Topic: Lonestar 92.5 in Dallas playing Joe!

Heads up! The new Lonestar 92.5 is playing Joe Bonamassa! This was my favorite classic rock station until about a month ago. They changed their format to a mix of classic rock and outlaw country, more country though. This upset alot of long time listeners, and I was one of them. Then today, a fellow Joe-fan emailed me that she had heard Color & Shape on there so I gave it a listen on the way home. Sure enough, they played a song from ANDY. The DJ said he was "a new guitar player and singer that can really play the guitar." So he needs a little education on how long Joe has been out there, but the main thing is we in Dallas can now hear Joe on a local radio station.
They are also playing Jim Suhler and Smokin' Joe Kubek.
Log on to kzps.com, there is a feedback link where we can all tell them how much we enjoy hearing Joe.

Cion

Re: Lonestar 92.5 in Dallas playing Joe!

Get the "Revenge of the 10 Gallon Hat" into their hands. That would bowl them over.

Good idea. I need to find out which CD's they have. So far, seems like everything they are playing is off of ANDY.
Stu/Melissa-any ideas?

Cion

I also have been listening to 92.5 Lonestar radio since a fellow co-worker informed me he heard one of Joe's songs on that station recently.  Within a few hours of tuning in, I heard "I Don't Believe".  That sure made my day!  I am also a Jim Suhler & Monkey Beat fan, but haven't been fortunate yet to be listening when they've played any of their songs.  Ah well...  It's great to have Joe on the radio!!

Kim

5 (edited by cionlynn 2007-05-28 10:26:34)

Lonestar is no ordinary station, gaining national attention on The Colbert Report when it started. Partialy owned by Willie Nelson I hear and plays no commercials. The advertising partners sponsor the station with very short mentions during station ID's. DJ's  are limited, you don't hear much from them. Just lots of music. Cool move, Willie.

Cion

I like your cat, Jane. Our big cat weighs in at 16 pounds.

Checkin' it out right now.
Sounds like Fabulous Thunderbirds to me!
Sweet station cool
Thanks for hookin me up!
Once again can always count on Joe's family of friends!
You guys rock!
Julie in Green Bay big_smile

I'm liking it as well.  Used to switch between 92.5 and 93.3 to hear classic rock.  Now it just stays on 92.5  Sounds like they have my cd collection - obscure litte feat, goldenearring, black crowes, skynard,outlaw country,delbert mckilinton, zztop, and of course JB.  Heard Color and Shape(one of my favorites yesterday).  They play alot of deep cuts, not just the hits.

DonR

jeez, i wish I could find a radio station that regularly plays blues stuff.  All we got are the designated blues shows sunday nights for a few hours.  We will have to get Joe on there big time with the new album.