1 (edited by Barbara 2007-06-10 12:42:25)

Topic: Columbus 6/8

PromoWest's Bluesfest at the LC Pavilion was to be held outside on Friday evening but due to the probability of heavy rain, high winds, thunder and lightning it was moved inside into their concert facility.  It is a Large open floored facility with plenty of standing room down by and around the stage.  Really a fun place to see a show.  Came over from Pittsburgh and got in line with a bunch of Joe's die hard, loyal and dedicated Ohio fans who always turn out to support Joe.  As always they packed the house!!!!

Yes, I parked myself at the railing right in the center and patiently waited for Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick to come on.  Have to say the show was absolutely PERFECT!!!!!!  One of the best I've seen from Joe and the boys.  Their music was extremely tight, Joe's voice was at peak of perfection, their energy level was high and they appeared to having a blast playing together on stage.  Their show started off with Bogie coming on stage first pounding out the beat to Bridge to Better Days and then came Joe, Carmine and Rick.  It was wonderful 90 minute ride filled with Joe's incredible rockin' blues music.  Joe, your guitar playing is an amazing experience to watch.  I am in awe of you and your talent every time I see you play.  Bogie, you are a driving force on those drums!  Your solo just jammed.  I know I've said this before..............but honestly I could watch you play your drums all day.  Carmine and Rick great job.

After watching Joe and the boys perform on Friday night, it is perfectly clear to me, that Joe just loves his Ohio fans!!!!  Dave thanks soooo much for the set list.   

Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick many thanks for a ROCKIN' show.  You guys are the best.......See you on Thursday night in Pittsburgh, YEAH!!!!!!.......

Barbara

Bridge to Better Days
Walk in my Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Mountain Time
Burning Hell
Another Kind of Love (new)
Sloe Gin (new)
Highwater Everywhere
If Heartaches Where Nickles
Woke Up Dreaming
Django
Just Got Paid
encore.....
Asking Around for You
One of these Days
Los Endos

Re: Columbus 6/8

Thanks Barbara. Seems the boys are rolling on at peak performance. How do they do it? It's great that you get another show so soon. Your review reflects every one's experience with this new band. Lucky bunch of fans! Again, thanks for sharing..Cathy

NICE NICE NICE Report Barbara , yep everytime you turn up at a Joe Bonamassa show you sure do get your night's entertainment for a small fee & i guess the band are getting even tighter every time they play together .
This is a Blues Legend in the Making and he's Full Steam Ahead like a Blues Frieght Train , unstoppable

..................... michael

Kickin' it like old school      wink

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

It also looks like the set list is growing! smile smile smile

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

I looked up Los Endos and I see Genesis did it. I've never heard that one and I've heard a lot of Genesis - Squonk, Dance on a Volcano, Deep in the Motherlode, etc. Leave it to Joe to find an obscure one. smile

One thing that always puzzled me was why Tarzan didn't have a beard.

Andy:  Los Endos is the last track on the album (err..CD) that starts out with "Dance on a Volcano" and contains "Sqonk", entitled "Trick of the Tail".   As stated in an earlier post, I have been a huge Genesis fan since the late 70's, though only saw them a couple of times...got tix to see the "reunion" in Sept...getting psyched.

I really was scratching my head when he pulled that one out at Hagerstown....so familiar and yet I couldn't quite place it......then "BAM!"

The "Wurm" from "You & I" and Starship Trooper by Yes were great inclusions, love that Joe wanted to throw in something a bit different to appease his fans....I love it!

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

CarljMD wrote:

Andy:  Los Endos is the last track on the album (err..CD) that starts out with "Dance on a Volcano" and contains "Sqonk", entitled "Trick of the Tail".   As stated in an earlier post, I have been a huge Genesis fan since the late 70's, though only saw them a couple of times...got tix to see the "reunion" in Sept...getting psyched.

I really was scratching my head when he pulled that one out at Hagerstown....so familiar and yet I couldn't quite place it......then "BAM!"

The "Wurm" from "You & I" and Starship Trooper by Yes were great inclusions, love that Joe wanted to throw in something a bit different to appease his fans....I love it!

CarljMD

Thanks. I do remember hearing the Wurm and Starship Trooper on the radio once in a while. I remember the first time I heard Joe play them and saying, WOW. Starship Trooper is one of my all time favs.

One thing that always puzzled me was why Tarzan didn't have a beard.

Hey Barbara, thanks for posting a great review.  Front and center, what a place to be in watching a show.  Good to see "one of these days" back in.  I pulled out my old TYA album to listen to the original version.  Can't wait to hear Joe's version...

Music is good for the Soul...

we got it from "Seconds out Live" 
Joe Bonamassa

Joe:  Funny you should mention that, I was going to recommend that album.  I played the grooves off of that one back in the late 70's......some of Phil's versions of the songs I like better than Gabriel's original.  I actually set up "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" to listen to every morning for several weeks...really got me pumped up!

The "Seconds Out" collection is amazing, in addition to Phil Collins on drums, it features Chester Thompson, an incredible drummer, and a drum duel with Phil & Bill Bruford, Yes' original drummer, for Dance on a Volcano.

Great choice....always keeps things interesting!

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Walk In My Shadows has such a good feel live.........very good setlist.......

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Barbara articulated it very clearly & concisely so I could only add that although I enjoy 'em all to the hilt, this Columbus show was truly spectactular; the acoustic set was just sweltering & how 'bout those keys at the beginning of Asking Around for You?!  Love that!  Not the most picture-friendly venue but the crowd was awesome it was great to be there, see some friends, and meet a number of new fans whom I hope keep in touch.  Can't wait til Thursday (Pittsburgh) and Friday (Struthers)!  3 shows in 7 days... a fine week, indeed.

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Keep on Rocking, Melissa, You deserve it! Thanks for all you and yours do! Guess you guys will be in withdrawl! I await the next report.               Cathy

Melissa wrote:

3 shows in 7 days... a fine week, indeed.

I'm jealous....  Have fun Melissa

Music is good for the Soul...

Melissa wrote:

Barbara articulated it very clearly & concisely so I could only add that although I enjoy 'em all to the hilt, this Columbus show was truly spectactular; the acoustic set was just sweltering & how 'bout those keys at the beginning of Asking Around for You?!  Love that!  Not the most picture-friendly venue but the crowd was awesome it was great to be there, see some friends, and meet a number of new fans whom I hope keep in touch.  Can't wait til Thursday (Pittsburgh) and Friday (Struthers)!  3 shows in 7 days... a fine week, indeed.

Hi-

Two shows back-to-back isn't bad for me!!

Dean

16 (edited by Barbara 2007-06-12 19:49:31)

cathysiler wrote:

Keep on Rocking, Melissa, You deserve it! Thanks for all you and yours do! Guess you guys will be in withdrawl! I await the next report.               Cathy

Yes Cathy, I definitely will have major withdrawal next week without seeing Joe and the boys.  Yikes!!!!  I am not looking forward to that.............  May need a ten step program to get through the next couple of weeks.

Barbara