Re: Afterglow

bonawho59 wrote:
DaveWammbarro wrote:

You'll get this thread closed down...

Why? There's nothing negative in that link.

Man, they got to the best part at the end of the interview, dang.

Andy Fraser, gave him permission to play Bass like he does.  YEAH BAAAAAAABYYYYYYYY!
I would so love to hear more about Andy's influence on him.  .

HA! HA!  FREE one of his Favorite Bands!  Man I sure would love to see him and Andy Jam.

They need to do some big British Blues Festival.  With John Mayall. I'd love to see Andy and John together again.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:
bonawho59 wrote:
DaveWammbarro wrote:

Andy Fraser, gave him permission to play Bass like he does.  YEAH BAAAAAAABYYYYYYYY!

HA! HA!  FREE one of his Favorite Bands!  Man I sure would love to see him and Andy Jam.

They need to do some big British Blues Festival.  With John Mayall. I'd love to see Andy and John together again.

Andy & Glenn played together at the recent Jim Marshall tribute gig in London. They were due to play a Free song but I have no further info.

gary wrote:

Thabks Kenny Nice to read reviews of Afterglow,Keep em coming

I'll keep looking Gary, I'm sure a few more will pop up as the release gets nearer. Classic Rock mag will have one in their edition due this week but I might just paraphrase if its long.

bonawho59 wrote:
DaveWammbarro wrote:

Thanks for posting that.Loved the interview.Seemed pretty harmless.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I think Joe's POV has been stated clearly enough.  Stay away from the "dark side", and no need for the conversations to deteriorate or threads to get nuked.  And although Glenn pitched his desire that BCC would tour to promote the album, I agree that he didn't dwell on it. 

I got a chuckle out of the "Don't rappel down my drain pipes" line.

BCC's music stands on its own...no drama required--even if the music (and the drama) aren't for everybody.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

24 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2012-10-02 23:43:58)

Kenny wrote:
The RiverCat^-^ wrote:
bonawho59 wrote:

Andy & Glenn played together at the recent Jim Marshall tribute gig in London. They were due to play a Free song but I have no further info.

Winner! Winner!  Chicken Dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right Sir big_smile

Looked it up and found the clip.  I am going to post it in the Marshall Concert Thread.  Cmon follow me there Kenny!  Andy looks great big_smile

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Webisode 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_J0wY4K … e=youtu.be

The song at the start reminds me of Tom Sawyer...

I'm hoping someone screws up and ships my pre-oder copy of Afterglow about two weeks early.  These webisodes are just killing me.  I like every thing that I have heard and I'm cranking Confessor daily.  Hurry up end of October!

The song during the webisode recap was so decieving!

I thought it was Fire and Water at first. Awesome!!!

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

My new Classic Rock Mag arrived this morning.
The BCC - Afterglow - Reviewed - a glowing review by one, Malcolm Dome
The new album received 8/10 star rating.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Brack wrote:

My new Classic Rock Mag arrived this morning.
The BCC - Afterglow - Reviewed - a glowing review by one, Malcolm Dome
The new album received 8/10 star rating.

I know Malcolm very well. He must be impressed!!

Over at Glenn's site there is a link to a recording of Eddie Trunks Radio show where he played " This Is you Time " from Afterglow.

Absolutely fantastic, groovy melodic rock from what I have heard already sound like its gonna be there best to date by far!! Great Band.

http://backstageaxxess.com/backstage/CD … on-CD-2012

Great review of Afterglow, sums it up!

Mark3 wrote:

http://backstageaxxess.com/backstage/CD … on-CD-2012

Great review of Afterglow, sums it up!

Another great review!And the comment at the end sums up what every fan of BCC is feeling.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Not too sure if I've seen the 2 disc special edition contents on here? Found this on Amazon Germany.

Disk: 1
1. Big Train
2. This Is Your Time
3. Midnight Sun
4. Confessor
5. Cry Freedom
6. Afterglow
7. Dandelion
8. The Circle
9. Common man
10. The Giver
11. Crawl

Disk: 2
1. The Making of "Afterglow" (45 Min/6 Chapter exclusive) (DVD)
2. Afterglow (Studio Video) (DVD)
3. This Is Your Time (Studio Video) (DVD)
4. Confessor (Studio Video) (DVD)
5. Midnight Sun (Studio Video) (DVD)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Well the way I look at topics here is on this forum should be used to discuss all things Solo band and the music of BCC..... A great band with a good record coming out in October.  Fortunately there are many places that discuss the Joe/Glenn soap opera that Glenn has created over the past two months... This is just not one of them.. As a responsible shop keep I would be remiss in my duties.

I appreciate the understanding on this manner...  Censoring it is not but I will not let this deteriorate to a Glenn bashing or a bashing of myself,  again there are plenty of places for that in the new Darwinism of the modern day internet ... I have too much respect for the band to let that happen. 

Joe Bonamassa

"Not only am I the president, I am also a client... " Sy Sperling

Love the last line Joe

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Europe has a CD/DVD exclusive?  JB store seems to be 1 disc only.  Amazon US, same thing.  But Amazon.co.uk offering 2 disc version.  Looks like I need to order from UK?

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster