Topic: Top 100 Guitarist list. Really?

How is everyone?First off, if this topic is somewhere else I apologize, I did try to find it. I recently went through the list of Top 100 Guitarists and I am a bit dumbfounded. No I'm not here to tout Joe as the best ever or something like that. But we all know he belongs on this list. It just seems to me that a lot of the players are voted more for the Bands they are in than actual playing. Maybe longevity and the bands have something to do with the voting process, but there are at least 3 that aren't on the list at all. Yes Joe being one of them. I know these lists always spur some discussion and I'm wondering what anyone else thought of The List. The way I see it, there are 100 Top Ten Guitarists.

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

Re: Top 100 Guitarist list. Really?

Hey Stepchild, good to see that you're still here! I guess that you missed out on the lengthy discussion of this subject, so I'll point you in the right direction and then move this down to 'Old'.

I first reported this outrage here - https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=19472

Then, Joe made his own list, resulting in a much bigger topic here -  https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=19474

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Re: Top 100 Guitarist list. Really?

Thanks for setting me straight on this subject Amster! Joe's list made me literally smile.."That's more like it."
We can always add a few here and there 100A  etc. Also nice to see the shows in New England in May. Yea sure something else to make the winter drag! tongue

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."