1 (edited by Barbara 2007-09-03 14:00:31)

Topic: St. Marys, OH

The inaugural Riverside Bluesfest was held at a local park nestled just outside the quaint small town of St. Marys.  Saturday was what I would call the PERFECT DAY to hang outside and rock to some jamming blues.  Bright sunny day no clouds, low humidity and a slight breeze was blowing.  Once again Joe's loyal and devoted Ohio fans who travel far and wide throughout the state came out to support him and to see him perform.

As soon as Bogie came on stage and started pounding out the beat on his drums to Bridge To Better Days the AWESOME and INCREDIBLE BONAMASSA BLUES RIDE began!  Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick absolutely tore up the stage on Saturday night rockin' out with their special blend of blues music.  The band is incredibility tight, seemed rested, rejuvenated and they truly appear to be having a blast performing together.  Joe, you never cease to amaze me with your abundant talent and are gifted in so many ways, one being that you are such a nice person.  Bogie "bravo", your drum solo was the best that I've heard and that I've watched you perform so far.  Loved how you changed it up and watching you jam on your drums for me is total pure joy!!!  Carmine and Rick you guys were simply fantastic and a thrill to watch perform.  Set list was pretty much the same as in other previous shows with one exception to the encore when Joe and the boys blew us all away when they performed Ball Peen Hammer for the first time live.  It was rockin' frickin-out-of-sight fantastic! 

Jeff and Adam it was great to see you.  Tom and I were glad you guys could come and hang out to experience Joe and the boys for the first time.  As Jeff so rightly said after the show, "that was AWESOME"!  Melissa, Dean and family nice to see you again.

Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick thank you sooo much for another BLAZING ROCKIN' show.  You guys are absolutely the BEST!  Bogie, sorry I didn't get a chance to see you after the show hopefully I will see you next time.  Hey Joe any chance you might consider performing Black Night live?  Will you think about it, please?  Thanks again guys and as always travel safely...........

Barbara

Re: St. Marys, OH

Barbara, Thanks! I can just feel the energy. Great review! It's wonderful that the band is really having fun. I still think you should come to Baltimore with us......Cathy

Hi Cathy.  Believe me I wish I could make the Rams Head show in Baltimore.  I was hoping he would play there on a Friday or Saturday night so I could get to the show, unfortunately during the week work keeps on getting in my way............Barbara

Great to see that you all having a grand time.
I know i'am gonna miss the reviews, don't think i be able to lurk on the forum  ...on holiday.
All off you enjoy the gigs!!

Thank you Barbara,  great review of the show.  It was our first Joe show and it was awesome.  Adam especially loved the acoustic set, Debbie is sick that she missed it " I shoulda called off work" she said.  St. Marys did a great job with the whole bluesfest,   the sound was good and the huge video screen was a plus.  I'm sure there will be more and more folks there every year.  I'm sure we'll catch a show together again before too long....
Rock On!!  .....Jeff

I agree that this show was fantastic.  The 4 preceding acts were wonderful and then Joe put lots of icing on the cake.  This was my 7th Bonamassa show but the first I took my wife to.  She absolutely loved it.  Joe's acoustic work was amazing and rich, this particular band was very tight and I loved the keyboard added in (heard that at Cleveland HOB earlier this year and loved it there too).  Sound quality was amazing for outside (though when Joe's mouth wasn't right on his microphone you lost his voice -- happened last time I saw him outside too.)  Ball Peen Hammer as an encore was fantastic.  The only annoying thing was some people shouting and talking loudly whenever Joe did quieter stuff.  Not just to praise or encourage Joe and the Band but just carrying on loud conversations!  So Joe would be doing something tasty but quiet on the electric, bringing down the volume, and a bunch of guys behind me (and a couple in front) took that as a cue to start yelling to each other about their beer, the song -- just ruined a couple songs for us.  I am all for getting loose, shouting, and letting Joe and the guys know they are appreciated.  But just carrying on loud conversations through the quieter songs was ignorant.  But that aside, this was one of the best Bonamassa shows I've been to of the 7 so far, and the particular band he pulled together here is absolutely first-rate.  No weak links anywhere.

It must have been some show to get 2 new forum members just to post their reviews. ayersdj..we had a thread at one point re: crowd manners...some funny stories..anyway, that why "the shirts" gather early at the front...ABonabaptism for Jeff, hope you get a "proper" show soon. It is one of the upsides to theater venues. Welcome and come back often, Cathy