Re: The Stefan Hauk Band

congrats to you Stefan, another step in your meteorical climb. I can't wait to hear it, sure it will be worth all of $10. I don't have an idea for the title, sorry.
Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

A pressed CD these days also speaks to quality studio production.  I've purchased commercial CDRs before, but it's usually left me thinking amateur production.  Anyone can put out a CDR, but to me a serious artist offering is pressed.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Thanks guys!

Will definitely look at the costing for pressed vs CD-R.... Because I'm spending my Dad's money and repaying him as we go my real goal is to break even....

That's a good point Stefan.  You do need to carefully consider the business side.  Don't be reckless early on or there may be no later on.  Pressed is a nice to have, but I'll be supporting either way.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

stefanhauk wrote:

I'm spending my Dad's money...

I'm sure you'll ultimately pay him back but also sure he's enjoying the ride anyway. Very close friends of mine over the years that I've played with or worked with are parents of members of some Aussie bands (which you may have heard of) Baby Animals, Angelas Dish and October Rage and I know their side of it!

(Boring you may say and after a day's consideration...) as a debut I see nothing wrong with the thread title 'Stefan Hauk Band'

No album title suggestions here, either.  But looking forward to upcoming news and eventual availability of the release.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

stefanhauk wrote:

Thanks guys!

Will definitely look at the costing for pressed vs CD-R.... Because I'm spending my Dad's money and repaying him as we go my real goal is to break even....

...most sure in the future you will more than break even,and what your Dad receives in return,money could not buy! wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

http://youtu.be/4Y9CCCzdhd0

Hey guys, here's a video from a gig on Saturday night the Spud-a-licious Benefit for Cancer Concert at the Clovercrest Hotel. This is the first time I've played with my own band playing my own songs. This song is a blues tune I wrote called Forevermore, I hope you all enjoy it!! smile

All the best from Australia,

- Stefan

Great job Stefan, nice tone!

-Jussi

Women, whiskey and miles of travelin' is all I understand

scorpion-70 wrote:

Great job Stefan, nice tone!

-Jussi

Thanks heaps Jussi! Doing my best!

All the best,

- Stefan

Nice stuff, Stefan. Just great! smile

shadowblue wrote:

Nice stuff, Stefan. Just great! smile

Thanks buddy! smile

Great start Stefan. Love it.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Vocals reminded me of Jeff Healey.  I enjoyed the song.

Great stuff as we have come to expect. Thanks. cool

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Thanks you heaps guys!! smile

Really means a lot,

- Stefan

Great song Stephan!And a great performance!a tip  to the band,love the keys too.Just awsome!You are really doing great!I will say again your vocals have improved as well.Your lookin sharp too(JB influence?)

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I'm lucky they're a great band!!

And you got it.... I'm trying to be somewhat classy hahaha!!