73 (edited by Rocket 2013-01-22 14:01:45)

Re: **Exclusive** Classic Rock Magazine No. 167

Geoff wrote:

I think it's fair to say Rocket, that JamesDenny50's comment is probably borne out of the same frustration that many of us felt when the £1500 VIP ticket went on sale - Potentially locking out all the best seats. It would appear that the "offer" of all the "bolt ons" was not sufficient for it to be taken up in sufficient numbers to fill the Borderline, which is why the tickets for that venue are now being offered at £500 and blocks of seats are being sold at the other venues. It is indeed unfortunate that many big Joe fans were "turned off" by the original expensive offer and still see £500 as being well over the top. As far as Roy's comments in Classic Rock, he is entitled to say what he likes I suppose and it's my guess he has taken some stick for it. Roy "manages" the operation as far as I know, allowing Joe to concentrate on the actual shows and the music. I am not alone here in believing that Joe deserves every plaudit and dollar that he earns, jeez, he has toiled a long and hard road to get to where he is now. My own feeling is that J&R missed a great opportunity to say a big "thank you" to the fans, by zeroing in on the Borderline gig as a true fan show, with the limited number of tickets drawn out of some form of lottery organised on this forum. If fans were travelling in from afar, the chance of a ticket would be enough motivation to get them to buy tickets to the other shows. The Borderline gig will still be some show - just imagine it with a crowd made up from all this lot on here! Just my three penneth - I'm unlucky with Lotteries, so I'll just make do with seeing you all at the RAH - Thanks to Wooders!

My heart sympathizes, Geoff.  It was a horrible anguish to me at first, not so much for myself as for the long time loyalists in your lands (whom are all good friends), such as yourself, but my head has perhaps, seemingly, resolved the warp and woof of the plan...I think it goes over a lot of heads, so, I am not going to give a long winded opinion on why it is in my opinion, a smart move.  I will say don't be so convinced ideas originate only with "R", not with "J"!  Friends tend to have honest relationships that are open to anything.  Why not have 200 late comers who can afford exclusive extravagance?!  They probably would be adversarial if not given a Golden opportunity. Let 'em have at it.  I expect great write ups, schmoozers galore, and perhaps a bit of a hand in ponying up some currency to make further adventures come to fruition...i suppose I could be wrong.

Being spoiled should be a hope, but we teach our children to share after all...

Keep your two cents and I'll take a penny away for my thoughts...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

jamesdenny50 wrote:
Geoff wrote:

I think it's fair to say Rocket, that JamesDenny50's comment is probably borne out of the same frustration that many of us felt when the £1500 VIP ticket went on sale - Potentially locking out all the best seats. It would appear that the "offer" of all the "bolt ons" was not sufficient for it to be taken up in sufficient numbers to fill the Borderline, which is why the tickets for that venue are now being offered at £500 and blocks of seats are being sold at the other venues. It is indeed unfortunate that many big Joe fans were "turned off" by the original expensive offer and still see £500 as being well over the top. As far as Roy's comments in Classic Rock, he is entitled to say what he likes I suppose and it's my guess he has taken some stick for it. Roy "manages" the operation as far as I know, allowing Joe to concentrate on the actual shows and the music. I am not alone here in believing that Joe deserves every plaudit and dollar that he earns, jeez, he has toiled a long and hard road to get to where he is now. My own feeling is that J&R missed a great opportunity to say a big "thank you" to the fans, by zeroing in on the Borderline gig as a true fan show, with the limited number of tickets drawn out of some form of lottery organised on this forum. If fans were travelling in from afar, the chance of a ticket would be enough motivation to get them to buy tickets to the other shows. The Borderline gig will still be some show - just imagine it with a crowd made up from all this lot on here! Just my three penneth - I'm unlucky with Lotteries, so I'll just make do with seeing you all at the RAH - Thanks to Wooders!

Geoff We share the same feeling about the prices and I agree that it should of been just for the true fans. Little sad joe didn't step in and say "we have to lower the ticket price for borderline" this is classic roy, look at the BCC single show prices that was then canceled. It's like he is bullying the fans and fans should open their eyes.

Jamesdenny50, since Joe is busy at the moment. In studio with Beth Hart and rehearsing RCFP show and probably hasn't seen your recent comments. I'm going to do you a favor a get rid of your attacks on his manager. I don't know you so I withhold judgement on your motives for bashing him here. I do however know Roy and I have had my own disagreements with his handling of things from time to time. I don't use this forum to air them however. I have the utmost respect for how he has helped Joe obtain the goals he has set for himself. Roy couldn't do it with out Joe and Joe couldn't do it without Roy. When you attack Roy you also attack Joe because they are on the same page and are J&R. You have something to say to Roy email me and I'll send it along if he thinks your grievances are worthy of reply I'm sure he will. Now I don't often ban members but I will make an exception if you insist on continuing to disparage Roy on this forum.

I'm not going to waste my time on this guy above ... Jim, sort him out please.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Brack wrote:

I'm not going to waste my time on this guy above ... Jim, sort him out please.

Yeah!

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

roll

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Sorry for the delay but the two haters have been dismissed. This topic is done.