Topic: NGD: The One has arrived...

When I first experienced Joe's music (the RAH video) back in December 2010, I had only been playing again for a few months after not having touched a guitar for more than 25 years.  Not long after seeing the video (and finding this forum), I embarked on a quest to find a very special guitar that I hoped I could eventually get Joe to sign.  As things developed, I kept putting a dent in the fund I set aside for this purpose for other things I couldn't resist (my Epi JBLP, which I am also hopeful of getting signed later this spring, the "Titan" litho, the "Soliloquy" litho, etc.).  I had also drastically underestimated the scarcity of the guitar I had in mind...

More than a year of online trolling later, I had only found a couple of them, and lost out on both. I had just about given up on ever finding what I wanted when I decided to try one more type of search. Lo and behold, within two days I had found someone who had one for sale, at an agreeable price, in minty condition. We worked out the logistics (he lives in LA), and this afternoon FedEx delivered my birthday present to myself (albeit about three weeks late)! And she's even more beautiful "in the wood" than in the pictures I'd seen...

I know it is customary in these types of posts to say what the "NG" in one's NGD is, but in this case I'm going to keep that to myself for awhile. I know Joe reads the Forum, and I want to see his reaction when I bring her to the meet-and-greet at his Omaha show next month.  Don't worry, I'm sure there will be pictures taken, and I shall post them tout de suite when there are...   wink

In the meantime, I attribute this happy ending to Guitar Karma (my belief that we wind up with the guitars we're supposed to have). It's also why Joe has two '59 Lesters...   big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Re: NGD: The One has arrived...

A cryptic post indeed!

Oh you tease...

4 (edited by DaveWammbarro 2012-03-10 08:26:03)

Flying V?
Musicman Doubleneck?
Candy Blue LP?
Bigsby LP?
Musicman AL?
Musicman Baritone?

Coach305 wrote:

When I first experienced Joe's music (the RAH video) back in December 2010, I had only been playing again for a few months after not having touched a guitar for more than 25 years.  Not long after seeing the video (and finding this forum), I embarked on a quest to find a very special guitar that I hoped I could eventually get Joe to sign.  As things developed, I kept putting a dent in the fund I set aside for this purpose for other things I couldn't resist (my Epi JBLP, which I am also hopeful of getting signed later this spring, the "Titan" litho, the "Soliloquy" litho, etc.).  I had also drastically underestimated the scarcity of the guitar I had in mind...

More than a year of online trolling later, I had only found a couple of them, and lost out on both. I had just about given up on ever finding what I wanted when I decided to try one more type of search. Lo and behold, within two days I had found someone who had one for sale, at an agreeable price, in minty condition. We worked out the logistics (he lives in LA), and this afternoon FedEx delivered my birthday present to myself (albeit about three weeks late)! And she's even more beautiful "in the wood" than in the pictures I'd seen...

I know it is customary in these types of posts to say what the "NG" in one's NGD is, but in this case I'm going to keep that to myself for awhile. I know Joe reads the Forum, and I want to see his reaction when I bring her to the meet-and-greet at his Omaha show next month.  Don't worry, I'm sure there will be pictures taken, and I shall post them tout de suite when there are...   wink

In the meantime, I attribute this happy ending to Guitar Karma (my belief that we wind up with the guitars we're supposed to have). It's also why Joe has two '59 Lesters...   big_smile

ok what exactly is it?

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

If I guess correctly, will you tell us? smile

Based on your reference to "two", I'm guessing a Gibson match to your Epi!

kestrou

See, the thing is, I thought for a long while whether I should put up the original post in the first place.  Eventually, my NGD euphoria overtook my good judgment!  wink

Didn't really mean to seem coy, and really didn't mean the original post to spark a plethora of speculation.  Just wanted to share as much of my excitement with y'all as I could without spoiling the "surprise" moment I've been imagining in my head all this time.  Sounds goofy, I know, but there you go...

The least I can do under the circumstances is give the contestants thus far a respectful reply, so:

DaveWammbarro wrote:

Flying V?
Musicman Doubleneck?
Candy Blue LP?
Bigsby LP?
Musicman AL?
Musicman Baritone?

No, hell no (at my age, I'm lucky to be able to stand up with one guitar around my neck!), no (but not a bad guess, those are awfully rare), no, no (those things are ubiquitous) and no...   big_smile

cindyron wrote:

ok what exactly is it?

You really thought I'd fall for that...  wink

kestrou wrote:

If I guess correctly, will you tell us? smile

Sure.  On April 27th, the day after I get Joe to sign it for me.  Before then, not so much...   cool

Again, ladies and gentlemen, I apologize for piquing y'all's curiosity unduly.  When I get to tell the rest of the story, I'm sure you'll understand. In the meantime, may I suggest scrapbooking, philately, or perhaps sudoku to pass the idle hours?  Or maybe just a rippin' good debate on the relative merits of rosewood versus maple fretboards?  big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

We all know its a BC Rich Warlock..

My guess is a Squire Affinity Strat.  jk

AD3THREE wrote:

My guess is a Squire Affinity Strat.  jk

Thats what I had Joe sign when I met him.