Topic: The Cellar in Struthers,Ohio

My wife and i had the opportunity to go to the show at The Cellar in Struthers,Ohio on June 15th.This was our first time to see Joe.We were really impressed.The show was great and the people were really into the moment.Love the new song Sloe Gin and can't wait for the new album to come out on August 21`st the day after my birthday.also can't wait for the show in Cleveland at The House of Blues in November.Thanks for a great night of music.

Re: The Cellar in Struthers,Ohio

crazyirish69 wrote:

My wife and i had the opportunity to go to the show at The Cellar in Struthers,Ohio on June 15th.This was our first time to see Joe.We were really impressed.The show was great and the people were really into the moment.Love the new song Sloe Gin and can't wait for the new album to come out on August 21`st the day after my birthday.also can't wait for the show in Cleveland at The House of Blues in November.Thanks for a great night of music.

Hi crazyirish69,
Welcome to the forum.  Sounds like you got it bad, just like the rest of us.  After seeing Joe play, you're already planning to see your next show.  I think it's called bonaddiction.  smile
Glad you had a great night. 

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Yes we do and it just gets worse according to the summer concert schedule in Ohio.No Allman Brothers,B.B. King,Widespread Panic or Robert Randolph And The Family Bands tour dates for Ohio at all.These are the shows that usually come to Clevland and are not coming at all this summer.What a long hot summer thhisw si going to be.

Hi Crazy...and welcome to the forum. Like Susan said..You're hooked! If you can't find good live music, try checking postings from your local Blues Society or Blues Festival Guide. com. If no luck, and you're brave, go to the Other Artist section and discover a WORLD of great music. Be forewarned..time and money are at stake!!! LOL Cathy

crazyirish69 wrote:

Yes we do and it just gets worse according to the summer concert schedule in Ohio.No Allman Brothers,B.B. King,Widespread Panic or Robert Randolph And The Family Bands tour dates for Ohio at all.These are the shows that usually come to Clevland and are not coming at all this summer.What a long hot summer thhisw si going to be.

There are some other fun shows coming to the Cleveland area this summer;

Armstrong Bearcat Band  June 23  Cleveland Grand Prix
Walter Trout  July 18 - The Winchester, Lakewood
Kelly Richey  July 20th   Rally In The Alley, Medina - nice outside evening event.
Frank Marino  July 27th  House Of Blues
Vicious Cycle  Aug 11th  Lorain
Armstrong Bearcat Band  Aug.31  Rockin On The River, Cuyahoga Falls [near Akron]

Bob

Bob wrote:
crazyirish69 wrote:

There are some other fun shows coming to the Cleveland area this summer;

Armstrong Bearcat Band  June 23  Cleveland Grand Prix
Walter Trout  July 18 - The Winchester, Lakewood
Kelly Richey  July 20th   Rally In The Alley, Medina - nice outside evening event.
Frank Marino  July 27th  House Of Blues
Vicious Cycle  Aug 11th  Lorain
Armstrong Bearcat Band  Aug.31  Rockin On The River, Cuyahoga Falls [near Akron]

Bob

You know?  I saw Kelly Richey years ago at a club in Altamonte Springs, FL and I've been waiting for her to come back ever since.  If she did make it back, I missed her, but if you get a chance to hear this lady play, you should definitely check her out.  You will not be disappointed.

Susan

7 (edited by susan 2007-06-20 08:59:40)

Hey Bluesman,

I'm not that familiar with all of her music.  She has quite a few albums out beginning in 1994 and like Joe, has been putting one out almost every year.   I've been listening to her "Speechless" cd and I love it. 

She plays a little harder blues and sounds a bit like Janis Joplin.  I remember she just blew me away when I heard her live.  You can listen to some of her stuff  by clicking in the upper right corner on her website.  Let me know what you think.

http://www.kellyrichey.com/html/

Susan

BluesMan wrote:
susan wrote:

Hey Bluesman,

She plays a little harder blues and sounds a bit like Janis Joplin.  I remember she just blew me away when I heard her live.  You can listen to some of her stuff  by clicking in the upper right corner on her website.  Let me know what you think.

Susan

Susan,

Fabulous music! I've always been partial to the down and dirty blues style, and it appears that she can really lay it down. You know what, as I listen to her music why does Walter Trout come to mind? Some very similar styles of playing a Strat, and along with Joe, Walter is one of my favorites on that type of guitar. She's also got a very good voice......you're right a little like Janis. Thanks very much for expanding my knowledge of her. I guess I'm off to order a couple CD's.

Roy

Hey Roy,

The "Speechless" cd is mostly instrumental.  If you want to hear vocals, you may want to look into something else.  She is just really fun to see live.  Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab8St0qZuD8

Susan

Roy:  I'd recommend "Just Won't Burn" which features a rather young Jonny Lang on lead guitar.  I saw her open for Los Lonely Boys last summer and she put on a good show, though I wasn't completely floored, but she is very talented.  Hmmm..maybe I can hook ya up.

Carl

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

susan wrote:
BluesMan wrote:
susan wrote:

Hey Bluesman,

Susan

Susan,

Fabulous music! I've always been partial to the down and dirty blues style, and it appears that she can really lay it down. You know what, as I listen to her music why does Walter Trout come to mind? Some very similar styles of playing a Strat, and along with Joe, Walter is one of my favorites on that type of guitar. She's also got a very good voice......you're right a little like Janis. Thanks very much for expanding my knowledge of her. I guess I'm off to order a couple CD's.

Roy

Hey Roy,

The "Speechless" cd is mostly instrumental.  If you want to hear vocals, you may want to look into something else.  She is just really fun to see live.  Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab8St0qZuD8

Susan

Hey Susan, thanks for the link. I'll be looking her up if she gets to the Chicago area.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"