Topic: Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown

Have you all pre-ordered their new album that comes out on the 22nd? I got a chance to hear it in its entirety in October and it is simply amazing. I really love going to their shows as well, the bar/small club scene is a lot of fun... Pretty sure I saw them about 15 times in the last year haha.

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Re: Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown

He'll be on tour in Europe ... I wil wait to get the album in April at Bluesmoose Fest in the Netherlands.
From the youtube clips that I've watched I'm really looking forward to see them.

I only just got From The Sandcastle the other day, it's excellent. I will be getting the new album. It gets a great review here http://bluesrockreview.com/2013/01/tyle … eview.html

They're definitely one of my favorite young bands around... And they're all super cool dudes.

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Ditto...Tyler is a very good player & person .....wish him all the best

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Tyler was born in Honey Grove, TX. I lived in Bonham, which is not far from there.

Wild Child is now out and is excellent.  Tyler is another young and extremely talented guitar player.  He plays an outstanding slide guitar.  Proud to acknowledge that he is a Texan who has transplanted to Tennessee.  He has several shows lined up in the States and I will see him in Dallas on 3/9/13.  Check out the album, you won't be disappointed...

jdog wrote:

Wild Child is now out and is excellent.  Tyler is another young and extremely talented guitar player.  He plays an outstanding slide guitar.  Proud to acknowledge that he is a Texan who has transplanted to Tennessee.  He has several shows lined up in the States and I will see him in Dallas on 3/9/13.  Check out the album, you won't be disappointed...

I've got Wild Child ordered and it's on it's way. Looking forward to listening to it.

Murray1903 wrote:
jdog wrote:

I've got Wild Child ordered and it's on it's way. Looking forward to listening to it.

Ditto Murray.

When I first heard about Tyler I was pretty exited, but a few years later the excitement has diminished.  It's not the playing or the songs as they're pretty good.  What has dampened things is his vocals are all sounding the same and he does not have much range to his singing.  It's the same thing with Ryan McGarvey too imo.  Two people that come to mind as having developed into good singers (and exceptional guitarists) are Eric Steckel and Jimmy Bowskill.

I must agree; I really prefer Eric Steckel's singing to almost any of his contemporaries; but I find Ryan's and Tyler's guitar playing to be exceptional/unique enough that their singing does not keep from enjoying them.  I do think that Tyler's vocals have improved nicely on Wild Child as compared to From the Sandcastle.  But his slide guitar is what nails it for me...

I've never see Tyler Bryant live ( he's coming of the of April to The Netherlands) so i cann't say anything about them. But Ryan McGarvey i saw him many times live and he's amazing. Eris Steckel is also amazing espicially now with this band he's touring now in Europe.I saw the Best Eric Steckel this tour.

I had never heard of him till now..   Good to see a youngster throwin down like that!

14 (edited by Murray1903 2013-01-30 17:54:46)

From The Bing Lounge yesterday...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GyTkYCQIyc

Edit-I've just realised it's only one song. They played 4 or 5 songs and there was also an interview.

I'm not sure that we'll have the chance to see Tyler Bryant live in April. Line-up of Bluesmoosefest changed. No Tyler Bryant any longer. Same for the gig at the Bosuil in Weert. Gone. Still hoping to see him live but I'm afraid I have to order the album online.

Love the new album. I think it's excellent. I'm impressed that the band produced it themselves. I think this band has a ton of future promise considering how young they are.

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

17 (edited by Dirtybanjo 2013-02-23 14:12:58)

Just posting to give everyone a heads up, Tyler and the band had a bunch of guitars stolen in Washington (I think) a few weeks ago including the pink strat that Tyler is always playing. If anyone knows anything i'd contact the band.

-Jake

Been having a sneaky listen to Tyler & Co's new album on download - loving what I'm hearing; the grit of Guns'n'Roses and the determination you hear from early Bon Jovi well blended.
More to say when I get the physical copy in the ol' bacon-slicer....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...