Topic: Street Team Stories: How has Joe's Music Affected You?

Hey there Bonamassa Army! This is a concept that I've come up with and I'm hoping that it really takes off! What I'd like you to do here is share all of the special stories that you might have that revolve around Joe. When you met him, how his music has affected you, how you've gotten others into his music, etc...

I want to use these stories in a few special projects that pay respect to you die-hard fans and will be announced shortly...

Looking forward to reading

Street Team Eric

Re: Street Team Stories: How has Joe's Music Affected You?

Uhm, read the entire forum and you'll mine some GOLD nuggets...just friendly advice.  But, have NO fear, some of us don't mind repeating ourselves.  roll I say, some of us don't mind repeating ourselves.  Repeatedly, that is...

That's concerning your "project."  I do look forward to others opening up. big_smile  Perhaps I shall withal...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hi Eric
My story is attached below the @signs from a forum post back a few years ago. Sorry it is long. Joe has truely saved my soul and I will forever be grateful. So much has changed in a very positive way for me since the below post. I feel I have an angel in heaven by the name of Cindy looking after me.  I have met Joe many times and looking forward to link up with him again in Cleveland to give him something for his Blues foundation. Joe is a truly amazing person. I am proud to call him my friend. You should be very fortunite to have joined such a great team led by such a wonderful artist and his manager Roy. I would kill to be able to work in any capacity to help the cause.
Cheers Ron

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hi All
It has been a VERY rough 7 months for me but I need to let all of you know my story and how Joe, even thought I have never met him, has brought me back from a very dark place. Below is an email I sent to Joe and his management a few months back that tells my tale. I now have the guitar in record time from the custom shop and I am sure we know who made this happen. What is important is I am sure that there are many other people that Joe has touched in a profound way such as myself. I will be working towards getting back my chops and focus on raising money via music for colon cancer research. This new direction and focus is a direct result of how Joe's music has impacted me. He truly has saved my soul.
Thanks Joe I will be forever greatfull, I look forward meeting you this Thursday 3/24 in Worcester to sign my new Les.
Cheers Ron Connatser
>>>>>>The email
Subject: Your music has saved my soul

Your music has saved my soul
Hi Joe
My name is Ron and I feel  I need to tell you what your music has done for me. I will try to be brief and I hope you get this note.
Up until September 17th 2008 my life could not be more perfect, I had married my high school sweet heart Cindy (married 30 years) we had two wonderful kids, my wife and I did EVERYTHING together, things could not be better until on September 17th 2008 ( my 911) we were informed that my wife had colon cancer. She was never sick a day in her life.  I never knew courage until I saw how my wife handled this and fought. I can only dream of being so strong. Unfortunately on August 3rd 2010 of this past year she lost her battle with cancer. As with everything she left us her way at home surrounded by me and my kids. My kids are also amazing for they knew how important it was to their mother and me that they went back to college. So three short weeks after the loss of my wife they went back to school.
So how does this tie to your music? For me more then you will ever know.
My kids went back to college then I found myself coming home to an empty house just staring at the walls not knowing what to do.
A little more history….Prior to meeting my wife some 35 years ago I played guitar in a band. Started at age 4 and was playing clubs by 12. Music was my world until I met my wife at which time she was it nothing else mattered. Well we got married I sold my Marshall, pedals and Strat for an acoustic and as the years rolled on I hardly played at all for my wife and I were enjoying life together. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Now back to above again…… as I said my kids went back to college then I found myself coming home to an empty house just staring at the walls not knowing what to do. I picked up my Ovation 12 string, that I have not touched for years and then after about an hour of playing it hit me. Playing was a comfort, it sent me to a wonderful place and helped the pain. Well then and there I decided it is never too late so I have started playing again. On day a few months ago I was talking to a buddy of mine and he said you need to listen to this young guitar slinger Joe Bonamassa if you want to hear rocking blues. So now this is where you come in. I went and purchased your live from Royal Albert hall DVD. I must have listened to that 100 times. Joe I know you have probably heard this a million times but your playing is truly amazing. Listening to you play has been the best medicine to help me through this hard time in my life. It has truly saved my soul. I have since purchased a Marshall and was hoping to buy one of your Gibson custom gold tops but I was informed  that they are out and do not plan on making any more. So I am doing the next best thing I am working with my local Guitar Center to see if I can have Gibson piece together a top quality custom Les Paul with the hardware of your gold top. I just purchased two tickets to your upcoming show on 3/24/2011 in Worchester Mass and I was hoping that I could bring it along for you to sign.
I hope you get this message and again thank you for your music as I said you will never know how much listening to your soulful playing is helping me heal.
Thank you so much a new fan.
Ron Connatser

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hay Eric     In the short time I have known of Joe and his music, he has given me the strength to face down thyroid cancer, pursue new treatment for another long medical issue that kept this cowgirl from riding for 15 years.

Hope to find new sources of funding for my 4-H club of 25 years that has saved the last horse property in North Lake Tahoe and gives local kids and no-cost mountain horsemanship program.

Joe, the cancer and a wild born Chincoteague Pony given to me at 5 years old, not trained and very spoiled and losing our major funding for the club all came within weeks of each other.

After 18 months, I'm still here the pony "GG" is started and on the Street Team with her own Facebook page,

GG aka "Whisper's Wind Dancer" to tell you all about it from her side of the story.

I rode my horse Sassy 40 miles in 4 rides in 6 days this past spring.

I felt Joe's heart thru his music right off the bat.  He has been with me every step of the way.

I am an upstate NY Italian, like Joe in many ways.

How he lives his life and pursues his goals, opens himself to what life has to offer.   Is willing to try something new, and if he gets bucked off, he learns and gets back on.

How he impacts the world and gives back thru his Keeping the Blues Alive Foundation.

He inspires and challenges me to dig in when it gets tough.

I wrote something longer, but was timed out and lost it.   If you want more details I am happy to explain more.

All of the horses in the club are at the Street team's disposal any way we can help.

For what Joe has done for me, whatever he needs just ask.   

We hope to help sellout the Reno show in Dec.

I need to go feed and work on a horse that lost a shoe, then getting to see Beth tonight in Reno for the first time, so have to close this short. 

so sorry I lost the first version.  More if you want it later

Happy Trails !

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Positively and absolutely...and essentially.

That's not all that involved an answer...but sums it up, nicely.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

6 (edited by dknight16 2013-09-27 19:27:37)

I never get tired of reading Ron's story.  Truly inspiring.  You will find that Ron is one of many exceptional people here.

When it comes to music, I've tended toward hard rock and metal, while my wife is (yikes) kinda into show tunes / musicals.   Joe is probably the only music artist we have a shared passion for.  We traveled across a few states to see Joe for the first time on one of our rare trips together without kids.  The show was in a tiny theater in Crystal Lake, IL in 2006 and we were front row, dead center.  Every aspect of that trip was so perfect and memorable.  It was also the first time in nearly 30 years of concert going that we could meet the star of the show just sitting at the merch table talking to each fan. It was so exciting and refreshing.  Joe was so down to earth and genuinely appreciative of the fans.  It was special.

The next time we took our teenage kids with us to Cleveland for my daughters birthday.  After the show, Joe hung out on the end of the stage and took the time to greet every fan that cared to stay.  He had a genuine conversation with my kids for nearly 10 minutes.  It was a moment they still talk about to this day.  I've never seen an artist that so easily attracts and interacts with nearly 4 generations of people.  Joe is special.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

I have been of Joe for several years now. I have been lucky enough to meet him three times before shows. But this goes further than me.  My parents took an interest in Joe because they knew how much the music meant to me. I started by showing them Royal Albert Hall.  Then I gave them a few cd's.  I have to backtrack and explain I also play guitar and have since I was a teenager (now 48 years old).  But now my Dad wants to learn how to play guitar!!  He is 71 years old.  I got to teach him Smoke on the Water.  I just think it is so cool and makes feel like life has gone full circle in a way.  And I attribute a lot of this to Joe's music. I thank you for letting me connect with my Dad on another level

8 (edited by Bill S 2013-12-04 00:25:47)

I wrote this last December, but added a few updates, most notably, Rock History/London March 2013:

8 years ago...almost to this exact minute, I received a phone call that truly changed my life.
I'm sitting on the same 5:20PM train as I was that night, when I heard the name Joe Bonamassa for the first time. As many of you know, the call came with an offer of a ticket to see Joe that very night at a local theater 5 minutes from my home. The rest, as they say, is history.
I walked out of the theater after the show in a joyful daze, in disbelief at what I had just witnessed. That night started a journey that I hope never ends!
Here are a few of the highlights, in no order and totally off the top of my head:
Raue center - Dec 3, 2004, first show...Nuff said
The night Joe and I sang Walk in My Shadows together...in front of 800 people at Raue Center
Final performance with Eric Czar and Kenny Kramme
Last live performance of Pain & Sorrow
Royal Albert Hall show live
Beacon Theater show live
Chord on Blues show in St Charles, il - the night Kevin Shirley first saw Joe live
Crossroads in Chicago -2011 and a great pre-show bash with bonabuds from across the globe
Watching the band change...from Mark Epstein and Bogie, Rick, Tal, Arlen, then Derek.
Guest performances too many to mention (can you say Clapton?)
George Lopez show
Letterman (finally! And how much fun was that?)
Standing in front of Shank Hall Milwaukee 4 hours before the show...in single digit temps
Joe getting a new trailer...truck....bus.
A photo I took of Joe at the Vic Theater (Chicago) winding up in Guitar World magazine
Wearing smiley faces in the front row in Elgin...and drinking Jell-O shots in the parking lot
London 2013: Borderline, Shepherds Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, Royal Albert Hall 2

The journey has taken me to some amazing places, where I've made some amazing friends.
Chicago*, Elgin*, Milwaukee*, Rockford*, Davenport*, Ames, Iowa City, Des Moines, St Charles IL*, Crystal Lake il*, Merrillville IN*, St. louis MO, Sunrise FL, New York City, London*, uhh...I may be missing one or two.
*multiple shows
And I found this place...the greatest forum in the world and a quasi home away from home.
Thanks to all of you for making this forum so special....and special thanks to Joe for the last eight years. They have been filled with great music, great shows, great friends and great memories!

Now coming up on 9 years and roughly 50 shows.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

My story isn't all that spectacular but since I discovered Joe 3 years ago, I find it difficult to listen to anything else for any extended period of time. I carry on so much about him that even my dad knows him now (my parents watched Vienna on PBS) and often asks "What's Joe up to these days?" And he never paid much attention to the music I was listening to in my earlier years. I mean, what accordion player cares about Iron Maiden? Anyway, I'll see my sixth show in 2013 on November 2!

In short, Joe's music, along with the way he interacts with fans, makes me happy. It's that simple.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:

My story isn't all that spectacular but since I discovered Joe 3 years ago, I find it difficult to listen to anything else for any extended period of time. I carry on so much about him that even my dad knows him now (my parents watched Vienna on PBS) and often asks "What's Joe up to these days?" And he never paid much attention to the music I was listening to in my earlier years. I mean, what accordion player cares about Iron Maiden? Anyway, I'll see my sixth show in 2013 on November 2!

In short, Joe's music, along with the way he interacts with fans, makes me happy. It's that simple.

I think THAT is spectacular Barbie.  A simple deep glow of happiness.  Perfect!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Wow, Bill! That's an awesome story! It's so cool you got to discover him when he wasn't so popular and the shows weren't so big! Seriously so cool!

Bill S wrote:

I wrote this last December, but added a few updates, most notably, Rock History/London Marcg 2013:

8 years ago...almost to this exact minute, I received a phone call that truly changed my life.
I'm sitting on the same 5:20PM train as I was that night, when I heard the name Joe Bonamassa for the first time. As many of you know, the call came with an offer of a ticket to see Joe that very night at a local theater 5 minutes from my home. The rest, as they say, is history.
I walked out of the theater after the show in a joyful daze, in disbelief at what I had just witnessed. That night started a journey that I hope never ends!
Here are a few of the highlights, in no order and totally off the top of my head:
The night Joe and I sang Walk in My Shadows together...in front of 800 people at Raue Center
Beacon Theater show live
Chord on Blues show in St Charles, il - the night Kevin Shirley first saw Joe live
Crossroads in Chicago -2011 and a great pre-show bash with bonabuds from across the globe
Watching the band change...from Mark Epstein and Bogie, Rick, Tal, Arlen, then Derek.
George Lopez show
Standing in front of Shank Hall Milwaukee 4 hours before the show...in single digit temps
A photo I took of Joe at the Vic Theater (Chicago) winding up in Guitar World magazine
Wearing smiley faces in the front row in Elgin...and drinking Jell-O shots in the parking lot
London 2013: Borderline, Shepherds Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, Royal Albert Hall 2

The journey has taken me to some amazing places, where I've made some amazing friends.
Chicago*, Elgin*, Milwaukee*, Rockford*, Davenport*, Ames, Iowa City, Des Moines, St Charles IL*, Crystal Lake il*, Merrillville IN*, St. louis MO, Sunrise FL, New York City, London, uhh...I may be missing one or two.
*multiple shows
And I found this place...the greatest forum in the world and a quasi home away from home.
Thanks to all of you for making this forum so special....and special thanks to Joe for the last eight years. They have been filled with great music, great shows, great friends and great memories!

Bill S wrote:

I wrote this last December, but added a few updates, most notably, Rock History/London Marcg 2013:

Beacon Theater show live
George Lopez show

Chicago*, Elgin*, Milwaukee*, Rockford*, Davenport*, Ames, Iowa City, Des Moines, St Charles IL*, Crystal Lake il*, Merrillville IN*, St. louis MO, Sunrise FL, New York City, London, uhh...I may be missing one or two.
*multiple shows

It's been quite a ride Bill. Glad to have shared some of that with you. Word! See you in Des Moines again?

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

tahoerimriders wrote:

Hay Eric     In the short time I have known of Joe and his music, he has given me the strength to face down thyroid cancer, pursue new treatment for another long medical issue that kept this cowgirl from riding for 15 years.

Hope to find new sources of funding for my 4-H club of 25 years that has saved the last horse property in North Lake Tahoe and gives local kids and no-cost mountain horsemanship program.

Joe, the cancer and a wild born Chincoteague Pony given to me at 5 years old, not trained and very spoiled and losing our major funding for the club all came within weeks of each other.

After 18 months, I'm still here the pony "GG" is started and on the Street Team with her own Facebook page,

GG aka "Whisper's Wind Dancer" to tell you all about it from her side of the story.

I rode my horse Sassy 40 miles in 4 rides in 6 days this past spring.

I felt Joe's heart thru his music right off the bat.  He has been with me every step of the way.

I am an upstate NY Italian, like Joe in many ways.

How he lives his life and pursues his goals, opens himself to what life has to offer.   Is willing to try something new, and if he gets bucked off, he learns and gets back on.

How he impacts the world and gives back thru his Keeping the Blues Alive Foundation.

He inspires and challenges me to dig in when it gets tough.

I wrote something longer, but was timed out and lost it.   If you want more details I am happy to explain more.

All of the horses in the club are at the Street team's disposal any way we can help.

For what Joe has done for me, whatever he needs just ask.   

We hope to help sellout the Reno show in Dec.

I need to go feed and work on a horse that lost a shoe, then getting to see Beth tonight in Reno for the first time, so have to close this short. 

so sorry I lost the first version.  More if you want it later

Happy Trails !

Tahoe Jo

A great story Tahoe Jo, and a tip. If you are doing a long post and it times out, open a new browser page, log in again, then go back to the first with the text and You're on again. smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

14 (edited by nmagcorn 2013-09-29 14:58:26)

We came upon Joe 1 1/2 years ago. My husband, Phil was flicking channels and came across his performance at the Royal Albert Hall. Our lives changed at that point. We have seen Joe play 21 times now, if you are to count all ticket stubs, many of which have been the Rock Candy shows in both Los Angeles and New York. We have traveled far and wide to see Joe perform and will continue to do so as long as we are able. His music appeals to us in almost a spiritual, mystical way, which may seem to corny to people who don't know any better. We have been very fortunate to have had interactions with Joe along the way. When we attended the Rock Candy shows last January at the Baked Potato, my husband made an audio recording of those shows. The recordings came out really good and with some help we were able to send them on to Joe and Tal because we thought they would enjoy them. When we saw Joe in Vegas, he told us the recordings were 95% perfect. They almost were going to use them, but there were a few issues they couldn't fix. We were blown away to say the least. Tal told us they bring them on tour with them and that they listen to them on the bus, even Mike Hickey told us he has a copy. We are so happy that they have enjoyed our recordings, because to us it is our small way of trying to thank them for the joy they have brought in to our lives. With both our boys getting older, one in college and the other in high school, the approach of the empty nest had looked pretty depressing, but now, a whole new world has opened up to us filled with wonderful caring people we have befriended through this forum and our travels, and the most incredible music played by one of the kindest, generous, most down to earth person we have ever had the honor to become acquainted with, the wonderful Joe Bonamassa

Natasha

Joe Bonamassa Forum → Street Team → Street Team Stories: How has Joe's Music Affected You?
Joe Bonamassa Forum → Street Team → Street Team Stories: When You Met Joe
Joe Bonamassa Forum → Street Team → Street Team Stories: Tell Us About Your First Time Hearing Joe

My first time ever hearing Joe's voice and guitar was at Barnes & Noble in 2006...fuzzy recollection of the exact date of that Sunday, whether late June or early July, but nonetheless "my date with destiny" "good fortune" "my dharma" "my good karma"....quite simply , the stars & planets were all in alignment!  Little did I know what a gigantic discovery I had just made!
  I was standing in the "B"section with headphones on listening to something when I looked down and saw BLUES DELUXE staring at me. My first thought,  " That guy is kind of cute and what does a Joe Bonamassa sound like?"   The first bar of the song, YOU UPSET ME BABY, I exclaimed too loudly, "Where's this guy been all my life? "  Heads turn in the store and my son Bobby  red in the face with embarrassment was trying to shush me.  Grabbed the other Joe CD's and out the door we went and I was on the first mile of this wonderful journey.
The next day was even more of a mind blower!  During a break at work, I was reading thru the Des Moines Datebook and looking under the concert dates and saw a totally unbelievable listing!  Joe Bonamassa Surf Ballroom, Clear Lake, IA July 14, 2006!!!!! What are the odds of this? Two days in a row!  I knew at that point there was something very special in store.   I was on the phone in a flash to get tickets ordered and that segue ways into the next mile of this journey.  Joe was opening for Tesla.
We arrived early to the Surf Ballroom to be one of the first in.  With BLUES DELUXE in hand we secured a spot in front and when Joe came out onto the stage, I felt like I had known him forever.   The band at that time was Mark Epstein on bass and Bogie Bowles on drums.  LOVED EVERY NANOSECOND of that short set and Tesla fans were in disbelief that we were relinquishing our front positions to them.  "We came to see Joe, not Tesla!" 
Off to the merchandise table we went to await Joe's arrival.  If I asked Dennis (merch guy) once , I easily asked him a million times ,  "When is Joe coming out?"  In exasperation of me hounding him he told me I needed to settle down and be patient!  WHAT???!!!!!  I don't remember what I even said to Joe, but was taken by his kindness and gratefulness, Blues Deluxe signed, a couple of guitar picks and heaven was felt!  Little did I know at the time, that my soon to be lovely new friends Lee & Renee were also there!
Well one thing leads to the next,  Joe's Fan Forum!  Talk about solidifying the addiction, my new home away from home.  I had so much fun, posted too much, about anything and everything...lol..lol....but couldn't help myself.  And the chat room, oh my goodness some of greatest friendships I'll ever have we're formed there.  My best Bonabuddy Rhonda (photogal)and I met on a "blind date road trip" to see Joe ( once again at the Surf Ballroom) in November of 2006.  So in sync were we that we even had on the same jackets when we met the first time.....now many a road trip we have done and many an adventure we have encountered...some with secrets, but all filled with great "for the love of Joe moments."  Value of this: PRICELESS!   
Joe said one time that one of his greatest accomplishments was The Forum because of the countless relationships and friendships that have formed. No truer words have been spoken!
There are so many lifelong friendships I would make at so many different shows and each show has it's own story that I could write a book.  Joe has changed and affected my life in so many ways!  Things I would never have imagined possible!  A trip to London, not once but twice.....this small town girl would never have made it there any other way.  All the cities before and after..big milestones in Joe's career.....the belief and devotion that Joe would be a shining star and to have had a hand in some of it, is humbling in and of itself.
Some less than happy days that Joe and his music and his fans have pulled me thru.  Joe will never know the countless number of times he has helped many of us in so many tough situations.  I vividly remember a phone call to my Mom in the middle of the night for help and one of her answers was, "Why don't you put on a Joe  DVD and see if that helps...."  A lot of people might think we are a crazy bunch, but if they knew each and every one of our stories of Joe, it would be so evident to them.  I will always be eternally grateful to Joe for all that he is and all that he has done.  It is GREAT to be a Joe Bonamassa fan!

Currently on the eve of one of my greatest Joe adventures I will leave off with one more crazy example of what I call "my Joe luck."  On October 1st, 2008  my phone rang and it was Rachael Iverson from J&R Adventures.  She said ,"Patty, are you sitting down?"  I said, "No, I was just heading out the door to go see Joe at The Whiskey Roadhouse!"  She said, "I think you had better sit down.  YOU WON !  You won the JB Les Paul! ".   What a coinky-dink that she called me on a day , unbeknownst to her, that I was going to go see Joe!  Joe said that night with a grin he could just give me the guitar now , it was on the bus, to which I replied, "Heck no! You said you'd fly me to a show to get it!" And true to his word, he did and what a night of memories for me and my sister.  Joe has played Child #184 at two shows (The Ballad of John Henry and Just Got Paid) and one of the times was at where I work part time...how freaky is that?!!!!

Joe really nailed that day and my whole journey with him so appropriately on my ticket,   "To Patty, It's your lucky day! Joe Bonamassa".   cool

...many an adventure to document with Joe  and many a more adventures with Joe to come.....

....Clear Lake,IA. Davenport,IA. Des Moines,IA.  Ames,IA.  Council Bluffs,IA. Iowa City,IA Omaha,NE. Kansas City, MO. St. Louis,MO. St. Joseph,MO., Chicago,IL., Elgin, IL., Rockford, IL., Aurora, IL., Cleveland,OH., Tulsa,OK.  and the trips of a lifetime London, England x 2!

pattyluvsjoe   smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Patty..."That guy is kinda cute......" lol  Shallow wade-in start to the very deepest blue healing waters....GOLD mettle best stroke winner, Sweets! big_smile

Swim ON & Keep the Now You Got IT Enthusiastic Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

RickB wrote:
Bill S wrote:

Beacon Theater show live
George Lopez show

*multiple shows

It's been quite a ride Bill. Glad to have shared some of that with you. Word! See you in Des Moines again?

DesMoines? Absolutely!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

18 (edited by samjp4 2013-09-29 21:26:51)

I think the easiest way to do this is to repost my Boname(n)tal post.

"I was hoping to sneak this post in but since our new moderator started a new thread I had to look for a good place to hide it.  Since I take way too many pictures I thought it would be appropriate to post this somewhere in the picture section, and even better under my own thread.  So congrats if you found this.

I have been a fan of Joe since 2004.  I joined this Forum in 2007.  To say that both of these things have changed my life would be a major understatement.

Because of Joe I learned to appreciate music again, and discovered a whole other world of awesome musicians and bands were out there waiting to be found.   I  am sometimes scared about how much I absolutely love Joe’s music.  None of it has grown old for me, and it is always changing both in the recording studio and during his live performances.  This man is a performer with few peers (I would say no peers but Joe would disagree) and it has been a joy to watch him grow into his current place in the music world.  His guitar playing stuns but to me the best part of Joe is his kindness and his appreciation of all of us for helping him get where he is today.  And he really means it.  When I was at Crossroads last year and Joe took to the stage I was overwhelmed.  It was like watching your kid at graduation.  I actually cried.  27 times I have seen this guy in action and I can’t wait for the next one whenever that may be.  I’ve crossed the ocean twice, went to Maryland and Chicago and all over New England for these shows and it has been worth every mile.

The friendships I have made thru this Forum have been a huge part of my love for Joe and his music.  People I had only met on here or over the phone or thru e-mails suddenly came to life when I attended the Royal Albert Hall concert in 2009.  And we still all keep in touch and get together when we can (never often enough).  I just went to England again.  It was planned around when Joe would be there but my main reason for going back was to see all my friends again.  It was an awesome time, and already I am starting to plot my return.  There are so many wonderful people on here that I am proud to be friends with.  Big hugs to ALL of you.

Now since this is the photography thread I would be remiss if I didn’t post a “few” pictures.  Since lots of pictures tend to get boring I decided to liven it up by playing them with my favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5VfQyiiXg

I can’t believe it – I am now officially Boname(n)tal!

Sandy"

Since I posted this almost 2 years ago I have been to 11 more shows, many in New England, Iowa, Baltimore, Philly and three of the four London gigs.  Ten years ago I wouldn't fly, now I have crossed the Pond 3 times to see Joe and hope to do it again some time (2015?  sad   ).  The friendships I have made over the years are stronger than ever - this Forum and Joe's fans feel like my second family.  If you had asked me September 19, 2004 what the next nine years would hold I couldn't have even imagined such a tale, and I look forward to future chapters.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty