JBLP.  smile       Cathy

"But, if you want to be certain to meet him it's simple...buy a JBLP."
While I would love to use this advice it is not in the cards for awhile. I have had a picture of  one the Bonaburst LP's on my desk since they came out.
Thanks to all for the help, we'll see what happens, it's in the hands of the guitar gods now.
Dave

I'll hope i'll have the chance to meet him in march....

Jane H. wrote:
Pantera wrote:

Hey Pantera I hope you do too.
I want to point out that this thread in particular is a couple years old and had outdated information and contacts.
I didn't read the whole thing again but my suggestion is to read though some of the more recent threads including a couple sticky threads at the top of this and the Street Team section for more relevant information.

Post #11...still applicable odds multiplier...best "archetypical" model
of...if you know what I mean... wink  No limits, make or model, actually. big_smile

Rocket

Jane H. wrote:

besides the JBLP being unobtainable for most, I would also caution against wanting to get one signed as a given to meet Joe. Its a different thing than in 2011 and alot of it not necessarily in Joe's control. not trying to discourage anyone. It is worth asking in any case but i wouldn't want anyone getting their hopes up based on what used to be doable.
of course this is just my opinion

Joe likes guitars.......calling card...

My experience tells me: don't count on nobody. I volunteered to hand out flyers, did a lot of advertising on social networks for the shows here in Argentina, and it would be OK if nobody had told me anything, but the guys who gave me the flyers told me they'd do something as a way to thank for the help, but I've never heard from anyone again.

When I was at this year's show, I had to stay outside of the venue while a small group of lucky fans got to enter to the meet & greet, no one would tell me how they got to be in the M&G and there was a kid in the M&G who said he really didn't like Joe, but had his guitar to be signed anyway.

I stayed outside of the venue after both shows in Buenos Aires (2012&2013). On the first one, only Tal, Carmine and Rick went outside and about 10 fans who stayed to wait talked to them and got pics, but Joe left in a car, apparently someone told me someone had died, I don't know if a musician of a close friend , so Joe wasn't in the mood to go out and say Hi to the fans.

In 2013 I did the same thing, but I didn't even get a sight from no one, after the show I got a tip from the hotel they would be, but it was wrong and I stayed until late there, freezing, and hating the bad luck I was having.

Luckily, the morning after I got a tip from the actual hotel they were staying, and that they were leaving that same afternoon. I rushed there and finally met Joe and saw Tal and Carmine again. They looked really tired, though, so no one would stay with me for a chat, except for Tal, who gave me a promotional release of the RCFP album, after I told him they don't sell that album here, along with Joe's early albums up to 2010's Black Rock.

So , even if I depended on that fellow guy who told me the hotel, I had to do everything on my own, that guy who told me, was one of the guys who went to the M&G , so I stayed in contact with him, giving him my phone number so he would let me know anything..... so yeah, it's up to each and everyone of us, everytime Joe plays somewhere where he doesn't just walk through the front doors....

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

Jane H. wrote:
Pantera wrote:

Hey Pantera I hope you do too.
I want to point out that this thread in particular is a couple years old and had outdated information and contacts.
I didn't read the whole thing again but my suggestion is to read though some of the more recent threads including a couple sticky threads at the top of this and the Street Team section for more relevant information.

Oooopssss, didn't check de date of the posts :emb

Sorry

Thanx Jane H. for your answer. I'll follow your advice. wink

17 (edited by Pantera 2014-01-15 03:16:35)

I read posts speaking about getting a guitar signed.....I don't see myself bringing my Joe Bonamassa epiphone to the concert big_smile

Well anyway the most important is to enjoy the gig and come back home with stars in the eyes and eventually with some good pics and videos.

Meeting him would be the cherry on the cake. It's a way to have an idea of his personnality. wink

PBS usually gives away meet and greats if you donate but depends on area.  They do it for every show he's had in Indianapolis.  I had asked his management and they even suggested going that route.  Years ago, you could call up the management company and just by requesting I would get a meet with any artist.  Also depends on venue, if they are at a club, you get to meet them between sets or after the show.  Also know your city and where they like to go.

Our local blues club has people in it every night, Joe has even stopped in there the night before or after his show.

Go Raiders, JUST WIN BABY!
Fight ON USC TROJANS!