1 (edited by gibsonguitar1988 2011-04-15 02:20:53)

Topic: Joe's white EDS-1275 Gibson Doubleneck

I see Joe is now playing a white Don Felder model Doubleneck EDS-1275 Gibson guitar. He has been pictured with it a lot.

I have recently heard that this may be Don's original Doubleneck from the Hotel California tour. I was hoping someone "in the know", or the man himself (even better) could tell me if he (Joe) has the original Eagles/Felder doubleneck and if so how he acquired it or if it's just one of Don's new signature models. I'm not sure which to believe but I'd like some information on it!

Someone had said that they saw Joe's guitars at a Civic Center and the doubleneck was the real deal (Don's original from the 70s). I was just curious as I am a HUGE Eagles fan and a huge fan of both Joe Walsh (my guitar hero) and Don Felder and used to play in an Eagles tribute for a while. If Joe really has Don's old doubleneck that would make me happy it went to someone like Joe.

gibsonguitar1988 (Austin)

Re: Joe's white EDS-1275 Gibson Doubleneck

gibsonguitar1988 wrote:

I see Joe is now playing a white Don Felder model Doubleneck EDS-1275 Gibson guitar. He has been pictured with it a lot.

I have recently heard that this may be Don's original Doubleneck from the Hotel California tour. I was hoping someone "in the know", or the man himself (even better) could tell me if he (Joe) has the original Eagles/Felder doubleneck and if so how he acquired it or if it's just one of Don's new signature models. I'm not sure which to believe but I'd like some information on it!

Someone had said that they saw Joe's guitars at a Civic Center and the doubleneck was the real deal (Don's original from the 70s). I was just curious as I am a HUGE Eagles fan and a huge fan of both Joe Walsh (my guitar hero) and Don Felder and used to play in an Eagles tribute for a while. If Joe really has Don's old doubleneck that would make me happy it went to someone like Joe.

Joe Bonamassa2011-02-22 00:01:44
Administrator
Yeah... Thanks to my friend at the Gibson Custom Shop Rick Gembar..  He sent me  Don Felder #075 for the BCC #2 record... Its a awesome guitar... I love the 12 string part of it... Im going for the "I Can See for Miles " tone.... All guitars sound better with two necks. Its the American way..
Joe B

I view it as the Alex Lifeson EDS-1275.  Alex certainly put his to good use along with Geddy's double neck Rickenbacker.  God, what that thing must have weighed . . . .

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:

I view it as the Alex Lifeson EDS-1275.  Alex certainly put his to good use along with Geddy's double neck Rickenbacker.  God, what that thing must have weighed . . . .

It's the Don Felder model. His has a different kind of tuners. Don Felder is the man.

I believe the above statement that it is the Don Felder model! Love the Eagles!

helrazr84 wrote:
gibsonguitar1988 wrote:

Joe Bonamassa2011-02-22 00:01:44
Administrator
Yeah... Thanks to my friend at the Gibson Custom Shop Rick Gembar..  He sent me  Don Felder #075 for the BCC #2 record... Its a awesome guitar... I love the 12 string part of it... Im going for the "I Can See for Miles " tone.... All guitars sound better with two necks. Its the American way..
Joe B

Thanks!!!!!!

I love the Eagles - great to hear that Joe is playing the Don Felder doublenecks. Now he just needs to get a Don Felder 59 Les Paul model! big_smile

Two inputs as well...

Reminds me again: Gibson, what are you doing?!

gibsonguitar1988 wrote:
dknight16 wrote:

It's the Don Felder model. His has a different kind of tuners. Don Felder is the man.

Totally agree.  Just saying I think of Alex when I see a white EDS-1275 based on my concert experiences. Alex is the man.  big_smile

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

8 (edited by gibsonguitar1988 2011-04-15 19:34:29)

DaveWammbarro wrote:

Two inputs as well...

Reminds me again: Gibson, what are you doing?!

The reason for the two inputs was that Felder starting on the Hotel California tour in the 70s ran the 12 string neck to one jack and to a leslie cabinet on stage for Hotel California's 12 string parts and then ran a separate cable to his pedalboard and then his Fender Deluxe Reverb amp. Pretty cool actually but I may be a little biased as I love the Eagles very much and support them like family. I love Walsh and Felder - my guitar heroes.

I think it's so cool that Joe B is playing that Doubleneck!

dknight16 wrote:
gibsonguitar1988 wrote:
dknight16 wrote:

Totally agree.  Just saying I think of Alex when I see a white EDS-1275 based on my concert experiences. Alex is the man.  big_smile

Nothing wrong with that. I think of Felder when I see a white Doubleneck. I'm sure Zep fans think of Page when they see a red doubleneck! big_smile