Re: Bonamassa Gibson LP BonaBurst Registry serial # "JOE B XXX"

helrazr84 wrote:

They're asking $4,899 for a used one at Guitar Center Houston, TX. Maybe cause of the overly flamed top..?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Us … 2858888.gc

Long live Rock and Roll!

#072 found its new home in Montana.  I was EXTREMELY fortunate to get this beauty for only $3,000.00. I made an offer early in bidding and it was accepted. He was glad to see it go to a good home, and I was thrilled to call it mine. I would not even think of selling this guitar for close to $3,000.00. I will post pics when I am able. BTW it was in "like new" condition with absolutely no wear at all.

blacksheep wrote:

#072 found its new home in Montana.  I was EXTREMELY fortunate to get this beauty for only $3,000.00. I made an offer early in bidding and it was accepted. He was glad to see it go to a good home, and I was thrilled to call it mine. I would not even think of selling this guitar for close to $3,000.00. I will post pics when I am able. BTW it was in "like new" condition with absolutely no wear at all.

Blacksheep, welcome to the Forum, and a big congrats on your new acquisition!  Waiting for your pics.  Enjoy!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

blacksheep wrote:

Awesome and what a GREAT BUY!!!! You're makin' music and money all at once. smile

Indeed, post up and enjoy her. smile

Long live Rock and Roll!

OK, had time to grab a shot of JoeB #072 and his new stable mates. Looking forward to geting to know other owners as it is a great common denominator!

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 … 0c7a54.jpg

Beautiful stable there. Welcome to the forum.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

169 (edited by airportdon 2013-01-14 07:42:50)

Congrats & welcome to the group
Does Number 72 have any flame to her at all ???
(On the original ones some were plain some had some flame)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Thanks Don, glad to have joined. The top does have a nice flame to it. You can see it somewhat in the picture I posted. Lighting is not the best, but you can see it. Overall (as you all already know) a beautiful guitar. A distinct guitar, with a look, feel and sound all its own.

blacksheep wrote:

Thanks Don, glad to have joined. The top does have a nice flame to it. You can see it somewhat in the picture I posted. Lighting is not the best, but you can see it. Overall (as you all already know) a beautiful guitar. A distinct guitar, with a look, feel and sound all its own.

Yes see it now...missed the link.......I see you're a Gibson man there as well......:)  Any old Sg's ???

Hold the phone! Blacksheep, what is that dark LP hanging on the wall? Gold hardware and BLACK binding???

Hahaha.....sorry to disappoint you, but that is simply a 95 LP studio....no black binding. It is the WINE Red version.
Don, I do not have any SGs.  I am a single cutaway guy....as you can tell.

blacksheep wrote:

Hahaha.....sorry to disappoint you, but that is simply a 95 LP studio....no black binding. It is the WINE Red version.
Don, I do not have any SGs.  I am a single cutaway guy....as you can tell.

Ok thx for the reply.....:)

They ALL look great! The Studio looked like a git that I have, a 01 Custom shop Classic from Music Machine.

Thanks! I waited quite a while to pull the trigger on a high end LP. But honestly, when I saw the Bonaburst it was "Game Over"
Now my playing time is split between the LP and the ES Custom.

177 (edited by darth550 2013-01-19 21:16:23)

blacksheep wrote:

Thanks! I waited quite a while to pull the trigger on a high end LP. But honestly, when I saw the Bonaburst it was "Game Over"

I did the same exact thing. I had been looking to get an R9 for about 3-4 months when I happened to see the ebay listing for Joe B 114 at a local dealer here. I was probably the first call they got the next morning and it was here soon after that. 

Such a fricken' no brainer! big_smile

Long live Rock and Roll!

yeah, for me it is kind of funny how out of all the Les Pauls I looked at, it was love at first sight with this guitar. Just something special I guess. Like they say, I did not pick the guitar...it picked me!

179 (edited by darth550 2013-01-23 14:26:07)

blacksheep wrote:

yeah, for me it is kind of funny how out of all the Les Pauls I looked at, it was love at first sight with this guitar. Just something special I guess. Like they say, I did not pick the guitar...it picked me!

While I was in the music store buying 114  there was a guy who was literally following me around for about a half hour throughout all 3 rooms of the store, just waiting for me to put it down. I finally turned, looked at him and told him to FO. The sales guy later told me that he called about an hour later to see if I had bought it.

Long live Rock and Roll!

darth550 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

While I was in the music store buying 114  there was a guy who was literally following me around for about a half hour throughout all 3 rooms of the store, just waiting for me to put it down. I finally turned, looked at him and told him to FO. The sales guy later told me that he called about an hour later to see if I had bought it.

You also had a guy on the phone telling YOU to FO! LOL. All's well that ends well, and it was meant to be. I just got this guitar, and I absolutely love it! Thanks Darth!