Topic: Ticket prices.......really?

So my wife and I are big JB fans. We've seen him 4 times so far. There is a show coming up next month here in So Cal. But ticket prices are $142 before Ticketmaster and venue fees.......really? I have a hard time paying over $300 for 2 tickets to see anyone. Yes, I am a fan......but IMO, that's way too high. Am I alone here?

Re: Ticket prices.......really?

Dude, that's the price of a hotel room! And you just go there to sleep and don't remember sleeping!!!

What's the most you paid to see any of those other four shows?

oh geez, here we go again...

blueswede69 wrote:

So my wife and I are big JB fans. We've seen him 4 times so far. There is a show coming up next month here in So Cal. But ticket prices are $142 before Ticketmaster and venue fees.......really? I have a hard time paying over $300 for 2 tickets to see anyone. Yes, I am a fan......but IMO, that's way too high. Am I alone here?

Facts are wrong. The highest price ticket on the three S Cal shows is $125 plus fees. That is for the first 5 rows,  or lower section. They are $99 from there back down to $79. So you can find a seat to fit your budget. All the $125 tickets are sold so evidently there are enough people that disagree with you.

This topic is going to the basement.

6 (edited by murfdog 2013-11-19 23:15:53)

This topic tends to rear it's ugly head from time to time. Joe loves making music..The people that Joe work with love making music and money. The larger the show, the larger the expenses. Much like a Mercedes Benz...you pay for QUALITY ! I agree that Joe's prices have increased fairly dramatically over the years, but that's what I like to refer to as hard work paying off. I simply have offset the cost by going to less shows a year, and making the ones I do attend are QUALITY! Joe is asking a premium price for tickets for one simple reason...people are willing to pay it ! Especially after viewing some of the bonus footage in the "Tour de Force" set....I just realize how incredibly hard Joe has worked to get to this point...and against all odds...has reinvneted the Blues and made a huge name for himself with virtually no commercial support...I wish I could still pay 30 bucks instead of a100, but that would mean Joe would still be playing tiny clubs...I'm willing to pay the extra cash to support Joe for all his hard work and success...although I am admittedly a Joe junkie, street team leader, etc...so my opinion is slanted...lol

Murfdog

Not again?

Always ask yourself the question-Do I get what I pay for? If you answer yes then proceed if you answer no then decline. I always say yes.

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

I take the price of Joe's ticket prices going up as a sign he is getting very successful. Top artists get top money. Joe has been a  top artist for a long time, only now getting the payoff, hopefully. Also, what kind of production crew does he have to have with him always now because of his growing fame. It all costs a fortune, it has to. My only complaint is he is getting so popular that I see a day when he sells out in hours and I miss out! For Joe I hope that day comes. He deserves it!!

Nancy