Topic: Some Peso Dude-Ripoff!

Hi my name is Don, I live in Las Vegas. Has anyone else been suckered into trying to buy any picks made from pesos from this guy, Some Peso Dude, in Austin? I've been trying to get my picks from this jerk for about five months. I've called him no less than eight times, and gotten every excuse under the sun. Ready to pusue other means of getting them. Ready to file with BBB and FBI. I think this is a scam.

Re: Some Peso Dude-Ripoff!

been going on a long time
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=7580

Re: Some Peso Dude-Ripoff!

Jane H. wrote:

been going on a long time
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=7580

Man oh man, you have a memory like a steel trap Jane. That was a fun thread.
Love the avatar.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

4 (edited by Rocket 2012-08-23 14:50:22)

Re: Some Peso Dude-Ripoff!

vegasdon wrote:

Hi my name is Don, I live in Las Vegas. Has anyone else been suckered into trying to buy any picks made from pesos from this guy, Some Peso Dude, in Austin? I've been trying to get my picks from this jerk for about five months. I've called him no less than eight times, and gotten every excuse under the sun. Ready to pusue other means of getting them. Ready to file with BBB and FBI. I think this is a scam.

And you brought this to the attention of the Official Joe Bonamassa Forum crowd as your first post, registered today, why???!!! 

I really hope it is because you have been reading this forum in the wings for quite a while, and thought we could help you.  That would be great!  But, unless or until you say something positive about Joe Bonamassa, I will have my suspicion you may be  associated with the pick prick because "any advertising is good advertising"....  Read my words carefully!  Are you with US (we can pat you on the shoulder and say here, here, it's gonna be ok, we try to skewer this guy once and for all one way or another) or not? 

Further descriptions and details of your frustrations are most welcome.  As is a general introduction (we have an Introductions category wink ) of all about yourself you wish to tell us.  Peace.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Some Peso Dude-Ripoff!

Just read the old thread... what a laugh! Especially because the website doesn't work.

If you can't be arsed to read the thread. The basic jist of it is that it takes a bloody long time to get a single pick out of the guy but he can deliver eventually.

For the record I don't know how the **** phatphil managed to hold out that long!!

6 (edited by Rocket 2012-08-24 01:45:45)

Re: Some Peso Dude-Ripoff!

Lukelele wrote:

Just read the old thread... what a laugh! Especially because the website doesn't work.

If you can't be arsed to read the thread. The basic jist of it is that it takes a bloody long time to get a single pick out of the guy but he can deliver eventually.

For the record I don't know how the **** phatphil managed to hold out that long!!

Don't you find it odd that phatphil lasted 5 months of posts and that more than a third of them were about the damn picks.  Also odd, pesopickdude's "introduction" the words (all caps, mind you roll ) ...ALL YOU HAVE TO LOSE IS TIME (no kidding there roll ) Phatphil (never said where he was from, but I suspect- TEXAS!) had the closing words "So long, and thanks for all the fish".  Yeah, it smells fishy all around.  To me at least. I'd rather make or even buy a guitar pick out of folded paper towels than check into these.  Joe ever gets sponsorship for them, I WILL change my mind. 

For now, I concur with VegasDon, it is a SCAM.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

i recommend this topic be sent to Old Topics

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Some Peso Dude-Ripoff!

Rocket wrote:
Lukelele wrote:

Just read the old thread... what a laugh! Especially because the website doesn't work.

If you can't be arsed to read the thread. The basic jist of it is that it takes a bloody long time to get a single pick out of the guy but he can deliver eventually.

For the record I don't know how the **** phatphil managed to hold out that long!!

Don't you find it odd that phatphil lasted 5 months of posts and that more than a third of them were about the damn picks.  Also odd, pesopickdude's "introduction" the words (all caps, mind you roll ) ...ALL YOU HAVE TO LOSE IS TIME (no kidding there roll ) Phatphil (never said where he was from, but I suspect- TEXAS!) had the closing words "So long, and thanks for all the fish".  Yeah, it smells fishy all around.  To me at least. I'd rather make or even buy a guitar pick out of folded paper towels than check into these.  Joe ever gets sponsorship for them, I WILL change my mind. 

For now, I concur with VegasDon, it is a SCAM.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

i recommend this topic be sent to Old Topics

I could be wrong, but I don't think there was anything wrong behind Phatphil's posts.  Hopefully he was just trying to get something he paid for.  But it's good to be cautious.

I doubt most people here are going to look into these picks further with what was said in the thread.  I think most people know here that was not good business.  It was good it was brought to the attention of people so they don't get ripped off.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol