Topic: Birchmere 6/4 review

Wow, another awesome show, kudos to Joe and the boys for a great evening! This was our 1st time at the Birchmere and I was impressed with the place. The sound quality was very good and we had excellent seats (thanks Steve!). It was a sold out show and unfortunately many without tickets didn't get in.

Crosby Loggins opened with a small set that got the crowd good and warmed up.  Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick took the stage with Bridge To Better Days followed by Walk In My Shadow and Blues Deluxe.  They did my favorite song next, Mountain Time. I don't know how Joe could improve that song but he did! He made his guitar sound like a sitar, quite impressive.  Burning Love and Another Kind Of Love was followed by Joe's new song Sloe Gin. I really like the new song, I can see that becoming another one of my favorites. Joe switched to an acoustic set of High Water, If Heartaches Were Nickels and Woke Up Dreaming. He blazed through Django with his Strat, switched guitars and started off with Just Got Paid which morphed into a Zepplin medley, including a kick butt solo by Bogie, then back into Just Got Paid.  After a standing ovation they boys retook the stage with Asking Around For You. They wrapped up the show with One Of These Days. I loved it!

We met a lot of very nice people there, Joe's fans are the best. Two guys at our table hadn't seen Joe before and the look on their faces was priceless. I told them they had been Bona-baptized! 

Thanks Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick for another wonderful evening of outstanding music. A road trip might be next on the agenda, I don't think I can wait until November to hear you guys again.

Re: Birchmere 6/4 review

dazee wrote:

Wow, another awesome show, kudos to Joe and the boys for a great evening! This was our 1st time at the Birchmere and I was impressed with the place. The sound quality was very good and we had excellent seats (thanks Steve!). It was a sold out show and unfortunately many without tickets didn't get in.

Crosby Loggins opened with a small set that got the crowd good and warmed up.  Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick took the stage with Bridge To Better Days followed by Walk In My Shadow and Blues Deluxe.  They did my favorite song next, Mountain Time. I don't know how Joe could improve that song but he did! He made his guitar sound like a sitar, quite impressive.  Burning Love and Another Kind Of Love was followed by Joe's new song Sloe Gin. I really like the new song, I can see that becoming another one of my favorites. Joe switched to an acoustic set of High Water, If Heartaches Were Nickels and Woke Up Dreaming. He blazed through Django with his Strat, switched guitars and started off with Just Got Paid which morphed into a Zepplin medley, including a kick butt solo by Bogie, then back into Just Got Paid.  After a standing ovation they boys retook the stage with Asking Around For You. They wrapped up the show with One Of These Days. I loved it!

We met a lot of very nice people there, Joe's fans are the best. Two guys at our table hadn't seen Joe before and the look on their faces was priceless. I told them they had been Bona-baptized! 

Thanks Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick for another wonderful evening of outstanding music. A road trip might be next on the agenda, I don't think I can wait until November to hear you guys again.

Burning Love? Is this a new one?

One thing that always puzzled me was why Tarzan didn't have a beard.

Andy wrote:
dazee wrote:

I think they meant Burning Hell...

Music is good for the Soul...

Thanks so much Dazee. Sounds like it was a great evening for all! I bet it was fun to watch a Bonabaptism. No doubt the newbies will be back for more. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to share, it really does keep everyone "in the loop"...........Cathy

Andy wrote:

Hahahaha...good catch!  I don't know what possessed me to put Burning Love instead of Burning Hell. I guess I looked at the big mural of Elvis to much last night!

Jane-the blues rock one.

dazee wrote:
Andy wrote:

Hahahaha...good catch!  I don't know what possessed me to put Burning Love instead of Burning Hell. I guess I looked at the big mural of Elvis to much last night!

Jane-the blues rock one.

Is it on the black velvet background?

Music is good for the Soul...

Great review dazee.  And Burning Love, I think that's the reason Paris Hilton has her doctor on speed dial, lol.