Re: Performance enhancing drug use

Absolutely!

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:
Rocket wrote:

I supported the A's when they had less than 5,000 fns and THOSE were the funnest games!

Glad to see you agree.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

56 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2007-08-10 18:44:27)

Jane H. wrote:

neat doormat for baseball fans http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whato … s_srm.html

Jane, you're always amazing at what you can find.  Thanks for the site, lot of interesting items.  That Home Plate is very clever.  I also see they have some Head Bangers for you Jane.  Just take it easy on him as you both Rock out to Burning Hell smile

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

The fact that anyone is currently singing Barry Bonds praises makes me want to puke!
The following link leads to a column by sports columnist Rick Telander that sums up the feelings of a lot of people (myself included):
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/telander/index.html
(click on the article "Bracing for the big embrace")
Among other things, Telander says "When society continues to muscle out sportsmanship and decency, how long until a scoundrel such as Bonds is accepted as a hero?"
Another quote: "Sadly, I can see the cultural evolution is already in gear, feel the incessant grinding away at the cornerstones of society, those things known as sportmanship, dignity, humility, fair play, civility and class". 
This is a very well written, interesting article. If you're a sports fan or interested in the issue of performance enhancing drugs, I recommend reading it.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Huzzah!! smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

GET OVER IT FOR CHRIST'S SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Focus on love, peace, and happiness. IT'S ONLY A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free Your Mind & The Rest Will Follow,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Dawg, Sportswriters, Sports "Caste"ers are the biggest bunch of weinies since the Blue Meanies.  And you guys, I don't hear any flak about Musicians who have had well publicized drug induced problems including "heroes" with things form jail, abusive relationships, & death.  I agree get over it! I can get over anything.  I only thought it was my body and odors that made people want to puke...

ohiodawg13 wrote:

GET OVER IT FOR CHRIST'S SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Focus on love, peace, and happiness. IT'S ONLY A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J Dawg

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

Dawg, Sportswriters, Sports "Caste"ers are the biggest bunch of weinies since the Blue Meanies.  And you guys, I don't hear any flak about Musicians who have had well publicized drug induced problems including "heroes" with things form jail, abusive relationships, & death.  I agree get over it! I can get over anything.  I only thought it was my body and odors that made people want to puke...

ohiodawg13 wrote:

J Dawg

listen to all you people who are stuck on this enhancing drug use . i am having a bbq all the people who are stuck on this are invited . the only catch is that you have to be naked and eat atleast a 1/8 of shroomssss then after the night is over let me know if you still care about drug enhancing in sports . i guess will be not .......joe

62 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2007-08-11 18:38:21)

I don't see how eating Portabellos is going to change my outlook on this.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Now that is funny!

joebeacon wrote:
Rocket wrote:

ohiodawg13 wrote:

J Dawg

listen to all you people who are stuck on this enhancing drug use . i am having a bbq all the people who are stuck on this are invited . the only catch is that you have to be naked and eat atleast a 1/8 of shroomssss then after the night is over let me know if you still care about drug enhancing in sports . i guess will be not .......joe

Hey, if you're bored with this topic, it's really easy to get over....just say no!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

BluesMan wrote:
joebeacon wrote:

Hey joe,

Does this mean that the Street Team get together with Joe and the band that you're trying to arrange is going to be an all "naked" affair? I mean, I'm OK with it, but I'm not sure I want to meet you all for the first time with my johnson hanging out. After all, someone could trip and get hurt....................................LOL!!

How's that for changing the subject??

Roy

lol . thats funny but i will spare everyone and we all can keep out cloths on for that .....

It's not just a game anymore. It's a BIG business. We as a society have taught our children to worship sports personalities. Heroes are supposed to be people that make the world better, be it within our families or communities. Like it or not Barry Bonds will always carry this cloud over him. Doesn't it lessen the thrill of competition? When I watch the Olympics (which I adore), I'm not as trusting of the results...I would just like to see a true, level, playing field. By the way..you CAN worship Cal Ripken Jr....he was appointed to be a US Youth Ambassador and will be going to China.........Cathy

The Special Olympics are the one true bastion of a level playing field-and for all the right reasons too.

cathysiler wrote:

It's not just a game anymore. It's a BIG business. We as a society have taught our children to worship sports personalities. Heroes are supposed to be people that make the world better, be it within our families or communities. Like it or not Barry Bonds will always carry this cloud over him. Doesn't it lessen the thrill of competition? When I watch the Olympics (which I adore), I'm not as trusting of the results...I would just like to see a true, level, playing field. By the way..you CAN worship Cal Ripken Jr....he was appointed to be a US Youth Ambassador and will be going to China.........Cathy

Bluesman,

I'm sorry for the post.  I deleted it.

I guess I was uncomfortable about where you and Joe Beacon might be going with what you were talking about and just thought it belonged somewhere else.