Re: White Flying V used by Joe for sale

Good luck cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I do feel for you on this.... But it was never my guitar or played at any UFO audition by me. I could put the lyrics to "The Ballad of John Henry" on "FAKE" White House letterhead, doesn't make that authentic Presidential memorabilia either. You see my point?  Only thing real about that letter is the signature at the bottom and the person responsible for the mess. 

Again I do feel for you... I do believe your story and intentions are honest.
Joe B

I find it perplexing that someone would spend $2800 on a $800 guitar.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I do feel for you on this.... But it was never my guitar or played at any UFO audition by me. I could put the lyrics to "The Ballad of John Henry" on "FAKE" White House letterhead, doesn't make that authentic Presidential memorabilia either. You see my point?  Only thing real about that letter is the signature at the bottom and the person responsible for the mess. 

Again I do feel for you... I do believe your story and intentions are honest.
Joe B

Thank you for the response, and I see your point clearly. I think you see mine as well. If you were to do that, the problem wouldn't be putting the lyrics on the fake White House letterhead. The problem would arise if you tried to sell it as Presidential memorabilia.

I understand very clearly that the guitar wasn't played, owned, auditioned, or touched by you. That is why I took it down, and will not be re-selling it. I believe I have reached an agreement with the "signee", so all should be well.

My story/intentions are as honest as the day is long. I saw you in 2002 open for Lynyrd Skynyrd in Toledo. I was immediately hooked. I have followed your music since. I have met you several times, and you were both gracious and humble. You signed everything from my Murphy Aged R9 to my aged Bonamassa goldtop and Silver Jub backplates. I have signed up for your "street team", and turned many people on to you and your music. Our whole family loves your music, including my 2yr. old autistic daughter. She loves the "Beacon Theater" Sloe Gin and Down Around My Place video's. If she is fussing, we put those on, and that's the end of it. LOL. I put several (3) of my guitars up for sale in all. The reason I chose the V is because I don't play it out. I play your sig goldtop at every gig, so that would be the last to go. My guitars are just short of being my kids....I'm sure you can relate to that. 

Anyway, thank you for the music and the inspiration. Sorry about all of this.  Continued health and success to you.

23 (edited by jbyrd1 2013-07-05 09:27:35)

Spider wrote:

I find it perplexing that someone would spend $2800 on a $800 guitar.

Spider,

I have seen other posts of yours where you like to "stir the pot" so to speak. No need for that here, as it is really very simple. I thought I was purchasing a small piece of "Joe history". Have you paid attention to other things of his that have sold on Ebay? For that matter, any artist? I can provide examples if you really need them.

Not only that, but I can give you the email addresses to the 8 people I had wanting to buy the guitar after the ad was pulled. Maybe one of them can "unperplex" you.

How cool would it be to own the guitar that Eric Clapton auditioned for the Yardbirds with? Better yet, what would that be worth today? Probably much more than what the guitar alone is worth.

Look on Ebay right now. There is a guitar that Paul Mcartney played once, onstage at a benefit concert. It is a Les Paul Standard. $1800 guitar. I think he has it listed for 30k.

I purchased it because at the time, I had the money. I am a huge Joe fan, and I thought it would be cool to own. I never had any intention of parting with it. I had it in an art type "frame", and it was the centerpiece of my little home studio.

This whole thing has caused me a giant headache and a sleepless night. Pretty much ruined my ONE day off that I had for the weekend. So do me a favor, and just leave it alone. It's no worry of yours, and I don't need the grief. Have a great day.

No one is stirring any pot or is out to get you. Drop the narcissistic attitude. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Sad story all around.
Since it can't be vindicated by JB himself, maybe the store can clear things up for you in the long run.

good luck in re-couping your costs.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I honestly don't like to see good people argue because of one bad apple. If your happy with the end result then all is good with me and the folks on this forum. I appreciate you following me from those early days.

Guitars should be played not argued over. But when buying something one would hope the description is more David Attenborough and less Gene Roddenberry.

In this case Spock sold you a bag of glass. It's not your fault.

Happy 4 th everybody!!

Joe B

DougH wrote:

Sad story all around.
Since it can't be vindicated by JB himself, maybe the store can clear things up for you in the long run.

Thank you Doug.

I believe I have worked it out with the person responsable. It will be a few weeks, but I'm confident it will work out.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I honestly don't like to see good people argue because of one bad apple. If your happy with the end result then all is good with me and the folks on this forum. I appreciate you following me from those early days.

Guitars should be played not argued over. But when buying something one would hope the description is more David Attenborough and less Gene Roddenberry.

In this case Spock sold you a bag of glass. It's not your fault.

Happy 4 th everybody!!

Joe B

LOL. Amen. Thanks Joe. See you in Cleveland!

jbyrd1 wrote:
DougH wrote:

Sad story all around.

Thank you Doug.

I believe I have worked it out with the person responsable. It will be a few weeks, but I'm confident it will work out.

I hope it has - it must be quite upsetting a position to be in.

Chrisuk wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:
DougH wrote:

Sad story all around.

Thank you Doug.

Thank you. It most definitely is. Thank goodness I didn't actually sell it. That would have been terrible. All's well that end's well!

jbyrd1 wrote:
Chrisuk wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

Thank you Doug.

Thank you. It most definitely is. Thank goodness I didn't actually sell it. That would have been terrible. All's well that end's well!

Yeah, right.  roll exactly who are you attempting to fool?

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Oh goodness! Please excuse me while I step outside to puke.

I sure wish this thread would close so we can get back to just having fun talking about gear again.

Spider wrote:

Oh goodness! Please excuse me while I step outside to puke.

You guys (Rocket) just prove my point. Trolls. Keyboard Commando's. LOL. People get real ballsy about making statements when they can hide behind a keyboard. 810-923-8297. If you have something to say, be a man. Give me a call. I have nothing to hide.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about all of this. I was sold something under false pretenses. Joe knows the guy and obviously has no issue with me or my intentions. He knows what's going on, and that's all that matters to me.

I was bothered at first by your ridiculous comments. Now....not so much. I feel sorry for anyone who has to troll forums and message boards to seek attention.

I have perfect feedback on Ebay, and My Les Paul Forum. I always put my contact info in my ad's. If I was going to scam someone, I would have just sold it as it was. I wouldn't have pulled it down. Joe wouldn't have known who bought it, and neither would anyone else. It was certainly there for the taking if I so desired. I would never do that.

So Spineless...I mean, Spider, go outside and do what you must, and Rocket you can follow suit.

Anyone with half a brain can see what happened. The only thing that really matters to me is that Joe has a clear understanding of things. Again, knows what's going on, knows the individual, and will be able to confirm when the guitar in questions has been returned.

I'm done responding to childish keyboard assaults. I graduated in 1987. Good luck guys.

jbyrd1 wrote:

I agree with you. It would really suck to find this out after you sold it. It could have turned into a bigger mess than it already has. I believe your intentions are honest.

I am glad this is getting worked out.

Brother jbyrd, I believe you. Sorry about all of it. Take care my brother.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends