Re: Jim Moody aka jim m

This is my first post, and I am a great fan of Joe B. I've seen Joe in concert in K.C. MO. and own many of Joe's Cd's, DVDs and Joe's guitar gear. Recently, I bought 2 Red screaming guitar straps, they are quality products and are not cheap in cost; my only hope. Is in the future that they may-be "made in the good old USA just like Joe B." So we Americans can carry on and hold our heads up high with our finest artist making their products and great music in America....."Semper Fi"

Hi Jim
I am from Okie City also. I saw Joe for the first time back in 2006 and I knew as you said, he was going to be a legend some day. And in my opinion, he is becoming just that. A legend.
First saw him in 2006 at "The Stage" downtown Oklahoma City. You were probably there that night. I was also at his Civic Center Sold Out Concert of April of this year. And I was at the not-so-sold out Civic Center Concert in 2010 and Rose State in 2008. You were probably at those shows also. It warmed my heart to see he had SOLD OUT! I was so excited for him! First time I have seen him sell out and it was a great show, as usual.
Thanks for sharing your story. It was heartwarming to read. Joe has a good fan in you!

Inluvwithjoe wrote:

Hi Jim
I am from Okie City also. I saw Joe for the first time back in 2006 and I knew as you said, he was going to be a legend some day. And in my opinion, he is becoming just that. A legend.
First saw him in 2006 at "The Stage" downtown Oklahoma City. You were probably there that night. I was also at his Civic Center Sold Out Concert of April of this year. And I was at the not-so-sold out Civic Center Concert in 2010 and Rose State in 2008. You were probably at those shows also. It warmed my heart to see he had SOLD OUT! I was so excited for him! First time I have seen him sell out and it was a great show, as usual.
Thanks for sharing your story. It was heartwarming to read. Joe has a good fan in you!

Thanks. Welcome to the forum. As Joe said at the last Civic Center Concert he feels the love in Oklahoma City. Joe has passionate fans in Oklahoma statewide. There are not that many represented on the forum. Thanks for making  me feel like I'm not alone around here.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am glad Okies have such great taste in music.
I did hear him say that at the Civic Center appearance this past April. I also knew he had come here long ago and received a warm welcome. Makes me proud of Oklahoma. He is such a great talent and deserves only the best.
Again, thanks for the warm welcome Jim m. Hope to see you at the Bona-Vegas VIP party!

Hi Jim~ Lindy here~I would like to give away my two3rd row center seats for the Hawaii show this Sat.   I know it's late, but I just am not able to make it~and I would love to give them as a gift to a Joe Fan.  I can fedex them over night, but I don't know where on the forum I should post this??   

jim m wrote:

Hello to all JB Forum members and guests. I’m Jim Moody aka jim m. I have been posting on the forum for quite a few years the last couple as a moderator. I am a participant here mostly, only moderate part time. 

If you are new to the forum and wish to post you will have to register. If not then just observe as a guest till you get to know us better and whenever you are ready we would love for you to participate. You’ll find that this is the place to look for any news concerning Joe.

Whenever you are ready take the time to introduce yourself and start your journey with Joe.  He routinely reads the posts and chimes in from time to time. A lot has changed but Joe remains the same. He loves to keep in touch with his fans.

Keep looking at the bright side~~ Lindy

Lindy Lu wrote:

Hi Jim~ Lindy here~I would like to give away my two3rd row center seats for the Hawaii show this Sat.   I know it's late, but I just am not able to make it~and I would love to give them as a gift to a Joe Fan.  I can fedex them over night, but I don't know where on the forum I should post this??   

jim m wrote:

Hello to all JB Forum members and guests. I’m Jim Moody aka jim m. I have been posting on the forum for quite a few years the last couple as a moderator. I am a participant here mostly, only moderate part time. 

If you are new to the forum and wish to post you will have to register. If not then just observe as a guest till you get to know us better and whenever you are ready we would love for you to participate. You’ll find that this is the place to look for any news concerning Joe.

Whenever you are ready take the time to introduce yourself and start your journey with Joe.  He routinely reads the posts and chimes in from time to time. A lot has changed but Joe remains the same. He loves to keep in touch with his fans.

In the Marketplace or Shows and Set lists. I would post on Facebook as well if you have an account. Or I can post it there for you. Sorry you can't make it.

welcome

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I am new here and just wanted to say that I just found Joe's music and it really is awesome! :emb

seldomscenehere wrote:

I am new here and just wanted to say that I just found Joe's music and it really is awesome! :emb

Welcome, seldom, nice to have you here!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome also seldom. Enjoy the good company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome seldom!

Alan

I'm a newbie here, and have a confession to make. I initially heard of Joe many, many moons ago, when he was touted as a youngster guitar prodigy. Since I was myself a guitar player, and living in California at the time, my thought was, "So? There's a kid like this playing Van Halen and Randy Rhodes solos in every music store around these parts." May the good Lord above forgive me for my jaded ignorance. smile

13 years today since the first live show. I have since lost count.

32 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-05-11 22:55:42)

A Happy Lucky 13 to u Jim!! .. and to another 13+ more.

Thank u for your efforts in making the JB Forum a great gathering ... of great fans ... of a great artist!

Always enjoy your insight ... and your sharing of personal details from the early days.

Congrats!!

Sam

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

jim m wrote:

Ah, yes, losing count...but you never forget your first! big_smile

Keep Rock KIN OWN & Keep The Original, Virginal Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

jim m wrote:

Happy anniversary Jim!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Well done Jim. You are the glue that holds this thing together. What a string of shows!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

36 (edited by jim m 2016-03-05 09:18:59)

In May 2002 after seeing Joe for the first time I ventured to Jbonamassa.com to check his tour schedule and found my way to the then antiquated forum. Joe posted somewhat regularly under the pseudonym Opie. I registered as Andy of Mayberry just to continue the Andy Griffith theme. Joe’s dad even posted back then. When I realized Joe already had a dad and maybe proclaiming myself as the Sherriff of Mayberry I was being a bit pretentious, I re registered as jim m.

The original forum for those of you that remember it was the Wild West and not very user friendly and the only contact with Joe’s management was Joe. During that first year I like many of you became obsessed with my new found discovery that awoke the love of music in me again. I traveled to many nearby states to get to witness the birth of a legend. In those days you even got to help set up and grab a beer at the bar with Roscoe, Kenny, Eric and even Joe. I was surprised that he even knew me by my handle from the forum.

Having already written about the history I have with Joe I’ll keep this to forum history. As Joe’s popularity grew and more people began to post there appeared some strange personalities with some argumentative qualities I will just say. I’m not naming any names, but it just seemed that the old forum was ill equipped to handle the chaos that sometimes ensued. It definitely kept things interesting in hindsight but not without a bit of unnecessary drama. Phil Cornell and I proposed moving to another platform which is the current platform we know today. It had the ability to moderate and with a few simple directions and basic rules we proceeded to try and take control of the mayhem. This was all in April 2006. Nicki Joe’s original Webmaster took on the task and this forum was born.

It is now March 2016 just a few weeks shy of ten years since the inception of the new forum. Over those ten years I have checked in at the very least twice a day and sometimes many more  depending on what potential problems might surface. Occasionally when out of town I might miss a day or two but always would try to keep up with things since the volume of posts could be overwhelming if they accumulated for a few days. Even though there were not as many members they seemed overall more active.

Things have changed as of late one being the office admin has recently upgraded the platform to control the spam bots. Something we had hoped for because the last few years that is really the only thing I needed to take care of day to day. The forum community really made the talk of keeping things civil easy. There has been the occasional dustup but none in recent memory. One other change has been removing me as moderator. Which was a bit of a surprise simply because of no explanation, but after sleeping on it I realized it was for the best. It is time for me to just be a contributor and fan. As Joe’s growth has continued exponentially it is time for the office to have control over the content without my interpretation of policy which I’m sure isn’t always in line with management. Joe has an army of office personnel and a Social Marketing department and I have always said this was Joe’s original Social Marketing tool. 

I just ask that the presence and contribution of Joe’s team, which has always been desired here truly is committed to guiding this forum and take an active role here. Get to know the people, understand their needs and make decisions on the direction this platform takes. It has always been a resource and a history of the evolution of Joe’s career. I’m just going to return to my role as a participant and provide content and discussion that might be interesting and keep people informed when necessary as well as provide opinion and answers to any questions my experience might allow me share. I’m no longer moderator but I’m still jim m.