Topic: Joe is the best guitar talent alive !

Hi all I'm new. I live close to OKC. I am 50 and because of Joe I have decided to try to learn to play.(hopefully learn to strum 3 or 4 cords lol) I look forward to talking to all of you. I am a HUGE JB fan. I never miss a show within range if at all possible.
I had the honor to sit down and meet him at the "2 Frogs Inn" (Ardmore Oklahoma) Actually was able to buy him a drink. This was a couple years ago.
I asked him why he didn't promote more vigorously.He was SO humble. A true asset to the music world. He told me that" he has seen so many artists jump straight to the top and come crashing down. He said he was in no hurry and wanted to do this right".  WOW I was totally impressed.
Well, God Bless All
Clint cool

Re: Joe is the best guitar talent alive !

Hey Clint, welcome to the board.  I'm also impressed with how humble he is.  You're so lucky to have met him and bought him a drink. smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Welcome, Clint, for another 50ish member here.

And good luck to you on learning to play guitar. I also was inspired to pick up and learn the guitar after seeing some musicians - the Beatles on Ed Sullivan in February, 1964. Talk about dating yourself.!!:)

Anyways, it's never too late to learn - and while I've only recently glommed onto Joe and his talent in the last month or so, your comments about his humility do not surprise me in the least.

If the man's fans (i.e. the people who inhabit this official website) are any reflection of the character of the performer, then he has to be a great guy because the people here are the best.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.

Mark

Clint,
Welcome aboard from another 50 year old fan! The title of your post is dead on correct...you'll fit in just fine.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome Clint, to the forum.  Yes, you are sooooo correct...Joe is the BEST guitar talent and he is one of the nicest and most humble guys too.  Enjoy all things Joe on this board.  Everyone here is really friendly so have fun and post away!!!!!!!

Barbara

hi clint its allways the same everyone who listen one time to Joe say`s WOW 
me either....lol smile
so if you like to get on the train come to joe`s guitar`s amp`s and gear ,there we learn to play in advice of
some very cool teachers like Budda :Kwsjb......and some other beginners like me
so welcome on the bord and greetings from europe (germany)
by Geko smile

hey dude - welcome to the board

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hi Clint,
Welcome to the board.  I think it is great you were inspired to learn guitar because of Joe.  Keep practicing and you'll be strummin' those chords in no time.

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Welcome to the Forum, Clint, from another ancient fan! This place is full of great people and, as you will find, more music info than an old brain can absorb!! Have fun..Cathy

Welcome Clint to the forum.  You will find a lot of over 50ish here.  But we agree that Joe is the best guitar talent alive and a lot of us have seen many a guitarist.

Music is good for the Soul...

Hi, I'm also new here but had the opportunity to see Joe at the Blues Festival at Doheny this weekend. He was fabulous! He was on a small stage with a keyboard player and a bass guiter and he played accoustic. I was sitting in the 4th row and what a great show he put on. He was a fill-in for another band that didn't show and his performance was worth the price of the 2-day festival! He was playing that night at the Coach House but it was already sold out and I couldn't get tickets. I hope to see him again next time he's in So Cal.