Re: Wet jacket

No offense, but this topic is getting a little gross

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

...hey Gary don't go all wet on us bud!  wink   lol

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Pete The Cabby wrote:

...hey Gary don't go all wet on us bud!  wink   lol

I won't.Just nobody mention body odor please. tongue

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

This topic is all wet... roll

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

happy memories of being covered in Angus Young's sweat when I was 14!  hmm He moves around a bit more than Joe, - not saying that Joe does not move, just that Angus runs around like a demented school boy....which is his act and has done him proud for over 30 years!

Stage lights are just so damn hot, just standing still would make you perspire, - credit to Joe for always coming out properly attired.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

jmac wrote:
wharris wrote:

Stage lights put off an incredible amount of heat. Strap an 8-9 pound guitar on and give it everything you've got for a couple of hours...presto!

Yea, but this was after 10 minutes.

Are you offended or something GA boy? Girl?  That's where my people are from, BTW.  Why are you still banging on this?

I'd like to see you give us a proper intro over in the proper thread to receive a proper welcome.  Hey y'all were that prawper enough?  Jmac, this is NOT aimed at you.  I'm poking fun at a third party who is often more concerned with being officious at the cost of making sense.

But to you.  Tell us about you.

acresoflove
FDOL

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

I think you're all overstepping the mark!  wink

It's just an occupational hazard and one which I think Joe is dealing with by wearing darker suits. This is a shame in my opinion as the lighter suits are much better for photos. The darker materials just look like a piece of felt in poor lighting when using a compact.

Here are some I took of Joe wearing a light grey suit and they are far superior to those I've taken at recent shows when he's worn darker colours.

Set 1 That's LynB and Laurence in the first shot. smile

Set 2 Getting warmer

Set 3 by this set Joe is feeling the heat and strips off.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

26 (edited by jmac 2011-11-22 10:46:17)

bigjeffjones wrote:

Why are you still banging on this?

because I wanted to know.

bigjeffjones wrote:

Done, in Introductions forum.

wharris wrote:

Stage lights put off an incredible amount of heat.

This is something that a lot of folks who've never been on a real stage don't appreciate. Just in my piddly little high school auditorium the wattages for our stage instruments range from 500-1250, and there are a total of 42 of them that can be on at any given time.  It gets warm up there during a performance, and I would imagine it is warmer still in a professional venue with more powerful lighting instruments...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

jmac wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

Why are you still banging on this?

bigjeffjones wrote:

Sorry, but no, you didn't.

We're a friendly, but also nosey bunch around here, which means that we really look forward to little details like, male, female, young, older, old, studying, etc. See? Your introduction mentioned absolutely nothing about yourself as a person. Now, if you have reasons why you prefer not to divulge anything about yourself, that's fair enough - just say so and no one will bother you with any further questions, there is certainly no requirement to do so.

Maybe have a look at some of the other introductions and see what kind of details about themselves people feel comfortable about posting.

In any case, welcome.  wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I recall Joe in a dark velvet jacket last year in 100 degree heat. He was wringing wet at the end of a short set. I don't know how he does it. We were wilting in the audience.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

A two page thread on perspiration?!  That being said, you could keep French fries hot under stage lights.

Wooders wrote:

by this set Joe is feeling the heat and strips off.

Phil

That's how I can get my wife interested in Joe's concert's  lol

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

For this show, the weather that day was : slightly overcast and a high of 75-ish.  Beautiful weather.
The evening was slightly humid, and calm, maybe 55-60 degrees outside.

Joe wore a grey suit, white shirt. We could tell the honest effort that went into this show into the third or fourth song.
Our Joe- THE Doggone'd hardest working musician out there is going to sweat!
There's no pansy schmansy "glistening" folks.  Nope, his soul reaches out and that is SOME WORK!!

Someone needed to walk up to the stage and hand him a long, cool, fresh bottle of chilled water to sooth the burn!
Never a lack of effort from Joe and the guys at all.  Like I said- no pansy-schmansy "glistening" there.  Believe it.

"...Through fires, revolutions, dust storms and conclusions...."

GET "Driving Towards Daylight" HERE : http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1529
Got JBXP? Sign up, Get a free compilation CD, and say Hi... :  http://jbxp.net/signup?ref=46

Jane H. wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:
jmac wrote:

Sorry, but no, you didn't.

We're a friendly, but also nosey bunch around here, which means that we really look forward to little details like, male, female, young, older, old, studying, etc. See? Your introduction mentioned absolutely nothing about yourself as a person. Now, if you have reasons why you prefer not to divulge anything about yourself, that's fair enough - just say so and no one will bother you with any further questions, there is certainly no requirement to do so.

Maybe have a look at some of the other introductions and see what kind of details about themselves people feel comfortable about posting.

In any case, welcome.  wink

if 2,3, 4, or 48 of my friends in Jonesville (out of 50) are noesy little ^&**( and like to know details like that I can't say we all do....
its off topic but i do know fans who do like to have the freedom to post here without saying more than they are a fan of Joe. Introductions are up to the individual completely. typically sharing one tends to stave off assumptions about a post's intent but it doesn't change the meaning of assumption IMHO  neutral

Jane Dear, that's what he said.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

I find it rather odd that this thread about Joe sweating  sad   is happening and a thread about Joe's welfare was  considered intrusive and bore a lot of controversy.  A thread dedicated to Joe's sweat????  Personally, if that was me and my sweat was being discussed at great lengths, I would be embarassed.  Just my opinion..........

pattyluvs  cool

I'm with you, Patty.

jmac wrote:

I saw JB in concert last night in Savannah.  (I saw him for the first time in Jacksonvile last year.)  By the third song I noticed that the shoulders and back of his jacket were completely wet.  Does he sweat that much on stage?

No, he doesn't. Joe has a sprinkler system installed in the back of each of his jackets. It's controlled remotely by a timer system offstage, or can be turned on/off manually by Joe's guitar tech. It's used to keep Joe cool under the hot lights.
I heard that these will be for sale shortly in the JB Store.

ken wrote:

No, he doesn't. Joe has a sprinkler system installed in the back of each of his jackets. It's controlled remotely by a timer system offstage, or can be turned on/off manually by Joe's guitar tech. It's used to keep Joe cool under the hot lights.
I heard that these will be for sale shortly in the JB Store.

lol   lol   lol

Post of the week, thanks Ken!  cool

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith