Topic: Question about his Amp & Distortion Pedal

Hey Joe, you're one of my guitar heros.

I was watching your Live @ Rockplast DVD and saw that you were playing through Marshall combo instead of Budda or Silver Marshall heads.  Am I mistaking it with your back up amp or you were actually playing through Marshall combo amp?  If so, what model of Marshall was it?

One more question!  What pedal did you use for distortion?

I'm trying to get the sound just like "A new day yesterday" and "Blues Deluxe" in that DVD!
Thanks for your help & lesson and see you in US tour!

Re: Question about his Amp & Distortion Pedal

i know joe doesn't use distortion pedals extensively. he likes to let the amps "do thier thing". the amp looks like a bluesbreaker combo.

hope this helps.

"I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress."
-Ronald Regan-

on thte HTCT tour, he had a million pedals on stage.  I think he only used the leslie, delay, wah, and green line6 delay/swell.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

For Rockplast Joe was not using his full rig- until very recently he only used 2 amps while in Europe as opposed to 4 here in the states... he doesn't really use any distortion pedals- mostly he uses a boost or he does use a TS-808 or a Reverand Drivetrain... I'm pretty sure through the whole video he has the marshall going- then when it gets a bit brighter is when he kicks in the Budda... for BD he also turns on the Carl Martin Hot Drive n' Boost when he gets more overdrive...

Hope this helps,
Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128