Topic: Welcome back Aynsley Lister!!!

I know, he didn't go anywhere. But, the last few CD's didn't give me what I heard in the first nor what I saw live. "Tower Sessions" has renewed my faith! I guess it's proof that I prefer live recordings. I'm getting very tired of "nice" songs. So I'm very happy. I highly recommend this one!!!!    Cathy

Re: Welcome back Aynsley Lister!!!

I think it´s his best album so far.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

A rocking live album from Aynsley Lister.
Good choice of songs and a great sound. And thanks to Marco wonderful pictures of the band.

Friday it's time to fresh up my live experience  lol .
Aynsley Lister & band will play in Übach Palenberg (near Aachen very close to the Dutch boarder).
A great start into the weekend.

Blues Sissi wrote:

A rocking live album from Aynsley Lister.
Good choice of songs and a great sound. And thanks to Marco wonderful pictures of the band.

Friday it's time to fresh up my live experience  lol .
Aynsley Lister & band will play in Übach Palenberg (near Aachen very close to the Dutch boarder).
A great start into the weekend.

Have a great time Sissi - I have to wait a little longer to see Aynsley - but it's always worth the wait!

For anyone interested, Aynsley has more dates in Europe this month.
Details are reproduced below, together with his UK tour dates for November/December.
If you've not seen Aynsley live yet - don't hesitate - a great show is always gauranteed!

•    15th October, 2010 DE 52531 Übach-Palenberg, Aachen  @ Tatort
•    16th October, 2010 DE 38100 Braunschweig  @ Barnaby's Blues Bar
•    18th October, 2010 CZ Jablonec nad Nisou  @ Klub Na Rampa
•    19th October, 2010 CZ Ceske Budejovice  @ Highway 61
•    20th October, 2010 AT Rankweil  @ Altes Kino
•    21st October, 2010 CH Sempach  @ Bierhaus
•    22nd October, 2010 CH Dietikon  @ SoundDock
•    23rd October, 2010 DE Seidenroth  @ Eulenspeigal
•    05th November, 2010 UK Lichfield  @ Guildhall
•    06th November, 2010 UK St. Helens  @ The Citadel
•    11th November, 2010 UK Mansfield  @ Town Mill
•    12th November, 2010 UK Sheffield  @ The Boardwalk
•    14th November, 2010 UK Newcastle  @ The Cluny
•    19th November, 2010 UK Sutton  @ Boom Boom Club
•    20th November, 2010 UK Bristol  @ The Tunnels
•    23rd November, 2010 UK Chester  @ Telfords Warehouse
•    24th November, 2010 UK Bilston  @ Robin 2
•    25th November, 2010 UK Wimborne  @ Tivoli Theatre
•    26th November, 2010 UK Falmouth  @ Princess Pavillion
•    27th November, 2010 UK Exeter  @ Phoenix arts centre
•    01st December, 2010 UK Edinburgh  @ The Caves
•    02nd December, 2010 UK Bury  @ Met Arts
•    03rd December, 2010 UK Derby  @ Flowerpot
•    04th December, 2010 UK York  @ The Duchess
•    09th December, 2010 UK Kendal  @ Bootleggers
•    10th December, 2010 UK Aldershot  @ West End Centre
•    11th December, 2010 UK Nottingham  @ Lowdham Village Hall
•    12th December, 2010 UK Leicester  @ The Musician

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

cathysiler wrote:

I know, he didn't go anywhere. But, the last few CD's didn't give me what I heard in the first nor what I saw live. "Tower Sessions" has renewed my faith! I guess it's proof that I prefer live recordings. I'm getting very tired of "nice" songs. So I'm very happy. I highly recommend this one!!!!    Cathy

Guitar Wench...er witch...yes that's what I meant.  lol

MuchLove
BroJeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

MuchLove
BroJeff

In German I know what you mean: Saitenhexer.
His slide is so fast that you can't clap your hands the same speed.
Very confident that Mr Lister will play me out of my shoes on Friday.  lol

Blues Sissi wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

MuchLove
BroJeff

See you there Sissi!!!
Do you have your tickets already? The venue isn't really cooperative in answering their phone...

Suzanne wrote:
Blues Sissi wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

MuchLove
BroJeff

See you there Sissi!!!
Do you have your tickets already? The venue isn't really cooperative in answering their phone...

See you there Suzanne.
I send a mail for a reservation: wolle.tatort@web.de
They normally don't make reserverations only if someone has to travel a bit. So if you write that you're from Holland, it should be no problem. So far it's not sold out. I'll travel to the venue directly after work and should be there before they open at 8:00. If you don't reach someone, I can buy a ticket for you. Just give me a call or send me an SMS: +49 1577 1535579

CU

Tower sessions is by far his best album so far, IMO... I don´t own his studio albums, because they´re very different from the live experience that the Tower sessions album captures - even though it wasn´t exactly recorded "live" in front of an audience. But it comes across as if it were. It´s great to have his "Purple Rain" version recorded and also all the more rocking tunes like "Hero".
Have fun at the show, girls! wink
Eva

It wasn't a bad start into the weekend  lol seeing one of my favourites bands as well as Bibi and Suzanne.
Sometimes vids say more than words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KahKvEDh-dA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOO5GvQO … u_in_order
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7wUBiqV … u_in_order
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv16k562bPk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5XEwwG7pU

The new drummer entertained with drum-stick-twirling and when Aynsley lost the connection to the monitor box he started drumming and Dan and Midus get into his music.
Wouldn't mind to hear more songs with jam character of the band in the future.

Tower Sessions could well be my most favourite album of the year. If you don't have it...just get it.  cool

Since Cathy brought me Tower Sessions and BCC, I  have them both in the car. After the initial listen to both I have been playing one non-stop.

Guess which one?  tongue

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Amsterhammer wrote:

Since Cathy brought me Tower Sessions and BCC, I  have them both in the car. After the initial listen to both I have been playing one non-stop.

Guess which one?  tongue

Coinkydink time again - Tower Sessions is in my car CD player right now - been going round for about 4 days - and I've had it for months!
I love Aynsley's playing style - never overdoes it - he really understands the importance of the spaces between the notes.

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Icon wrote:

Amsterhammer wrote:

Guess which one?  tongue

Coinkydink time again - Tower Sessions is in my car CD player right now - been going round for about 4 days - and I've had it for months!
I love Aynsley's playing style - never overdoes it - he really understands the importance of the spaces between the notes.

Ian

Yes I agree, Aynsley never overplays and his mature understated playing marks him out from many. The Towers Sessions is highly recommended, and I'd suggest if you're based in the UK to take a look at his current  tour schedule to see when he's playing near you. I'll be at his Edinburgh date on 1st December, my 7th Aynsley show smile

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

Greenose wrote:
Icon wrote:

Amsterhammer wrote:

Guess which one?  tongue

Ian

Yes I agree, Aynsley never overplays and his mature understated playing marks him out from many. The Towers Sessions is highly recommended, and I'd suggest if you're based in the UK to take a look at his current  tour schedule to see when he's playing near you. I'll be at his Edinburgh date on 1st December, my 7th Aynsley show smile

Have been to 2 gigs (Doug MacLeod big_smile and Louisiana Red) this week at "Cafe Steinbruch" in Duisburg and they played 1 CD before and after the gig and it was Tower Sessions. So I hope that they are thinking to book the band next year. Spoke with the soundman after Doug's gig who played a great acoustic set for about 20 folks and tried to convince him that they should book Aynsley Lister for an acoustic session. That's something I would play some miles for.
There's one gig confirmed in Germany for February 3rd at the "Harmonie" in Bonn. And I think it was Midus who told me at the last gig that there should be some more gigs in Germany. I really hope so.

This is what I like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twlYRHUh … re=related

MuchBlues
BigJeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Aynsley is going to be touring round Europe starting next week-end:-

25/10 - Rankweil, Altes Kino  AT
26/10 - Rubigen, Muhle Hunziken  CH
27/10 - Prattlen, Galery  CH
28/10 - Aarberg, Moonwalker  CH
29/10 - Frauenfeld, Eisenwerk CH
31/10 - Seewen-Schwyz, Gleis 2  CH
2/11  - Kufstein, KuFu-Kulturfabrik  AT
3/11  - Karlsruhle, Jubez  DE
4/11  - L-2160 Luxembourg, La Brasserie Le Neumunster  LU
5/11  - Landshuhl, Stadhalle  DE

All shows listed as full band; no "solo" shows mentioned, but I guess if you catch him or Steph after the shows, it doesn't hurt to ask....

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

All gigs too far away. Hope to see Aynley next year in my area.
The guitar night on 5 November in Landstuhl could be very interesting.
Great line-up: Aynsley Lister, Henrik Freischlader, Willie Logan.
http://www.anderswelt-event.de/shop/page/8?shop_param=
A night of modern blues.