Re: Street Team Stories: How has Joe's Music Affected You?

Wow, Jane, that was wonderful!

20 (edited by sally12333 2013-10-05 19:16:39)

Jane H. wrote:

I don't hold Joe to the task of saving the world but a part of me truly believes that the good feeling from this music is a part of the equation.

Ahhhhh, Jane, I think you are onto something here.  Just imagine that all the world's leaders have been introduced to Joe's music and become real fans.  When some huge dispute arises, the 2 presidents/dictators/kings/etc. are all frowning and scowling and sit down at the negotiating table.  Somehow, suddenly, unexpectedly they discover they both love Joe and they end up spending the first 2 hours just gushing about Joe and taking count of the CDs/DVDs they both own, and going on and on.  Neither one can stop talking about Joe, we all know that's what happens!  And then at the very end they say oh, by the way, hey, we can fix this problem, let's do it, no worries!!  Now wouldn't that be a perfect world?

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

21 (edited by RickB 2013-10-06 06:51:07)

So many fantastic posts! What can I add?

From that first time with no warning at a sunny midday lunch interlude at Doheny to four frenetic days in London this golden child has now become a driving force in my and my lovely wife Helen's lives. Sometimes she rolls her eyes when I announce another road trip is necessary, but when he's playing those eyes light up in a way that warms my heart. She gets it too and how cool is that! It has brought us closer together, joined in a common love of the music we missed when children and life took us away from the youthful carefree days in the heyday of British Blues and Rock and Roll. Now, empty nested and the chance to live again on our own terms, and finding a host of kindred souls to share the love with as we roam the planet chasing this dream come true. Finding we've infected our children and extended family and friends with the same love of this rare soul who changes lives when he plays. They too roll their eyes at times, not quite as enthralled as this pair of RocknRoll Geriatric Groupies. Then I get an email from the son in Germany. "Wow dad, I just scored a pair of front row seats to see Joe Bonamassa in Berlin". Roll them eyes son. I know the truth.

Affected? Yeah, just a bit.

Let this glorious ride continue forever.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

From that first time with no warning at a sunny midday lunch interlude at Doheny to four frenetic days in London this golden child has now become a driving force in my and my lovely wife Helen's lives. Sometimes she rolls her eyes when I announce another road trip is necessary, but when he's playing those eyes light up in a way that warms my heart. She gets it too and how cool is that! It has brought us closer together, joined in a common love of the music we missed when children and life took us away from the youthful carefree days in the heyday of British Blues and Rock and Roll. Now, empty nested and the chance to live again on our own terms, and finding a host of kindred souls to share the love with as we roam the planet chasing this dream come true. Finding we've infected our children and extended family and friends with the same love of this rare soul who changes lives when he plays. They too roll their eyes at times, not quite as enthralled as this pair of RocknRoll Geriatric Groupies. Then I get an email from the son in Germany. "Wow dad, I just scored a pair of front row seats to see Joe Bonamassa in Berlin". Roll them eyes son. I know the truth.

Rick

Wow Rick your post summed up how Joe as infected us all with his music and some of us have been fortunate to get to know Joe a little better and understand that he is a kind loving soul and the real deal. A truely wonderful person. Cheers you Rock Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

RickB wrote:

Rick

Rick, your story is giving me chills on this Sunday morning. I love hearing stories of couples reconnecting because so many don't.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Rick, you and Helen are blessed in so many ways, with Joe as a superlative bonus!  Hope you both consciously soak it up and bask in the glory of each other every day.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Ron, Sally and Barbie, thanks. That was from the heart and we do bask in our love and the sharing of Joe. Our golden years are truly shining because of Joe. We'll see you all somewhere further on down the road.
Rick and Helen

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

26 (edited by wvgirlinky 2013-10-12 08:31:19)

Wow, tears of love flowing this a.m. As I read this. Common thread is Joe gives us that thing we did not know we needed.
Rick(sweet hubby) found Joe first. When I heard his name, I said 'what country is he from'.  Hubby laughed, usa.  For months all Rick wanted to do was listen to Joe.  To win my hubby back  I gave him tickets to see Joe.  After we saw Joe on May 7 2012, our lives have not been the same.  We have all his music and DVDs.  We have more fun together street teaming for joe. Joe has helped us get thru financial troubles, health concerns, dealing with crazy cars breaking down,etc etc. any major stress in our life can be lessened by this magical music Joe gives us.  We love each other more, live more, laugh more.  Just huge love for Joe, this forum, his band, words fail me. Joe Bonamassa is the great unifier!

Oh forgot to mention we are taking our son to see Joe in November.  You can't not share the love of Joe

wvgirlinky wrote:

Wow, tears of love flowing this a.m. As I read this. Common thread is Joe gives us that thing we did not know we needed.
Rick(sweet hubby) found Joe first. When I heard his name, I said 'what country is he from'.  Hubby laughed, usa.  For months all Rick wanted to do was listen to Joe.  To win my hubby back  I gave him tickets to see Joe.  After we saw Joe on May 7 2012, our lives have not been the same.  We have all his music and DVDs.  We have more fun together street teaming for joe. Joe has helped us get thru financial troubles, health concerns, dealing with crazy cars breaking down,etc etc. any major stress in our life can be lessened by this magical music Joe gives us.  We love each other more, live more, laugh more.  Just huge love for Joe, this forum, his band, words fail me. Joe Bonamassa is the great unifier!

Oh forgot to mention we are taking our son to see Joe in November.  You can't not share the love of Joe

big_smile big_smile big_smile
That's it! So happy for you too.

So I've only been a fan for the last year or so - don't hold that against me! Just feel sorry for me for missing out on so many great Bonayears. But I can honestly say I've never been so touched by a musician. I have no great emotional story like some of the others on this forum, but I feel my life has really been enriched. I've been inspired to take up acoustic guitar, my husband has taken up electric guitar, we have a whole new shared interest and we love planning holiday breaks around Joe's European tours. I'm also very impressed by what I've seen of Joe as a person and hope to have chance to say hi to him one day. Thanks for everything Joe!

I posted earlier how I got my Dad into Joe and now he has taken up guitar at 71 yrs old. Well now I am really excited for him. Bought him tickets to the show in Buffalo in May!  Unfortunately I live in Jersey and won't be able to go with him.  But I will see Joe in Red Bank.  Just really excited for my Dad!  Another Joe convert!

30 (edited by Sirona 2013-11-01 21:13:34)

I discovered Joe listening to Planet Rock.  Go figure, I had to listen to a UK Radio Station to learn of Joe and it was a UK Magazine (Classic Rock) that I read my first article about him and I'm in the States!

The first song I heard was Sloe Gin.  That has always been my favorite song and after the Vienna version came out it resonated even more with me.  There are plenty of songs out there that make me weepy but that song just really struck me inside.  It wasn't just the words it was the way he performed it.  The first time I heard the Vienna version I broke down and cried. I felt a release of pain in my life had left me. 

Classic Rock & Metal is where I musically lean towards but it's guitarists that I pay attention to especially ones who can make their guitar sing all on its own.  I always feel I get two songs for the price of one from the ones that have a way of connecting with me deeply.  Joe can sing and play Sloe Gin but somehow it feels like his guitar is alive and playing its own song at the same time.  All of his songs sound that way to me, a true artist in my mind to give me two songs in one.

I can't play a guitar; I can't tell the difference between makes and models or know technical terms.  It's purely how the person plays their guitar.  If it stirs something in me then they are a keeper and I delve into their music.  I had no idea when I delved into Joe that some of the guitarists that I liked were favorites of his too like Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore.

I have music on all the time when I write and I was recently having a bit of a writer’s block while writing my current book and decided to put on Joe.  When the first notes of the Royal Albert Hall show kicked in my writers block seemed to vanish as my writing just started to flow.  His music has become a soundtrack of sorts as I write chapter after chapter. 

There are not a lot of artists like Joe out there right now and honestly wish there were more like him who are passionate about what they do.  His creativity and what seems to be endless amounts of energy given the number of things he does truly amazes me.  Joe's awesome - enough said.

https://live365.com/station/a72706

5/16/14 Hampton Beach, NH (First Joe show!)
1/15/16 Burlington, VT

The best part is-The BEST Is Yet To Come!!  As we all grow and share, the love multiplies and spreads.

Joe's heart is connected directly to his guitars and he fearlessly explores the boundaries to bring us to a new depth of understanding of ourselves, even if we can't always express it, he expresses it for us.

I pray all the time that the happiness he gives, showers itself on him!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

I can tell you Joe has influenced me in so many ways but seeing how it brings attention to someone else might be even more awesome. First of all I hate to say I'm a negative person, I don't have any friends I have a dead end job, no wife/ or never had a girl friend. I always wear all black and drive a all blacked out Honda civic. So now that you have an idea who I am. On the weekends I love to just drive around the city listening to Joe at full volume,so one night I was rolling down Main St. sitting at a light in front of the Midland Theatre( where Joe has played) just blasting Further up down the Road and I look over and this older black guy was pointing at me and dancing to the sound of Joe coming from by murdered out civic. That is what brings a smile to my face and influences me to try to be a more positive person. Seeing a total stranger break out in dance in the middle of downtown KC is just plain badass. I drive through downtown every weekend since then just to see if I can get another person to react in the same way. That's how I Street Team so if you see a skinny white boy in a blacked out civic give me a wave or honk!

33 (edited by storiesbysteve 2013-12-03 01:34:19)

In April 2013 I had seizures for the first time at the age of 62. I was in a neurology unit for three days. Before the seizures I had only vaguely heard of Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa.

Sometime shortly after getting out of the hospital I heard their song "I Will Take Care of You" - and it made me cry. I am over sixty and I cried a river! At that moment I felt completely lost.

You lose you driver's license after seizures and my brain was felt fried. I did not know if I could ever work or give a good presentation again. Seizures are like a electrical storm in your brain and anything can be wiped out. Without memories we lose connection to our own past.

But, their song, "I Will Take Care Of You, was the start of my turnaround. Since April I have bought almost everything that either Joe and Beth have produced (and eagerly await a full DVD)

Their music and their personalities have been important to me in recovering from the seizures. They both play classic music in a new, fresh way. Listening to their music has helped my brain recover and regrow connections. Even the high quality production of the music has helped me as my ears hear sharper since the seizures.

I also just bought the 4 dvd Tour de Force set. It's good to see that a person DOES get more than one shot at the Royal Albert Hall! Joe sure made the most of his. The second RAH show is better than the first.  I may have a new shot at life myself and I will try to make the most of it too ...

Merry Christmas to you and everyone who's off stage helping! I am almost finished watching the Tour de Force set so produce a new DVD soon smile

Steve

storiesbysteve wrote:

In April 2013 I had seizures for the first time at the age of 62. I was in a neurology unit for three days. Before the seizures I had only vaguely heard of Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa.

Sometime shortly after getting out of the hospital I heard their song "I Will Take Care of You" - and it made me cry. I am over sixty and I cried a river! At that moment I felt completely lost.

You lose you driver's license after seizures and my brain was felt fried. I did not know if I could ever work or give a good presentation again. Seizures are like a electrical storm in your brain and anything can be wiped out. Without memories we lose connection to our own past.

But, their song, "I Will Take Care Of You, was the start of my turnaround. Since April I have bought almost everything that either Joe and Beth have produced (and eagerly await a full DVD)

Their music and their personalities have been important to me in recovering from the seizures. They both play classic music in a new, fresh way. Listening to their music has helped my brain recover and regrow connections. Even the high quality production of the music has helped me as my ears hear sharper since the seizures.

I also just bought the 4 dvd Tour de Force set. It's good to see that a person DOES get more than one shot at the Royal Albert Hall! Joe sure made the most of his. The second RAH show is better than the first.  I may have a new shot at life myself and I will try to make the most of it too ...

Merry Christmas to you and everyone who's off stage helping! I am almost finished watching the Tour de Force set so produce a new DVD soon smile

Steve

I have heard many cases about the therapeutic power of Joe's music. Yours put a smile on my face...hope the turnaround continues...and welcome to the forum!!!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

35 (edited by PoppaPlayedAGibson 2014-01-23 08:23:57)

Joe's music has affected me positively. To make this short and sweet , Joe's music is excellent ! His songs are clean and not loaded down with trashy lyrics like you hear with so many artist's now days. The music he plays is some of the best I have heard in a long time. Genuine music, not a bunch of stupid nonsense. A true old school musician IMO with his own unique touch to his playing. He has a really good voice as well. And his Band Members also deserve credit , they are all amazing musicians !

His music is very positive and has me appreciating the fact that there are still artist's out there that can make real music that sounds amazing and clean lyrics which I personally prefer. I can't believe they even allow some of the music that is out there today. And right now Joe is way up there on my all time favorites.

Truly a pleasure to listen to Joe , and I can't say that for many artist's anymore. There is a lot of garbage out there now day's and Joe is one of the decent artist's that separates the men from the boys , IMO.

Keep On Rockin' Joe ! big_smile

Well, I'm a real virgin; I haven't seen him live and I"ve only been a fan for a few months but I have to say Joe has reawakened my love for music as well as other things.

I suffer with depression and have a lot of medical issues.....there were financial problems etc..long story.

I lost my love for books, music and the like during a bad episode earlier this year and one night Palladia was showing one of his concerts. I really perked up when I heard/saw him play.

Memories flooded back of my adolescent years when I would traipse down to Greenwich village to see my idols.....Muddy Waters, Paul Butterfield.

Joe's music makes me feel alive and even grateful for the respite it has brought me.

And things like this.....

Wow Rick your post summed up how Joe as infected us all with his music and some of us have been fortunate to get to know Joe a little better and understand that he is a kind loving soul and the real deal. A truely wonderful person.

really make me tear up as corny as that sounds. I've heard so many stories and seen videos of how he treats his fans, just talking to people in general and it truly warms my heart. He does sound like a lovely person.

I"m so glad to be here and I can't wait to finally see him in person and who knows.....maybe even a handshake or a hug???

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach