1 (edited by mickbrooks 2007-08-25 15:20:23)

Topic: The name of the song and make of guitar please?!!

The first two minutes of this YouTube clip - Live in Manchester - Joe is playing a solo that leads into Bridge to Better Days.  Whta's the name of the song and what's the make of guitar he's using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sQlcgcpK60

Many thanks.

Re: The name of the song and make of guitar please?!!

mickbrooks wrote:

The first two minutes of this YouTube clip - Live in Manchester - Joe is playing a solo that leads into Bridge to Better Days.  Whta's the name of the song and what's the make of guitar he's using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sQlcgcpK60

Many thanks.

Great song there!  That's the live version of Mountain Time- VERY different from the original version off SILT... the guitar he's playing is a Gigliotti GT- you can find more about them here: http://www.gigliottiguitars.com/

Hope this helps some,
Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that. I just gotta have one of those guitars. Maybe my wife will fall for the old one about - "If I get that, I'll sell the Gibsons to pay for it" - again? Bearing in mind I've used that one about four times in the last 18 months and I still haven't sold the Gibsons, maybe I need a new cover story!? Any suggestions anyone?

Regards,

Mick

Nope....just buy it!! Where's the harm in it? wink

mickbrooks wrote:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that. I just gotta have one of those guitars. Maybe my wife will fall for the old one about - "If I get that, I'll sell the Gibsons to pay for it" - again? Bearing in mind I've used that one about four times in the last 18 months and I still haven't sold the Gibsons, maybe I need a new cover story!? Any suggestions anyone?

Regards,

Mick

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

gsj wrote:

mickbrooks wrote:

Hi Scott,

Regards,

Mick

Hey- you only live once... spend the money while you can smile

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

I think we have something in common kwsjb... smile

kwsjb1238 wrote:
gsj wrote:

mickbrooks wrote:

Hi Scott,

Regards,

Mick

gsj wrote:

I think we have something in common kwsjb... smile

kwsjb1238 wrote:
gsj wrote:

Thats my motto...

Jane,
I like the song idea. I hesitated to respond to this thread because of the dirt on some consciences around here, BUT...if Mick happens to check back...

Mick,
If you really want that Gigliotti, you need to be creative!  smile 

Random acts of extra kindness go a long way in the whole softening up to the idea of another guitar.  My husband is 51, he used alot of reverse psychology on me mixed with a little guilt.... Not connected to, but dreadfully one of his original guitar buddies had a massive heart attack and is just doing OK...NOT wishing that on anyone, but personally too many people wait until the right time to go places or buy things when they can.  " ...in a New York minute, everything can change..."

If you share chores- take up the bathroom tile without putting something back on her list  (this can be substituted)

Pay a little more attention to her and give her a massage without needing anything in return.
If you never gave your lady the ultimate foot message, learn to or treat her to a some professional spa services, whatever she prefers

The stock market is volatile & unstable, vintage guitars are actually a better investment, especially with all the baby boomers trying to recapture some of their youth. So, you can hold onto the Gibsons if you're really not pressed for the money and have your cake and eat it too, so to speak. Also, let it be known to family/friends for all your upcoming gifts  (holidays, birthdays) you want money towards an awesome Gigliotti. With Joe's rising popularity, the Gigliotti is also a good investment! If you ever consider selling anything...e-mail me ...Christmas is right around the bend...I gave into my hubby's guitar buying habits about 2 years ago...he doesn't have any expensive vices, except guitars and they make him happy! 

I hope you get your guitar eventually and I've entertained you while I pass time elevating and icing my foot!  lol

Jane H. wrote:
mickbrooks wrote:

Hi Scott,

Regards,

Mick

write her a song? or put a little time and effort into something she will benefit from that can only come from you - everytime

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Angela wrote:

Jane,
I like the song idea. I hesitated to respond to this thread because of the dirt on some consciences around here, BUT...if Mick happens to check back...

Mick,
If you really want that Gigliotti, you need to be creative!  smile 

Random acts of extra kindness go a long way in the whole softening up to the idea of another guitar.  My husband is 51, he used alot of reverse psychology on me mixed with a little guilt.... Not connected to, but dreadfully one of his original guitar buddies had a massive heart attack and is just doing OK...NOT wishing that on anyone, but personally too many people wait until the right time to go places or buy things when they can.  " ...in a New York minute, everything can change..."

If you share chores- take up the bathroom tile without putting something back on her list  (this can be substituted)

Pay a little more attention to her and give her a massage without needing anything in return.
If you never gave your lady the ultimate foot message, learn to or treat her to a some professional spa services, whatever she prefers

The stock market is volatile & unstable, vintage guitars are actually a better investment, especially with all the baby boomers trying to recapture some of their youth. So, you can hold onto the Gibsons if you're really not pressed for the money and have your cake and eat it too, so to speak. Also, let it be known to family/friends for all your upcoming gifts  (holidays, birthdays) you want money towards an awesome Gigliotti. With Joe's rising popularity, the Gigliotti is also a good investment! If you ever consider selling anything...e-mail me ...Christmas is right around the bend...I gave into my hubby's guitar buying habits about 2 years ago...he doesn't have any expensive vices, except guitars and they make him happy! 

I hope you get your guitar eventually and I've entertained you while I pass time elevating and icing my foot!  lol

Jane H. wrote:
mickbrooks wrote:

Hi Scott,

Regards,

Mick

write her a song? or put a little time and effort into something she will benefit from that can only come from you - everytime

Angela, My method is to hide and deny any musical instrument purchases. My wife won't buy that investment BS.
The last thing I bought luckly she wasn't home when they delivered it. Didn't have my cover story worked out.
When she does find out about something I don't tell her the truth about what it cost. I just don't hit her too hard when she comes home with a package. Just in case I get busted some day.

Angela, is your foot still misbehaving? Sorry to hear that, now stop marching to Joe and it'll get better smile.

Best Wishes

Geoff

jim- Early on in the marriage, I use to keep some shopping spree evidence in my car until later...it seems the tables have turned here, he's the spender now!!!

gsj-There is no doubt I am under a black cloud of a foot conspiracy...my daughter plays field hockey and came home from practice this morning with a bag of ice on each ankle and my girlfriend called this morning to tell me about how she broke her toe, one in from the baby toe...2 weeks ago another girlfriend broke the same toe on the opposite foot, her niece broke her entire foot jumping off the bulkhead at the beach....We better not even speak...I'll cast my spell across the pond...:lol:

On a serious note, I read how you were playing Sloe Gin in your guitar shop...you were a good bloke to get it bad for Joe...that kind of contagious is good!  Did you ever get your Gigliotti?  Maybe Patrick can start offering a financing plan to acquire his guitars, like a layaway... smile

gsj wrote:

Angela, is your foot still misbehaving? Sorry to hear that, now stop marching to Joe and it'll get better smile.

Best Wishes

Geoff

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

12 (edited by gsj 2007-08-30 19:00:29)

I don't need no bad toe mojo over here Angela smile

I bought a Nik Huber Dolphin guitar...Nik's a luthier from Germany and we stock his guitars....(very expensive, around £2000 and upwards) but sometimes the heart rules the brain and I opened a guitar case and there it was!!!!. The Gigliotti is next on the list....soon I hope.

Best wishes to you and your toes Angela, now put your feet up and take a rest, I'm sure you've earned it.

Geoff

Angela wrote:

jim- Early on in the marriage, I use to keep some shopping spree evidence in my car until later...it seems the tables have turned here, he's the spender now!!!

gsj-There is no doubt I am under a black cloud of a foot conspiracy...my daughter plays field hockey and came home from practice this morning with a bag of ice on each ankle and my girlfriend called this morning to tell me about how she broke her toe, one in from the baby toe...2 weeks ago another girlfriend broke the same toe on the opposite foot, her niece broke her entire foot jumping off the bulkhead at the beach....We better not even speak...I'll cast my spell across the pond...:lol:

On a serious note, I read how you were playing Sloe Gin in your guitar shop...you were a good bloke to get it bad for Joe...that kind of contagious is good!  Did you ever get your Gigliotti?  Maybe Patrick can start offering a financing plan to acquire his guitars, like a layaway... smile

gsj wrote:

Best Wishes

Geoff

gsj wrote:

I bought a Nik Huber Dolphin guitar...Nik's a luthier from Germany and we stock his guitars....(very expensive, around £2000 and upwards) but sometimes the heart rules the brain and I opened a guitar case and there it was!!!!. The Gigliotti is next on the list....soon I hope.

Best wishes to you and your toes Angela, now put your feet up and take a rest, I'm sure you've earned it.

Geoff

Angela wrote:

gsj wrote:

Best Wishes

Geoff

I've heard about those guitars!  How's it play?

Hi GSJ - get the Gigliotti as soon as you can man. They're incredible value at current exchange rates - which probably won't hold much longer. I also have 3 lovely Gibsons (1 an all mahogany Les Paul with 3 Seymour Duncan pups and cream binding which is just beautiful) - but I desperately wanted a G when I saw JB playing in Cardiff last year - so dammit I went and ordered one. Fortunately, I didn't have to use the "I'll sell a Gibson ploy" - I'd already gone and had a heart attack and surgery! Not a plan "B" I'd recommend but hey, I had to get some upside out it. Anyway my G arrived in June this year (took about 6 months overall) and it is simply amazing, beautiful, fabulous - there aren't enough adjectives. The variation of tones, the feel of it, the lovel personal touches that Patrick puts in, and the uniqueness of it just blows me, and everyone who sees it away. It is my pride and joy - and you know what, I'm a crap player (seriously - that's not intended to be false modesty, I am crap) but just to look at my guitars makes me so damn happy and being able to directly relate the Gigliotti to JB (seen him 4 times live now) makes it so much more special. Get one quick GSJ - I guarantee you will never, ever regret it. big_smile

Niks guitars are 100% hand made....no CNC routing. It's my second Huber (had to sell my first one along with some other guitars when money got a bit tight a few years ago) It's probably the best guitar I've ever owned...and I've had quite a few big_smile....it's a Dolphin in Sunburst. I told Nik he should call the colour Tia Maria Burst. It's just about perfect. I think Joe would like Nik's guitars too.

Kevin, my wife never complains when I walk through the door with yet another guitar so I reckon the Gigliotti will be pretty soon. She'll get her own back later though I'm sure smile

Geoff

kwsjb1238 wrote:
gsj wrote:

Geoff

Angela wrote:

I've heard about those guitars!  How's it play?