1 (edited by JBrules 2007-06-06 15:37:10)

Topic: Bullrun Tavern

HI Folks, Great show last nite @ the Bullrun in Shirley Ma. We met the whole band before the show,even got to say hi to Ricks girlfriend /wife ( sorry I forgot ) in Australia as he talked to her on his lap-top. The venue is old "circa 1740" (Paul Revere slept there) It was dinner table seating and just about anywhere was a good seat. Joe and the boys started things off with a bang " Bridge to Better Days " and the crowd was rocking . Joe looked loose while working his magic and Carmine ,Rick and Bogie made it all gel. For me "Highlights" of the show were.. the new rocker "Sloe Gin"_ The acoustic "High Water Everywhere"_ZZTOPS "Just Got Paid"_ "Dazed  cool      and Confused"_ and the encore " Asking around for You" with some nice keyboard playing                                                                                                            My friend "Red" a first timer to a Joe show was amazed and still smiling today .He brought his guitar and got it autographed by Joe and Carmine. He couldn't believe how nice the band/fans were.          The venue was nice ....the food /drink was good ..... the music was great, now we look forward to Berklee/Boston in Nov.  ....JBrules /Paul

Re: Bullrun Tavern

Hey Paul, sounds like another great show and venue.  How long was the show and did they play "One of These Days"?  It's really something to see others reaction to seeing Joe for the first time...

Music is good for the Soul...

Hello everyone! Great show as always. High H2o Everywhere done acoustic was awesome. Did anybody else notice Joe changed some lyrics on that song? I believe the New Orleans reference was changed? We had two 1st timers at our table that really enjoyed the show. I turned to them after Blues Deluxe and they were showing signs of already being "Bonamitized" The new band members were excellent. Keyboards add a nice base and there's nothing like the sound of a Hammond organ. Bass player Carmine is awesome. Trying to plan a trip to Arlington, TX in Oct for the SRV remerberance ride concert.  Jeff/Sterling, MA

Thanks for the stories. Sounds like a perfect venue for a "family" gathering. WARNING! Bonamania has been known to cause normally sane men to travel continents for a "fix"......Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Thanks for the stories. Sounds like a perfect venue for a "family" gathering. WARNING! Bonamania has been known to cause normally sane men to travel continents for a "fix"......Cathy

Don't remind me Cathy, Im in cold turkey now, "Sure got it Bad".....

6 (edited by farve4 2007-06-07 09:47:01)

can anyone help with the setlist   like to know what the names were to the last 3 songs

Welcome farve4. Check the threads for prior shows and you'll find the names..Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Welcome farve4. Check the threads for prior shows and you'll find the names..Cathy

thanks,  been searching but cant seem to find, I think I know the names but want to be sure, its for my recording

Check dazee's review from the Birchmire..sorry for my poor cyberskills. You can also check Bonablast..but it was a festival and was a shorter set...don't worry, there are alot of smart people here who will help...Cathy

this was our 2nd JB show at the Bull Run in shirley Ma
joe and the band were rockin it out   it was  "wicked pissa"!!!!!!!!!!!! 
can't be soon enough again.

nancy from fitchburg

farve4 wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

thanks,  been searching but cant seem to find, I think I know the names but want to be sure, its for my recording

This is the setlist played in SLO.  From some of the posts I've read, it seems he sometimes doesn't play the last song "One of These Days" at some of the shows. 
Hope this helps.

Bridge To Better Days
Walk In My Shadow
Blues Deluxe
Mountain Time
Burning Hell
Another Kind of Love (new)
Sloe Gin (new)
Highwater Everywhere
If Heartaches Were Nickels
Woke Up Dreaming
Django
Just Got Paid
Asking Around for You
One of These Days(new)

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Susan Thank You.... that  was  the  exact  set list for the(6-5-07) Shirley Mass. show, and what a show it  was. When the doors were opened to the wedding reception like room, Joe was sitting at our table mellowing out, after  the sound check.  He was extremely friendly, actually thanking us  for  coming to the  show. HUH? I  thanked him for  his tremendous guitar playing, and wished  him a "good   show". This  was  my second time, last being in 11-06 in Newmarket NH at  the Stone Church. The  highlights  of  this performance were  "Blues Deluxe" "Django" and  "Sloe Gin", which featured  Joe perched atop the monitors within 4 feet of us. Like others in New England, cant  wait for  the  show in October.

Thank You for Some Absolutly Great Music, Joe

farve4:  Any chance you'd be willing to share copies of your recording?  I have probably 20-30 Joe shows from over the last few years I'd be happy to trade for it if it's listenable.

Post a reply here or drop me an email through the link on the forum if you're interested.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Anyone with pics from this show?

DonR

I photographed the show.
I forgot how much I dislike their red lights from last trip there.

Have a great set of Bogie, Rick was in the dark all night.
Will try to post gallery soon.

Here is a stage shot;
http://www.fotopete.com/concerts/br201lr.jpg

Looks like a smaller venue.  Too many red lights for sure Pete...

Hi All,

I am not sure if the set list is totally accurate, but Farve4 has posted a recording of the show from Bull Run on dimeadozen. I have downloaded it, but have not had a chance to give it a listen yet. As noted in the thread at the beginning of this subject group you do have to be a member to download, but the membership is free. There is good information on using bittorrent sites in the thread also.

It will be great to hear some of the new stuff before the new CD comes out in August.

Nothin' but the Blues