Topic: Kansas City, MO 11-2-12 Kansas City Music Hall

Here is the link to the set from Kansas City, best viewed as a slide show.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/photogal19 … 3554/show/

Not quite as many photos from this show as St. Louis. The venue had seating all the way up to the stage... Peoples feet were up against the stage, and there were no isles whatsoever! I felt sorry for the people on the ends who had to get up each time someone wanted out of the row for a beer. Not to mention the maze of hallways, stairwells and an elevator ride that took you from side stage to the theater seating. So I found an open spot about 20 rows back where there was an unused opening for wheelchair seating. Myself and 2 other photographers shared a spot of about 4 foot by 4 foot. I don't think my knees have recovered yet, and I am confident the guy in the seat next to me was thinking that I was coming on to him! lol This was by far my LEAST favorite venue to photograph Joe at.

Anyway, enjoy!
~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Re: Kansas City, MO 11-2-12 Kansas City Music Hall

Another set of superb photos, Rhonda, despite the difficult conditions. I particularly liked the shot with a purple hue to Joe's suit - very nice. smile

It's a shame that we probably won't see many of these beautiful vintage guitars on this side of the pond in March, particularly Principal Skinner. sad

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

This group has one of my favorites in it.  Once again you have raised the standards, and I love it.

Just curious - how wide were the "rows without aisles"?  And is that even legal (fire laws)?  The things we do for art.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I LOVE waking up to new shots of Treasure! Thank you Rhonda!!!
Phil, I think that there will be at least one 'oldie' there!

samjp4 wrote:

This group has one of my favorites in it.  Once again you have raised the standards, and I love it.

Just curious - how wide were the "rows without aisles"?  And is that even legal (fire laws)?  The things we do for art.

Sandy

Sandy, the orchestra section was set up like the photo towards the bottom of the web page. I think they had added extra chairs for the first several rows that took out the isles up front. http://www.visitkc.com/convention-cente … index.aspx  All I know is that before the show I was scouting out where to photograph from and noticed that the first row, people's feet were at the edge of the stage riser. I don't think they would have appreciated me sitting on their feet!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

photogal wrote:

I don't think they would have appreciated me sitting on their feet!

~Rhonda

I bet if you offered them a photo of their choice later they wouldn't have minded!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

skamokawa wrote:

Phil, I think that there will be at least one 'oldie' there!

Yep, I'll be there! lol

I have a friend who owns a 1957 PAF Gold Top once owned by Gary Moore and he's said he'd be willing to lend it to Joe for one or more of the London gigs in March.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56