Re: Another "know it all"

Apologies for saying this before, but never discount a critic, even when you disagree.

Lest you sound like a "know it all", yourself.

wink

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

JBFan4Life wrote:

Apologies for saying this before, but never discount a critic, even when you disagree.

Lest you sound like a "know it all", yourself.

wink

BAH! lol Critics is as critics dust...

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Clearly, whatever paper/media outlet this was published on (I didn't care to note the name) it's clear that they sent a "reporter" that couldn't be arsed to do their job right, therefore fell asleep before Joe came on stage. I wish the media would stop sending amatuer reviewers to his gigs. However, for every bad gig review, there are 100 good ones. Joe is beyond a "copycat" act now, not that he ever was one in the first place. Just this "reviewer" has clearly never listened to his progress, which speaks for itself, over the last 10 years. A sold out acoustic blues/rock show at The Vienna Opera House (one of the first of its kind), two sold out Royal Albert Hall shows (one featuring Eric Clapton as a very proud guest), Recently becoming the biggest blues artist on the Billboard charts, beating his idol and mentor B.B. King amongst many others. I could go on but Joe's legendary accomplishment's, shows, albums and DVD's speak for themselves. As I said before, for everyone 1 bad review, you get 100 positive ones, even more in Joe's case as he actually is a talent.

I say we shouldn't even give the bad reviews the free advertisment that they want. If Joe ever has a bad show, he'll be the first to apologise 1000 times over, and will beat himself up worse and far beyond any "press review" ever could. And he will  also be more than happy to make up for it next time, by going far and beyond the alleged "unimaginative" act that he is

Just my two cents as a long time Joe fan,

ClaptonIsGod

22 (edited by Rocket 2013-04-30 03:09:05)

Aww it's all just a fake wind up for me...Jest havin a li'l fun wit...

"Don't just stand there Paw, git yer shootin' iron and start ta fueding with them "No Good Ornery Hoppers" "
..."Talkin' that way 'bout muh biskits"!

...hawuh hawuh hawuh heh heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TryujzUqUNU

They come a courtin', and then they drops one through the floor on us......hawuh hawuh hawuh heh heh

Rock ON & Keep the Fu in Feud Faith, yikes big_smile
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Pillock, not worth wasting any more time on methinks.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

No worries. I have received much worse in my home town.  I do love how these  idiots make  fun of  the audience for showing up!! It is astonishing!  What a numpty. It's his right to take the piss outta of me.  But not the fans!! 

What's the music world coming to? I hope he paid top dollar from a scalper for his tickets!!

Joe B.

well said Joe.

"No such thing as bad publicity", "Opinions are just like **** holes; everybody has one"..... to quote just  couple of well used quotes! wink

Thankfully we all like different things in the is world and freedom to express our likes and dislikes. Just a pity the critic does not see the bigger picture; Joe's music brings a lot of people together and makes them happy, - but I guess by definition a critic is only looking to criticise.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Oh by the way.   I'm proud anytime to be compared to Peter Frampton.

Here's another reviewer of the same gig - just for balance - http://www.illuminoise.com/powerhouse-o … bonamassa/

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

There will always be the clueless.Not everyone has to like Joes music.CRitics are a dime a dozen.Joes one in a million.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

As I said, I hesitated to post this one. I get lots of reviews from Google Alerts and 99% of them are positive. I typically post the best ones here, but occasionally post the negative ones too. I find it very interesting that there are people who just don't get it. It honestly doesn't bother me anymore, and I hope it doesn't bother Joe. I feel a bit sorry for anyone that can't enjoy one of Joe's shows, regardless of their musical tastes.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Christ, not another 'bash a critic because he doesn't share my opinion purely so i can look good in front of a VERY successful musician in the hopes that he reads this thread', how petty do you have to be to all clamor together and call him a 'moron' and 'know it all' on the forum of the artist he's reviewing?

Stop posting this shite to look good in front of Joe, post it because you have something to say other than pointless 'know it all' insults, the irony is he probably knows a lot more about music than a good majority of us. Joe's a successful, professional musician, there's no need to run to Goliath's aid when David gets lippy (I know David won but this is the real world folks).

As for the condescending remarks of 'I feel sorry for him (the reviewer)', you just ruptured my cringe reflex

Grow up & have a good day

Me playing Joe's actual Ibanez Tubescreamer pedal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76jk58_vl2s

31 (edited by DougH 2013-04-30 08:11:28)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

No worries. I hope he paid top dollar from a scalper for his tickets!!

Joe B.

Sadly Joe.. He probably had 'comp' tickets and didn't have to pay a thing.

I can't remember a show or event that didn't have comp's

Guess the reviewer is reminiscing over the days when musician's used to 'roll a few blunts and play an improvised inagodadavida for 40 min straight" and called that an amazing solo.

See you soon in London Ontario

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

"painfully predictable" really chaps my arse, so this is not the first time he has seen Joe? I bet it is the first for him. Some people's taste is all in their mouth. not to make excuses for his giant expectations, but maybe he was just having a bad night. Sounds like constipation, guess he got it out of his system.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

33 (edited by Silhouette89 2013-04-30 13:41:25)

frazerburns19 wrote:

Christ, not another 'bash a critic because he doesn't share my opinion purely so i can look good in front of a VERY successful musician in the hopes that he reads this thread', how petty do you have to be to all clamor together and call him a 'moron' and 'know it all' on the forum of the artist he's reviewing?

Stop posting this shite to look good in front of Joe, post it because you have something to say other than pointless 'know it all' insults, the irony is he probably knows a lot more about music than a good majority of us. Joe's a successful, professional musician, there's no need to run to Goliath's aid when David gets lippy (I know David won but this is the real world folks).

As for the condescending remarks of 'I feel sorry for him (the reviewer)', you just ruptured my cringe reflex

THIS!
I feel like the critic gets bashed by the same standards as he "bashed" joe.

Silhouette89 wrote:
frazerburns19 wrote:

THIS!
I feel like the critic gets bashed by the same standards as he "bashed" joe.

I find it cynical to assume Bill posted this in order to garner attention from Joe. Do folks post links to their guitar playing for that reason?? If you don't want to comment, or see these comments, don't read the thread and/or don't respond. This is the place to voice your dislike for a review. And, to add the insult that this guy probably knows more about music than the majority of us, or to grow up?? My cringe factor just went into overdrive.

35 (edited by Deezer 2013-04-30 14:51:00)

The reviewer has the right to post what he pleases. And I have the right to call him an ****. The Constitution holds true! smile

And trust me, knowing Bill S, he didn't do this to grovel for Joe's attention. He's not that type of dude.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

frazerburns19 wrote:

KMA you blowhard.
My feelings hold true regardless of your opinion.
Maybe next time I can reach the gag reflex and you can choke on your own vomit.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"