Re: What song are you listening to right now?

I listen to that disc almost daily. See what you started Shredster!!! Jane have you got into the copy I sent you yet? I really dig Funk #48, Hand Me Down World, and the Uriah Heep tune.

All Covered Up,

J Dawg

"I was stealin' when I shoulda been buyin'".............The Heep

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

susan wrote:
Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Kenny Wayne Shepherd "Ledbetter Heights".

I must admit I've not heard KWS before and that's been my loss. This is some good sh*t.

Hey Nancy,
"Ledbetter Heights" was my first KWS cd.  I just saw them back in May for the first time and I loved them more than I thought I would. They were touring with a few of the artists on the 10 Days Out cd/dvd (which I bought and love).  But, I just wanted to say, I find myself listening to their "Trouble Is" cd alot.  If you haven't heard that one, you might want to check it out.  Alot more good sh*t.  At least, I think so.

Oh, I'm listening to "(Long) Gone" KWS.

Susan wink

I've got Trouble Is next on the list. If it's as good as Ledbetter Heights, then yes...good sh*t. big_smile Thanks!

I'm just saying.

blu69cam wrote:

All right everyone laugh if you want but I still like their old stuff.

The Bee Gees......Words

Paul

oh, that's just wrong. LOL big_smile

I'm just saying.

"Riley B. King" off of Robben Ford's new one "Truth."  It's a really strong album.  And that creamy tone on "Moonchild Blues" is classic Robben.  I think it's his best work since his Blue Line days, and maybe ever.

ZZ Top - I Thank You

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

"Sloe Gin"...just listened to the album version, now listening to the  earlier version w/Doug Henthorn on vocals, sans police sirens. Both are amazing, and I'm still stunned every time I listen to either one.

Nightwatcher's House Of Rock
http://nightwatchershouseofrock.blogspot.com/
Now featured on Planet Rock, The Chicago Sun Times and The Mog Music Network
Also featured on antiMUSIC's RockNewsinfo at http://www.antimusic.com/rocknews/

the dude wrote:

"Riley B. King" off of Robben Ford's new one "Truth."  It's a really strong album.  And that creamy tone on "Moonchild Blues" is classic Robben.  I think it's his best work since his Blue Line days, and maybe ever.

Just got it today. Preordered on Amazon. It has some good stuff on it but I definately prefer Blue Moon. His last album that came out in 2003 I think is better too. Keep on Running. Still like it though. It is #20 on Amazon right now which is amazing. Would be surprised if when Sloe Gin is released that it doesn't make the top ten.

The World Around You - Papa Roach

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

pcornell wrote:

The World Around You - Papa Roach

Nice call Phil, Papa Roach are home grown boys from Vacaville, Ca. just up the road from Benicia. It's just about the halfway point between Shred and I, just a few min. from Winters where we hooked up 2 Sat.'s ago to hear Joe Louis Walker. Jermaine Dye of the White Sox is a Vacaville homey too. Vacaville, home of the onion festival every Sept., it's enough to bring tears to your eyes and usually does!!!

Think Green,

J Dawg
PS The home run record is now 757!!!!

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

jim m wrote:
the dude wrote:

Just got it today. Preordered on Amazon. It has some good stuff on it but I definately prefer Blue Moon. His last album that came out in 2003 I think is better too. Keep on Running. Still like it though. It is #20 on Amazon right now which is amazing. Would be surprised if when Sloe Gin is released that it doesn't make the top ten.

Interesting, Jim.  I liked Blue Moon but didn't really care for Keep on Running (I thought the vocals and production were a little weak in places).  Just goes to show that taste is an individual thing.  I think we can both agree that Robben puts on a great show live, though.  And seeing him is the reason I got introduced to Joe's music, so I'll always be grateful for that, too.

Keith wrote:

"Sloe Gin"...just listened to the album version, now listening to the  earlier version w/Doug Henthorn on vocals, sans police sirens. Both are amazing, and I'm still stunned every time I listen to either one.

Whoa, what?  I never heard about a version of Sloe Gin with Doug Henthorn.  How'd you come by that, Keith?  I like DH's voice, but I can't imagine his version is better than Joe's having heard it on the Bob Harris show.  Sloe Gin seems like it was made for Joe and his vocal qualities.

the dude wrote:
Keith wrote:

Whoa, what?  I never heard about a version of Sloe Gin with Doug Henthorn.  How'd you come by that, Keith?  I like DH's voice, but I can't imagine his version is better than Joe's having heard it on the Bob Harris show.  Sloe Gin seems like it was made for Joe and his vocal qualities.

Amen. Please don't let other people do the vocals Joe. I know I would've liked Tea for One much better if you sang it.

the dude wrote:
jim m wrote:
the dude wrote:

Interesting, Jim.  I liked Blue Moon but didn't really care for Keep on Running (I thought the vocals and production were a little weak in places).  Just goes to show that taste is an individual thing.  I think we can both agree that Robben puts on a great show live, though.  And seeing him is the reason I got introduced to Joe's music, so I'll always be grateful for that, too.

I find the production or the over all sound of this album is one of the things I don't like about it. Over saturated bottom end. Like they were going for a raw sound. It isn't all like that though. It is still worth it for Moonchild Blues which has long been performed live. I have been a fan of Robbens since Talk to Your Daughter and saw him for the first time when he toured with Jonie Mitchell. I like the album it just won't be one I leave in the player for weeks at a time.

Jane H. wrote:
Dean wrote:

Coming home from Nico's swimming lesson, we were listening to Around the Bend, Black Night, Jelly Roll and Richmond  from Joe's CD Sloe Gin.  Nico loves the new version of Around the Bend. smile

there is no smile for the gesture i would like to send you right now Dean

I'm listening to Judas Priest - Troubleshooter

Hi Jane-

The offer is still on the table!!

Dean

Re-post.  My message got deleted by accident.

Coming home from Nico's swimming lesson, we were listening to Around the Bend, Black Night, Jelly Roll and Richmond from Joe's CD Sloe Gin.  Nico loves the new version of Around the Bend.

Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Kenny Wayne Shepherd "Ledbetter Heights".

I must admit I've not heard KWS before and that's been my loss. This is some good sh*t.

send me your address - ive got a present for ya wink

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

So does Nico need a Karoake player now???

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Dean wrote:

Re-post.  My message got deleted by accident.

Coming home from Nico's swimming lesson, we were listening to Around the Bend, Black Night, Jelly Roll and Richmond from Joe's CD Sloe Gin.  Nico loves the new version of Around the Bend.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

72 (edited by Rocket 2007-08-10 16:59:26)

Hmmm everbody always finds something to fault with Robben, even his best fans! :-/
I like this CD, Blue Moon was good, Keep On Running was good, Supernatural was good, the long ago stuff was good, the Bloomfield tribute I love...,etc.  Check out the Solo/ Outro on"Nobody's Fault But Mine", sounds like Joe( Edit add on: Moonchild Blues solo too)?!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

jim m wrote:
the dude wrote:
jim m wrote:

I find the production or the over all sound of this album is one of the things I don't like about it. Over saturated bottom end. Like they were going for a raw sound. It isn't all like that though. It is still worth it for Moonchild Blues which has long been performed live. I have been a fan of Robbens since Talk to Your Daughter and saw him for the first time when he toured with Jonie Mitchell. I like the album it just won't be one I leave in the player for weeks at a time.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”