Topic: Tonights show

Hello,

It's been 5 months since my last Joe show, I am more than ready. All those warm up acts since then just have not got it done for Shred. In a few minutes ANDY LIVE will be on the LCD TV, followed by ROCKPALAST. Got JR shred waiting on me since he has no other choice ( he is a great kid, his mom raised him right ) the last time he went giggin with pops, we saw KWS.

You know I like tellin my stories, so here is a quicky. We were heading to the airport yesterday, I'm driving the very uncool family van ( my kids and friends tell us how square we look in it since our kids are now adults and should be driving something a little more stylish, but hey it's paid for! ). I look over at the wife " honey turn on the cd player, you got to hear this Hendrix style guitar player Jeff sent me". She looks at me and says "is that the package you got the other day, it said it came from Pittsburgh."  I'm smiling and nodding " that is the most incredible disk I have ever heard from someone I have never heard of, the dude is phenomonal". She shakes her head as to say no " he's no Bonamassa, Joe is getting played first ". What can I say, I brained washed the poor lady, she is under a Joe spell.

I will be wearing my street team shirt if anyone reading this is going. I'll buy you a drink, say hello, if your not to scared!

Dave

P.S........... This is close to my last post, told the wife I would stay under the " Mendoza Line". Catch up with yall at a show somewhere.

Re: Tonights show

I don't know what the M-line is but you can't go away!! Ask the wife to please allow you to come "play" on the forum once in a while. And I can't wait for your review. Keep the stories and smiles coming!  Cathy

Yeah, you rock, Shredit!

The Mendoza line is an old baseball term.

The Mendoza Line is an informal term used in baseball for when a player's batting average falls below .200, considered the boundary between extremely poor and merely below-average offensive players. It is the offensive threshold below which a player's presence in the Major Leagues is difficult to justify despite their defensive abilities, except in the case of a player with an extremely high home run total; baseball pitchers are not subject to this threshold because of the specialty of their skills.

The term was named for former shortstop Mario Mendoza, who had a career batting average of .215 and actually hit .198 in the 1979 season. According to this version, George Brett originated it when asked about his batting average. He was shown the average in a newspaper, and made a remark along of the lines of "I knew I was off to a bad start when I saw my average listed below the Mendoza line."

5 (edited by Shredit 2007-05-21 15:42:11)

Hi !

I will make this very quick, the place was packed. Anderson Hall set the evening in the right flow.

Joe and the boys came on stage. The man has tremendous stage presence. As good as he was in Seatle, he was twice as good last night. The mix was right on the money. I thought they were real tight for not being together that long. My son said it best, before Joe came back to encore " he has to be the most complete guitar player around", that is obvious!

Joe I dont know what you said to african american lady in front of me, but you made her day! "Sloe Gin" are you kiddin me! WOW

So long.........Shred

P.S............I have 4 FREE TIX. for INDIGENOUS, they are there next Mon. The waitress gave them to me. Any of you in the L.A. area? E- mail me there yours.

Hey Shred, sounds like the band is getting better and better if that is possible.  How long was the show?

Music is good for the Soul...

jim m wrote:

The Mendoza Line is an informal term used in baseball for when a player's batting average falls below .200, considered the boundary between extremely poor and merely below-average offensive players. It is the offensive threshold below which a player's presence in the Major Leagues is difficult to justify despite their defensive abilities, except in the case of a player with an extremely high home run total; baseball pitchers are not subject to this threshold because of the specialty of their skills.

The term was named for former shortstop Mario Mendoza, who had a career batting average of .215 and actually hit .198 in the 1979 season. According to this version, George Brett originated it when asked about his batting average. He was shown the average in a newspaper, and made a remark along of the lines of "I knew I was off to a bad start when I saw my average listed below the Mendoza line."

The Mendoza line is also referred to as an interstate ave., as in I95. The absolute worst though is a bingo ave. as in .Osomething. Only pitchers with a live arm get away with owning an ave. like that.

Play Ball,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Shhhhhh!

Hi I'm down in the dungeon, she took off the shackles to feed me. She'll be right back.

Just got off the phone with JDAWG in SLO, he is back with the boys for sound check. He is fired up big time! I hope Joe gets to play the "Skylark", it wasnt a string that broke the other night, I was right on top of the stage. The show was 1:47 minutes. I had a very very weak Micheal review to give you, un fortunetly the boss found it irritating that I would even think about writing a novel during the show. I crumpled up my notes and sulked like a child who did'nt get his way! Tommorrow it's boys night out in Reno, I get to meet the man. There is a little problem though, I was in an car accident at work today. I got some stiches in my face, as well as a nice shiner. There is no way I'm wearing any shirt with Bonamassa on it, I dont want people to think Joe hangs with some loser who got his **** kicked. In fact I think I'll pass on meeting him, first impressions are important to Shred. I mixed up a absolute smokin disk to give him, oh well maybe next time.

I think she's coming, gotta pound down the heineken and bread she left. I hope she lets me out soon, sure miss the forum!

Shred

ohiodawg13 wrote:
jim m wrote:

The Mendoza line is also referred to as an interstate ave., as in I95. The absolute worst though is a bingo ave. as in .Osomething. Only pitchers with a live arm get away with owning an ave. like that.

Bob Uecker was very proud of his lifetime batting average, which was somewhere in the low .200's. He said that anyone could stick in the major leagues hitting .300 or above, but it took real talent to stay in the majors when you were hitting .220.

Play Ball,

J Dawg

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

10 (edited by photogal 2007-05-24 23:34:54)

Shredit wrote:

Shhhhhh!

Hi I'm down in the dungeon, she took off the shackles to feed me. She'll be right back.

Just got off the phone with JDAWG in SLO, he is back with the boys for sound check. He is fired up big time! I hope Joe gets to play the "Skylark", it wasnt a string that broke the other night, I was right on top of the stage. The show was 1:47 minutes. I had a very very weak Micheal review to give you, un fortunetly the boss found it irritating that I would even think about writing a novel during the show. I crumpled up my notes and sulked like a child who did'nt get his way! Tommorrow it's boys night out in Reno, I get to meet the man. There is a little problem though, I was in an car accident at work today. I got some stiches in my face, as well as a nice shiner. There is no way I'm wearing any shirt with Bonamassa on it, I dont want people to think Joe hangs with some loser who got his **** kicked. In fact I think I'll pass on meeting him, first impressions are important to Shred. I mixed up a absolute smokin disk to give him, oh well maybe next time.

I think she's coming, gotta pound down the heineken and bread she left. I hope she lets me out soon, sure miss the forum!

Shred

Shred,

One things for sure. If you met Joe for the first time with a few stiches in your face and a black eye, and handed him a "smokin disc" I am sure he would remember you for a long....long..time.  smile   You might consider wearing the Bonamassa shirt and attach a note to your shirt that says, "If you think I look bad, you should see the other guy....he tried to get my spot in front of the stage!" lol

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

SHRED..I was worried that we had lost you!! You give us too much joy to leave us!!! Wear your shirt proudly and meet Joe!! We are all real people here! If I had to wait to be presentable I could never leave my house! Have a great time with the boys and report back. Remember, We love ya!!!!!!!

cathysiler wrote:

SHRED..I was worried that we had lost you!! You give us too much joy to leave us!!! Wear your shirt proudly and meet Joe!! We are all real people here! If I had to wait to be presentable I could never leave my house! Have a great time with the boys and report back. Remember, We love ya!!!!!!!

Well alright, if you really want me around. Actually my brother is here and had a talk to the wife. He is such a good guy, she thinks the world of him. He mentioned I much I enjoy the forum, and how it cool it is to see him on a computer. She smiled at me and says " just dont ignore me, you like those people more than me". I guess I need to be more attentive, she is use to me spoiling her, she is the best woman in the world.

My face is not as bad as I thought it would be, but it sure hurts like hell. A metal door and human face dont mix well together.

I'm going to wear my street team shirt and bring the disc. No pictures though, I am much to ugly, and that was before the face plant!

Shred

P.S.........Happy belated birthday, I didnt miss that, just forgot to wish you the best!

Bluesman,

Your my kinda people, It wasnt the 2nd heineken it was the 12th when she slapped my down! (LOL)

Shred