Re: Overstepping The Mark

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww! Wah uhnt that nice?!   smile
BAH!   mad  I disagree with everyone completely!  lol  lol  lol
Music IS is an obsession!!! Yes. 't is.

It's not?  neutral
Oooopsie!  tongue
Why do I always have to be different?!  hmm
't's all good, everyone is cool.   cool  Just don't say Joe Bonamassa sucks here.  Or anywhere, to me, or where I'll find out.  You'll be overstepping the mark, mark my words...  roll

Come on people now, smile on your Brother, Everybody get together, Try to love one another right now, Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Opinions are a worldwide obsession, and the world is filled with...holes disregarding the facts  wink
...Try to love one another right now, (right now)  big_smile
Great post and follow-ups

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Jane H. wrote:

Well Greenose, I think i get some of what you are saying and i think i read at least most of the posts in that one thread that got deleted. I saw it actually the same way I think Bluesman was saying. I just took it as genuine concern, not telling Joe what to do and definitely not in any way indicating it was the only thing one has to worry about. in fact i think the posts following the original one in that thread did indeed make it seem as if something else was originally said, for whatever reasons.... plus it was no where near the first time something similar has been said.
I admit I am a 'mega' fan or what have you but concern for Joe's well being is also a concern for the continuation of the music and the man we care about and appreciate, so yeah that is about the music IMO in many ways.

I will dwell on it a bit more but honestly the way I read your beginning post in this thread was more overstepping the mark than what i think you were talking about. Where is the mark BTW?......  roll  I missed the meo apparently. I also realize that maybe i misinterpreted your intent. it happens to me and just about everyone here and i work on not doing it but i know it still happens. i am sorry for it.

I also know Bluesman has gotten labeled off forum even by me in the past. I got to know him better and also I have learned more about how some of that came about and I do believe there is a little bit of hater jealousy behind it with a large helping of embellishment to feed it - not by anyone posting here necessarily but i know there has been ^&^*( said about him behind his back that may have influenced the replies he got, maybe not... So its hard to look at that thread for exactly just what it was because Roy has been backstabbed and bad mouthed off forum before so its hard to know if the thread would have gone the same way if someone else has started it saying the same thing. just how i saw it....Thats loaded and it is old off topics news but only said to try to help make a point. there are a few who have a distinct opinion of some of us based on other's misreading their intent. It really bugs me to think Joe might not then read as objectively as possible because of it which could affect his opinion of any of us. so in some ways what you warn about could actually part of what caused your warning/request/analysis in a way. just one way to look at it. I wouldn't even mention anything here if it didn't seem like you were specifically calling him out.

I realize you are talking about many things here but the only thing that i am fully agreeing on is that we should all cut each other some slack if that was part of what you said. I am doing my best to look at your post as what you said,' not intending to offend anyone 'but somehow it didn't exactly sound welcoming to new posters particularly.
i dunno.......still not making a judgement here on what you said but i do feel it was important to defend the one thread, the rest of it is not specific enough for me to be able to be sure enough of what you really mean to comment.
just my opinion thus far, please ask me for any clarification before making any assumptions about what i said. I don't think its fair for any of us to influence Joe's view of any of us or our posts by how we may have read or misread any negative intention. I have been guilty and have been victim and its a mission of mine to try to minimize that when I can./ i feel this thread warranted a bit of defense. forgive me if i am wrong. i am always learning.

Joe if you read this, you know who luvs ya most wink     tongue

anyone - please email me to discuss if you want. i do want to learn and i do want to always be better/ find better ways but i also won't let my friend get mislabeled even if he can handle it.

Hi All
I and probably and many others did not read the original post. But after reading everything here I think I do not need to know.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Duncan, thanks for having the stones to say what really needed to be said around here. Joe's a big boy and can take care of himself people.....so let him! Being a fan isn't a bad thing, but fanaticism is creepy.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

22 (edited by gsj 2011-11-21 05:27:18)

Jane, this thread shouldn't exist because we're not here to worry about the welfare of a grown man who is quite capable of looking after himself. The 'mark' is the difference between appreciating the music and becoming obsessed, from being a fan and from being a fanatic. It's the difference between being concerned about the things that we struggle to have control over in our daily lives and from being concerned about someone who isn't physically a part of those daily lives. I'm amazed that some people can't tell the difference - I'd have expected it on a Michael Jackson forum, but not on here.

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Jane H. wrote:

but he also doesn't need his fan family unecessarily attacked like this in my opinion. Joe if you think its ok then please say it and I'll hit the road like the others this thread has turned off.
I say fan family because Joe has referred to us as his family before.
anyone new or lurking, please don't let this discourage you from making a post to Joe.....

I honestly don't see Joe's "fan family" being "attacked" by anyone, Jane. What I see are adults voicing their opinions in a restrained way about the limits, or boundaries, (if any) of expressing their feelings about Joe. I think that such a discussion is valid, and I, for one, don't think any more or less of any of my Bonabuds for expressing their views. There are no absolutes here, unless Joe wishes to establish them, since this is, after all, his forum. Nothing is black or white. Chill, my friends. All is good.

I also don't believe for a minute that we have lost existing or potential members because of this discussion. But hey, that's just my opinion.

next.....  wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

24 (edited by bigjeffjones 2011-11-21 07:18:07)

Let it die please.   smile   It is entirely subjective and personality driven.  Duncan has stated his preferred guidelines.  Some agree.  Some don't.  Where he sets the mark might not be where I would set it.  AND where anyone sets it for themselves might not be where they would set it for me.

"Oh well that's different..."      cool      JaneDear, would you email me please?

alloutalove
bjeffj

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Amsterhammer wrote:

I also don't believe for a minute that we have lost existing or potential members because of this discussion. But hey, that's just my opinion.

next.....  wink

I was about to reply to this point myself, but Amsterhammer's beaten me too it! smile
My post is not directed a new fans drawn here by Joe’s music and I would certainly not wish to dampen their enthusiasm in any way. Rather as I mentioned it's at some of the older and more established fans (who really should know better) who have, in the eyes of quite a few of us appear to have taken their appreciation of Joe a little too far into his personal life. Infact in the months I lurked before joining the forum this was an observation that actually put me off becoming a member. We all have the right to a private life and just as we’d not like people to discuss aspects of our own lives, we have to respect Joe’s in the same way. Let us remember we want him to continue posting here, which appears less likely if we are talking about him in an intrusive manner.

I don’t claim to know Joe at all, but I have one time witnessed an incident when one forum member did clearly annoy him by being overly familiar. As for a marker or a line, well the subject matter should generally be music related. Overall, I think that’s something to be self policed by each person, hopefully we can all think about how we can tone it down a little. gsj sums it up pretty well actually. We can all can imagine what we don’t like discussed about ourselves, so let’s try to use that principle towards Joe as well. Thanks

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

Duncan:
You said all that already.  You also said it, as if your preferences should be guidelines for all.  I don't mind discussing someones open heart surgery.  Maybe you do.

Let us remember we want him to continue posting here, which appears less likely if we are talking about him in an intrusive manner.

That statement oversteps the mark.  It makes no sense.  Some forum member could make Joe stop posting on his own forum?  Tut tut young fellow.  You haven't lived long enough.

Harrumph
Dr. Jones

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

When I read the subject line of the thread in question, it didn't interest me, so I didn't read it...isn't that why the subject line is there??? wink

I have to admit, I do like the drama...sometimes it gets a little slow around here.  tongue

bigjeffjones wrote:

Let it die please.   smile

Amen, I say Amen again! wink Thank you Big Jeff for saying something that truly makes sense. I think this thread has served it's useful purpose and now, would like to suggest and recommend that the originator delete it. Having this type of discussion sitting on the forum might in fact put off some current and future forum members. So, I say let's let rid of it.

One more thing....Ken, your statement of, "I have to admit, I do like the drama...sometimes it gets a little slow around here. tongue ", nearly made me up-chuck my morning Cheerios all over my lap! THAT was truly funny! lol

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Ken,

If you need some drama, I'd be happy to share some of mine.   big_smile   I've had enough drama happening in my life in the last three days to last me a good year, I'd be happy to give some away.  lol

Greenose,

YOU'RE BACK!!  Just couldn't stay away from us Joe addicts huh?  big_smile Sending Bonalove across the pond to you!  cool

ken wrote:

When I read the subject line of the thread in question, it didn't interest me, so I didn't read it...isn't that why the subject line is there??? wink

I have to admit, I do like the drama...sometimes it gets a little slow around here.  tongue

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

The guidelines for posting are clearly stated in the stickie at the top of General Topics:   https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=807    For a previous discussion re this forum:   https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 32&p=1    Unless Management and/or Joe states diiferently, there are no restrictions on Topics.. As I stated in the previous, deleted, thread the best advice is to skip the threads you find distasteful. Ex: I don't think Joe needs us to tell him how to run his business
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=7857  but it's well written, as per guidelines, and the discussion includes a Mod commenting on Joe's need for a vacation. Invasion of privacy? No. I say let this die. To any newbies, feel free to gush all you want including how good JB looks smile he's worked hard to get there.     Cathy

Greenose,

You opened the box, for the good of forum I suggest you now close it or this will run & run

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

Hmmm...a family whose members are squabbling amongst themselves?  Must be Thanksgiving...    lol

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Maybe it's just part of being a language pedant, but I really dislike seeing things being deleted unless absolutely necessary. If Duncan feels like deleting his own topic, fine.

If not, here's what I suggest. It's now nearly 6 pm CET, almost noon EST. I propose to close this topic at midnight CET, 6 pm EST and move it down to 'Old'. If you feel that there's something you want to get off your chest before then, please feel free to do so. If you want to tell me that you think my idea sucks, please feel free to do so.  wink

I agree that otherwise this will just run and run and some people will be unnecessarily upset.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

34 (edited by BluesMan 2011-11-21 12:06:26)

That's a very good idea George!

Guess that's what I should have done with my thread then, others would know what the initial thread was about. Although, I don't have the ability to close it and move it to another section.

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Good points from all directions. I'll hold with if you don't like it don't comment. Sometimes there are posts that seem intended to quash a particular post thread or throw a bad light on it. We all have bad days, why share a funky mood?
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Now you've done it.  Now you've overstepped the mark.  Funk DEMANDS to be shared.
lol
Of all the unmitigated gall...

MuchOver it
bjj fdol

cool

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms