Topic: Sonora last night

Looks like I for got to log out at 1:30 am. Heres a quickie.

Cool venue, the best I've seen Joe at yet. 300 People, SOLD OUT!

Crosby came out did a 40 min. set, closed it with 2 covers, Buckinghams " world turning" and "superstion" by Stevie Wonder. The dudes talented and funny. Very gracious and thanked Joe for signing him as his first artist on Joes label.

This old Opera hall in the Sierra Nevada foothills wil never have a better musician play there, Joe TORCHED! the place. He must dig these venues, he was on top of the crowd. When he shredded ( I like that word) the acoustic on "woke up dreaming" there was not a butt on their seats! I love to scan the crowd, they were FROZEN, hell what did you expect, he does that wherever he goes.

Handed out the last 25 cards I had after the show. I think Joe made some new fans out here, the bonavirgins looked like they just saw god! One guy said to me " I've never heard of the guy, man he's great!" I gave him the scoop, buy everything Joes put out, and come to the forum, simple recipe.

Went up to Joe after the show, started to say something, he says "shredit, right! I met you in Reno, I dont even know your real name". Now it was dark outside, and I had a hat pulled over my head, I was very surprised he even recognized me" Hey it feels good, what can I say. Told him JDAWG and I would see him in S.F. tommorrow.

Sactown Shred

P.S....dont ever drive this road at night ( hwy 49 ) almost put the shredmobile off the road, thank god I was sober!

Re: Sonora last night

Hey Bro, I've been looking for your response all morning. OF COURSE he remembers you. You work hard for him! I can't begin to tell you how much I feel your joy!!! Be careful!!! You know I luv ya...Sister Cate

Nothing like showing your face enough to get recognized by Joe. SWEEEEEEEET!!!!

Sounds lke you had a good time. I'll see ya tonight. White goat, right?

Shredit wrote:

Looks like I for got to log out at 1:30 am. Heres a quickie.

Cool venue, the best I've seen Joe at yet. 300 People, SOLD OUT!

Crosby came out did a 40 min. set, closed it with 2 covers, Buckinghams " world turning" and "superstion" by Stevie Wonder. The dudes talented and funny. Very gracious and thanked Joe for signing him as his first artist on Joes label.

This old Opera hall in the Sierra Nevada foothills wil never have a better musician play there, Joe TORCHED! the place. He must dig these venues, he was on top of the crowd. When he shredded ( I like that word) the acoustic on "woke up dreaming" there was not a butt on their seats! I love to scan the crowd, they were FROZEN, hell what did you expect, he does that wherever he goes.

Handed out the last 25 cards I had after the show. I think Joe made some new fans out here, the bonavirgins looked like they just saw god! One guy said to me " I've never heard of the guy, man he's great!" I gave him the scoop, buy everything Joes put out, and come to the forum, simple recipe.

Went up to Joe after the show, started to say something, he says "shredit, right! I met you in Reno, I dont even know your real name". Now it was dark outside, and I had a hat pulled over my head, I was very surprised he even recognized me" Hey it feels good, what can I say. Told him JDAWG and I would see him in S.F. tommorrow.

Sactown Shred

P.S....dont ever drive this road at night ( hwy 49 ) almost put the shredmobile off the road, thank god I was sober!

I can't wait to meet you in person  smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Sounds like another top notch show by the Man.  Great review shred and enjoyed reading about the first timers!

Music is good for the Soul...

6 (edited by suhl 2007-09-20 14:24:45)

good review man

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

yep that was one hell of a show, joe gets more awesome everytime i see him, and the sonora opera hall almost came tumbling down, i'm sure that place has never felt vibrations like that before!!!!!!!absoulute killer perfomance by the best there is.   since we rode our motorcycles from placerville, thank god we only had to go to angels camp to spend the night for it was mighty cold on 49, maybe modesto next week?

BluesMan wrote:

Hey Shred buddy,

Great post of the show!! Take it easy tonight with J Dawg riding shotgun, OK? And make sure he doesn't get up on the table to dance. Tell him my family and everyone I know in Wisconsin have his back. We're all talking to the "Big Man" for the return of good health for him.

Roy

Will do Capt., he needs all his friends right now, I know I'm probably the only one on the forum who has hung out with him, and i can honestly tell you, he is as good a person as you will ever meet. In fact, on Sunday, his bay area friends have organized a huge party for him in Benicia. There are going to be alot of musicians, music, drinks you name it. Deb and I are going, and John told me this party is getting huge, the dude knows everybody it seems, a great event for a even better guy.

All prayers to our forum buddy.