Topic: That's how my Line6 sounds - videolink

Hey there,

We have played a support slot for Michael Katon last month and took three videos...
If you want to check them out go to:
www.myspace.com/thirdreunionmusic

Just click on videos below the bandfoto...only the song Early Grace was from another gig a year earlier.

I guess you will get a good impression on what the Line 6 Flextone III XL sounds like in a live situation. We have not miked the amp but used the XLR out which simulates a SM57 micro. I have used the Marshall Silver Jubilee Model with a 4x12 Greenback 20 box. The Wah you hear is the Line6 wah and my guitar is a Fender USA Vintage 1962 Strat with Texas Special PUs.

I think you will hear the sound best on the track "Without you".

Over the last time I was not much satisfied with my amp and I still tend to sell it as soon as possible to get a tube amp, but I think that the sound on the video is okay...

Would love to hear your opinion on the sound and maybe on the music.

By the way, do you guys think it would make any sense to put a Fulltone OCD in front of the amp to get a let say warnmer sound?

Re: That's how my Line6 sounds - videolink

Hello, just watched the video and it not bad at all, infact it is very good, the recording is a bit dodgy, but at least we can hear what's going on.
The Line6 amp sound great, pretty authentic Marshall-Strat sound.
Personally, I have never really got on with line6 gear, I have tried a good few amps/pods, but have never managed to get them to sound as good as others can, must be me.
Good luck with future ventures.

Jon

Crazy old Scottish person, still playing, still learning.